Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Draft Discussion Thread

please only post draft picks in the draft thread, all commentary goes here.

Thanks

When is the actual start time of the draft? I'm almost done with my prep work (not much change from last year really), but I can speed it up depending on when it starts.

logically i would think monday morning would be the official start but if your prep work is done, no reason not to make a 1st rounder. most people should be around for the start of this thing so getting as much done early will speed up the whole process i would think

Hey cmh why you gotta be a ? :P

Figured youd take him but thought maybe youd wait and see what fell

You notice he went with him in round 2. Not trying to cause trouble but I assume it was to rub salt in your wound. ;)

Oh I knew he would be round two. No reason not to be hahaha. No wound though I wasnt planning on having a shot at him unless cmh picked before me or unless I didnt get bautista

As much of a luxury as it would have been to have either Beltran or Bautista, my outfield should be in decent shape with Gordon, Aoki and Cain plus a few other options that are still available to me.

Not landing one of either Greinke or Shields would have hurt much worse, as my remaining SP options are not as sexy.

As much of a luxury as it would have been to have either Beltran or Bautista, my outfield should be in decent shape with Gordon, Aoki and Cain plus a few other options that are still available to me.

Not landing one of either Greinke or Shields would have hurt much worse, as my remaining SP options are not as sexy.

yeah absolutely. Shields was #2 on my list for sure but the Rays have pretty strong exclusive pitchers.

luckily for you i picked ahead of the Jays. likely the difference between you missing out on all 4

The first (and last) time that Omar Infante will ever be drafted #1 overall. This is probably the greatest moment in his life. :lol:

I was so not thinking the Rays would take Joey Bats. Not sure why I thought that but I was already preparing for rd 2-3 turn prior to draft starting. Now Im already in recovery mode.

I was so not thinking the Rays would take Joey Bats. Not sure why I thought that but I was already preparing for rd 2-3 turn prior to draft starting. Now Im already in recovery mode.

Yeah, when I saw that I had to go remind myself of that ridiculous 2004. On five rosters in one season.

I was like, "When did he play for the Rays?"

I was like, "When did he play for the Rays?"

I knew he played for them I just was an idiot thinking they wouldn't take him. Figured he would go with Shields even with his long stable of SPs.

1.01 Omar Infante, 2B, KC

umm, wow :dunno:

well, guess I'll be using a supplemental pick on a 2B

Loudmuzic does but is having issues logging in to post I guess.

I emailed my friend. He teaches during the day, but told him he could send picks or a list to posty if needed.

Loudmuzic does but is having issues logging in to post I guess.

He registered as bbascom...

Could of gone a couple diffrent ways but just could'nt pass up Grienke., Woulda grabbed Hanley if he came to me!

I fully expect my list to get shreaded!

yeah so I wasn't really expecting to miss on Greinke, Bautista, Infante, and Beltran all by my first pick. I guess I should feel lucky cause I could have missed on Shields too.

My 2B options are now very sad. Looks like I'll be targeting a 2B and then likely some additional offense with my 2 supplemental picks.

yeah so I wasn't really expecting to miss on Greinke, Bautista, Infante, and Beltran all by my first pick. I guess I should feel lucky cause I could have missed on Shields too.

My 2B options are now very sad. Looks like I'll be targeting a 2B and then likely some additional offense with my 2 supplemental picks.

Do you think Santana will re-sign, he may end up waiting till June (or so they say on the mlb channel)

I knew he played for them I just was an idiot thinking they wouldn't take him. Figured he would go with Shields even with his long stable of SPs.

ideally, i would have had CMH picking ahead of me and taking Grienke and i could have landed both. so i was happy to roll a spot ahead of Jays/O's/Royals but really didn't end up with a great slot, all things considered. With the O's looking at Davis and Royals looking for pitching, i really just had to be ahead of you and now my supplemental slot will be terrible.

being 2nd overall and knowing my supp spot will likely be garbage, i know i'm not getting any of the stud hitters that will be left so i HAD to go with Joey Bats even though he is likely on the downswing

Do you think Santana will re-sign, he may end up waiting till June (or so they say on the mlb channel)

I'm seeing the same thing but talent-wise he's head and shoulders above my other options. So while he may wait and see what happens with teams in contention or after the draft so teams wouldn't lose a pick for signing him, but I like him more than I do Felipe Paulino at this point.

Once we had an owner with the Rockies instead of the Cubs I had to change my entire draft. Having Holliday as an exclusive would have allowed me to grab Pujols. Without Holliday then I needed an outfielder. That could come back to hurt me in several ways.

Once we had an owner with the Rockies instead of the Cubs I had to change my entire draft. Having Holliday as an exclusive would have allowed me to grab Pujols. Without Holliday then I needed an outfielder. That could come back to hurt me in several ways.

Beltran could be very nice in Yankee stadium

What round is it that we allow teams to start drafting their own players? :dunno:

1.11 Hunter Pence, OF, SF

Asst Commish note: Pence is an exclusive to the Astros, I crossed out the pick...

What round is it that we allow teams to start drafting their own players? :dunno:

If he picks his own exclusive in the 1st round he should be stuck to it, he's been around long enough.

• Like 1

If he picks his own exclusive in the 1st round he should be stuck to it, he's been around long enough.

cmh's call...

With the Giants being owned last year maybe he thought that they were still owned this year...

Honest mistake IMO...

yeah, no reason to be a grinch. SF has been owned most years i would assume. so he probably didn't realize.

but should make a replacement pick or something

I've made a few honest mistakes and got no relief for it.

ok maybe i just feel bad because its the Astros :lol:

I appreciate the sentiment, but I really don't proclaim to be the designated commissioner of this league or to speak on behalf of all. I'll also be out quite a bit from time to time so pressing issues may not be quickly resolved if you're going to wait on me.

Have we even decided when an official start time is to be? Should everyone assume we are drafting now that picks are coming in? Just don't want some to be finishing up cheat sheets and others having to check frequently when you're waiting for nothing.

Just my opinion, if 29 guests is back here quickly and gets it changed ok but I wouldn't wait terribly long if we want to keep the thing going.

i thought i read that it was starting today. never saw an official time but its 2:30 PM eastern time and I assumed we were officially underway. Looks like the only teams not to check in are Rangers and Angels.

personally im hoping to get as much of this done this week as next week i have mandatory training / seminars and wont be able to check in during the day monday-friday

also my vote from here on out is that if you pick someone that has already been drafted or someone exclusive to you, then the owners can draft based on you already selecting. We aren't here to babysit owners. The commish can edit the pick to indicate that players is exclusive/ not available, but we shouldn't have to wait for 2-3 more hours for them to come back and re-select.

Now, if they want to go back and change it after someone has alerted them fine, but at that point any picks that have since been made are good and you can only change it to someone else that has not yet been drafted, no matter how far along we get in the process.

I'm here, but can't pick until Mora does.

Lambert, cmh, and Mora seem to affect all my top picks every year. Jagazzes!