Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Civil War II

"You're only a tough guy on the Internet!!!" :cry:

- crybaby Phaghawker

"You're only a tough guy on the Internet!!!" :cry:

- crybaby Phaghawker

Sorry but you don't have keyboard muscles :(

There is nothing going on like this at all.

I love the internet, really I do, but the fact that it provides people with a forum to say whatever comes into their retarded brains as fact irritates the bejesus out of me.

What, once the country folk feel like they have enough ammo, they're going to go downtown and fock up the urban folk?

Jesus f'ing Christ, some of you are dumb.

as a social experiment, you might go to wal-mart or big 5 or sports authority or basspro or sportsman's warehouse and see how much .22 or 9mm ammo you can purchase. the answer will likely be none. and when they do have it, it is a line in which you will stand in order to see if there is any left when it becomes your turn. if you choose not to make a purchase after waiting, the inventory will not remain unpurchased by those behind you. as another social experiment, you should see how many wal-marts and basspros and cabellas are located in rural settings. the same answer you will find. the metro areas are filled with concealed weapons and permits to carry them and the gun safes of those people are full of ammo. i contend the gun people aren't necessarily looking for a fight. but, they believe a fight is looking for them. whether justified or not, that is the perception they have. you referenced jesus twice. it IS easter.

• Like 1

as a social experiment, you might go to wal-mart or big 5 or sports authority or basspro or sportsman's warehouse and see how much .22 or 9mm ammo you can purchase. the answer will likely be none. and when they do have it, it is a line in which you will stand in order to see if there is any left when it becomes your turn. if you choose not to make a purchase after waiting, the inventory will not remain unpurchased by those behind you. as another social experiment, you should see how many wal-marts and basspros and cabellas are located in rural settings. the same answer you will find. the metro areas are filled with concealed weapons and permits to carry them and the gun safes of those people are full of ammo. i contend the gun people aren't necessarily looking for a fight. but, they believe a fight is looking for them. whether justified or not, that is the perception they have. you referenced jesus twice. it IS easter.

I'd rather avoid settings for such social experiments and live my life peacefully. In the unlikely event the sh!t hits the fan, what's the likelihood I'll be able to fend off the malcontents (or government) anyway?

And he referenced Jesus only once. Bejesus ain't in the Bible.

You forgot the part where some crazy goes into a school and slaughters a bunch of kids....and so now kids have to have these drills to prepare for the crazy coming to shoot them up. My 3 year olds have to practice that sh!t. So that contributes to this fear of guns.

If a family wants a kid to respect guns then that will win out over whatever is being instilled in the school setting....at least it should unless the parents are morons.

Schools should absolutely have a zero tolerance toward gun/behavior at school. You don't mess around with that sh!t.

Didn't you ever wonder why the majority of the mass shootings today happen in gun free zones? Think about it. What do you think will happen when the entire country is gun free? To blame these shooting on the gun is just plain naive. The schools should be teaching gun safety but then the government would never achieve banning guns.

Didn't you ever wonder why the majority of the mass shootings today happen in gun free zones? Think about it. What do you think will happen when the entire country is gun free? To blame these shooting on the gun is just plain naive. The schools should be teaching gun safety but then the government would never achieve banning guns.

Well I ain't never known nobody who shoots people, so I reckon we better sell more guns!

Gun safety won't prevent mass shootings.....look at Ft. Hood. Keeping guns out of the hands of those with mental illness might though. That's where the discussion needs to go. People blame guns because it's the easiest "solution". But I don't think it's the right one.

And if people with guns think a fight is looking for them, I think we'll have more crazies with more guns. Awesome.

i contend the gun people aren't necessarily looking for a fight. but, they believe a fight is looking for them. whether justified or not, that is the perception they have.

I live in a Midwest area that is surrounded by small town/rural America and you couldn't be more right.

Gun safety won't prevent mass shootings.....look at Ft. Hood. Keeping guns out of the hands of those with mental illness might though. That's where the discussion needs to go. People blame guns because it's the easiest "solution". But I don't think it's the right one.

And if people with guns think a fight is looking for them, I think we'll have more crazies with more guns. Awesome.

You are correct!

i contend the gun people aren't necessarily looking for a fight. but, they believe a fight is looking for them. whether justified or not, that is the perception they have.

I think this is mostly spot on. Unfortunately, there are always those that will take advantage of a situation and fan the flames of fear, and they are more than happy to encourage that sentiment to grow.

This sounds like a great idea but how do you implement it? Do you have to go get a psych eval before you buy a gun? And then go back for regular psych checkups to make sure you haven't lost your marbles since buying the gun?

Even something simpler and less effective, like prohibiting the sale of guns to people with known psychiatric diagnoses, would have problems. How invasive is that that someone gets to dig through your medical records any time you buy a gun? What if you and the missus went to marriage counseling a few years ago-- are you prohibited from buying a gun because maybe one day you're going to lose your sh!t and shoot her? Plus won't it discourage people from getting the psychiatric help they may need--knowing that they could never buy a gun after that, or at the very least that their private records are going to be prodded and scrutinized before they can get a rifle to teach their kid how to hunt?

It's one of those ideas that sounds great when you say it but I can't see how it would work in actual application.

This sounds like a great idea but how do you implement it? Do you have to go get a psych eval before you buy a gun? And then go back for regular psych checkups to make sure you haven't lost your marbles since buying the gun?

Even something simpler and less effective, like prohibiting the sale of guns to people with known psychiatric diagnoses, would have problems. How invasive is that that someone gets to dig through your medical records any time you buy a gun? What if you and the missus went to marriage counseling a few years ago-- are you prohibited from buying a gun because maybe one day you're going to lose your sh!t and shoot her? Plus won't it discourage people from getting the psychiatric help they may need--knowing that they could never buy a gun after that, or at the very least that their private records are going to be prodded and scrutinized before they can get a rifle to teach their kid how to hunt?

It's one of those ideas that sounds great when you say it but I can't see how it would work in actual application.

There are people studying the minds of these mass murderers. I'm sure there is common ideation amongst most of them. Once you start displaying such thinking, you get help instead of acting out your ideas of death and destruction. I've always believed that these mass shootings are a failure of the mental health system or a breakdown of the social network surrounding these folks than gun control.

It's not about making it harder for everyone to get guns. It's about focusing on getting people the help they need when they're severely mentally ill.

Easier said than done? Sure. But I believe that's the discussion we need to be having as a society. :dunno:

There are people studying the minds of these mass murderers. I'm sure there is common ideation amongst most of them. Once you start displaying such thinking, you get help instead of acting out your ideas of death and destruction. I've always believed that these mass shootings are a failure of the mental health system or a breakdown of the social network surrounding these folks than gun control.

It's not about making it harder for everyone to get guns. It's about focusing on getting people the help they need when they're severely mentally ill.

Easier said than done? Sure. But I believe that's the discussion we need to be having as a society. :dunno:

I agree with you there. I think part of the problem is we don't give mental health the same emphasis as physical health. If you're super focked up on the outside you can go to the ER and someone will address it. But if you're super focked up on the inside people blow you off as a nut, which you would be in this scenario but obviously there can be repercussions.

And he referenced Jesus only once. Bejesus ain't in the Bible.

he had to type it twice.

Most people in this country don't even give enough of a crap to vote, let alone fight a civil war.

This is a case of a small, lunatic fringe trying to puff themselves up into a serious threat. Like a small dog yapping.

This

Gun nuts trip me out. Just because it makes common focking sense not to have certain weapons (the ones that can do the most damage the fastest like fully automatic) illegal doesn't mean this country will ever ban ALL guns. Thats a pipe dream for lunatic fringe lefties and its simply a fallacy believed by the rednecks who want to puff their chest out and get all bent out of shape over nothing.

I live in NC with all these focking ignorant nutcases. I'm ashamed of them.

crazy and guns don't mix, i think we all agree. the op, though, wasn't about crazy people shooting up schools or malls. it was essentially about those who feel backed against a wall by the actions of an obtrusive federal govt. the intrusion comes through manipulated economic markets that are growing the chasm between the haves, the has-a-little and the have-nots. as the have-nots class grows, so does their desperation. and they won't take their desperation out on the haves. they will go to those to have just a little more than they have. gun owners aren't stocking up against the military or the govt. it is simply to survive the zombie class that is being run into the ground through high food and gas prices and no jobs. life changed gravely with 9/11. and things have spiraled downward economically from there for those outside the top 10%.

worms raised a good point, though, that we should expect to see a lot more thorough record-keeping system evolve from marriage counselors or child behavioral therapists or family attorneys, etc. in changing doctors recently, it seems the questions about history and medication have really ramped up...and the system was all electronic instead of filling out all those papers. i know hippa says all that stuff is private, but it will be used to see who is on prozac and meds like that. there is a thriving cash market for xrays and tests and therapy so as to avoid all the record-keeping. we're over-the-top with the nanny state b.s.

we have pot in colorado now, which is a huge gun deterrent. if you have a red card, you can't get a permit to carry. and being in possession of a weapon and federally illegal substance is not a good idea.

This is what needs to happen. Try as best we can to keep the crazies from guns. Another step is to somehow stop this negative stigma of mental health. So people feel like its okay to ask for help early.

Couple that with background checks, making weapons that do severe damage the fastest (i.e. fully automatic, et al.) illegal and thats about the best we can do.

Crazy people doing crazy shat is always going to happen, the only thing we the people can do is use common sense to mitigate the risk. Hell if you banned all guns some freak would just set a school bus on fire or something. Banning all guns is stupid and will never fly in America. That doesn't mean we can't be responsible and smart about guns in this country though. If there was ever a middle ground on a polarrizing issue this is the one that makes the most sense.

The fringes on this issue get on my nerves more than any other. No you can't own your focking machine gun and no we are not going ban all guns either, this is Merica dammit. The fringes suck on this topic.

he had to type it twice.

Jesus, let it go already.

Focking Jesus Jumper.

There, that time I did it twice.

:thumbsup:

Jesus, let it go already.

Focking Jesus Jumper.

There, that time I did it twice.

:thumbsup:

:wave:

This is pretty much what I'm talking about right here:

http://rare.us/story/cliven-bundy-fought-the-law-and-he-won/

Cattle rancher in Nevada fights the feds for grazing rights. Been doing it 20 years.... feds bring in a ton of guys to start rounding up this dudes cattle. Rural people from across the nation start getting pissed and showing up to support him, to include ~~ARMED MILITIA~~.

The BLM decides yesterday someones going to get hurt and calls it off, releasing the the 400/900 cattle of the guys they had already rounded up.

Telling you boys.... this is the sh!t that starts it. There's a huge rural v. urban, rural v. ERABODY thing going on out there right now.

Cattle rancher in Nevada fights the feds for grazing rights. Been doing it 20 years.... feds bring in a ton of guys to start rounding up this dudes cattle. Rural people from across the nation start getting pissed and showing up to support him, to include ~~ARMED MILITIA~~.

The BLM decides yesterday someones going to get hurt and calls it off, releasing the the 400/900 cattle of the guys they had already rounded up.

Telling you boys.... this is the sh!t that starts it. There's a huge rural v. urban, rural v. ERABODY thing going on out there right now.

I've followed that story a little bit. It would be great if some of the major "news" outlets covered this ...Harry Reid, Chinese Company Behind Nevada Ranch Standoff. I have zero trust in most of the federal government and the media.

The reality is our government is way out of control. Too much influence over the lives of the citizens. Unfortunately, the masses will just keep pulling levers for the same guys over and over again. I don't see a civil war type of action reoccurring. But I can see more things like this happening and maybe some skirmish type stuff. Inevitably, someone will take a shot at one of these government organizations. You'll probably here more and more talk of secession from certain stats (i.e. Jefferson from Cali or Northern Colorado)

Please. The south would spank the north now.

No way. Y'all would have some early victories as your tenacity would like catch us northerners off guard. But as soon as we put our minds to it, boom, you're done.

No way. Y'all would have some early victories as your tenacity would like catch us northerners off guard. But as soon as we put our minds to it, boom, you're done.

Nah. Last time, it was only population advantage and industrial capacity that let you outlast us. Both have narrowed considerably. Plus, the south has more active military personnel, and a lot of the bases and hardware.

Nah. Last time, it was only population advantage and industrial capacity that let you outlast us. Both have narrowed considerably. Plus, the south has more active military personnel, and a lot of the bases and hardware.

But you're dumber and fatter :dunno:

You forget about the north's massive advantage in money and intelligence, not to mention having god on their side. It would be like Maximus' army vs the toothless barbarian hordes in Gladiator.

if the south winds you guys have to promise to take all the Negroes back. Except the football players.

Another vote for the south here. It's not a racial issue...it's a "we've got guns, we hunt, we no how to live off the land" issue.

If the South ever invaded the north, the north would just wait for a winter storm to go on the offensive and wipe em out. We all saw what happened when Atlanta got a half an inch of snow. And the gun owners in the cities are used to shooting people. That's a little different than shooting a squirrel for dinner.

If the South ever invaded the north, the north would just wait for a winter storm to go on the offensive and wipe em out. We all saw what happened when Atlanta got a half an inch of snow. And the gun owners in the cities are used to shooting people. That's a little different than shooting a squirrel for dinner.

I don't see the south invading the north. It would be more the south telling the north to go fock itself. On the other hand, the north could not sit idly by and let the south mind it's own focking business. They would feel the need to invade the south so they could show the south what's good for them. The problem is, while the north would be condemning the south and crying for its destruction, nobody would want to do the heavy lifting themselves. They would demand somebody else do it for them. Unfortunately for the north, all the do-ers would be in the south. Also, it takes infinitely more skill to shoot a squirrel for dinner than it does to fire indiscriminately into a crowd of people. If we're talking shooting skills, my money is on the south.

All the media types in New York have to do is put Nascar and Wrestling on every channel and most Southern folk would be completely incapacitated. Easiest military victory ever.

.22 ammo is tough to get . I have a few guns and was wanting to teach my son to shoot and it took a while to find .22 ammo. Not sure why that is though. 9mm is everywhere though

If it was strictly a ground war, the south would destroy the north, but when you think of the modern battlefield with ICBMs and aircraft, it would probably just be a stalemate

Now this rancher would be a great leader for your modern civil war. He still has not accepted the result of the 1st one. His quote:

I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro ... because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do? he asked. They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And Ive often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didnt get no more freedom. They got less freedom.