Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Gordon to be suspended 1 year?

Gordon is a dumbass for sure and has only himself to blame if he gets suspended...but honestly, why the hell are they testing for marijuana? It sure as hell isn't performance enhancing. And it's now legal in a few states, and in many other states simple possession hardly gets you in trouble at all. I just don't see how it's a big deal to the NFL

Gordon is a dumbass for sure and has only himself to blame if he gets suspended...but honestly, why the hell are they testing for marijuana? It sure as hell isn't performance enhancing. And it's now legal in a few states, and in many other states simple possession hardly gets you in trouble at all. I just don't see how it's a big deal to the NFL

Rightly or wrongly, it's still against federal law.

Also:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1875478-breaking-down-how-the-nfl-substance-abuse-policy-works

The "Substances of Abuse" document also covers alcohol. While it is certainly OK for men past 21 to imbibe whatever alcoholic beverages they choose, the policy maintains procedures for players who have abused the substance in the past. It provides avenues for treatment and counseling, and mandates sobriety for said players. It is one of the many areas where a player who wants to be in the NFL must live under a policy some other "normal" people might not have because he's playing for a multibillion dollar company.

• Like 1

:shocking: . Everyone knew the red flags associated with Gordon... if he's suspended for the season this is obviously a huge blow to the Browns offense.

WOW , just WOW. Was supposed to be my keeper but my league decided against keepers and i was taking him with my first pick as long as it was not pick 1 or 2. What a bummer. He was just on ESPN 2 hours ago talking about Manziel. Again wow. Him and Blackmon are 2 of my favorite WR's (I had both last year).

I'm hearing the Browns may have known about this situation for a couple weeks. There were rumblings that Cleveland was interested in drafting Brandin Cooks last night, which makes some sense. Picking up that No. 1 pick in 2015 from Buffalo last night was huge.

Suspending a player for a year for smoking weed is stupid. Should be ike a 25K fine and thats it. DUI,Hard drugs,PED's yes then it is called for -- weed - come on man

Who's the bigger dumbass, Gordon or Blackmon?

Blackmon for sure. I get the impression he is deeply troubled whereas Gordon is just not very committed

Still cant believe it. Hes the 2nd best WR in the NFl and would probally challenge Megatron for #1 this year. Stinks not having him in the NFL for a year (If he gets a year)

WOW , just WOW. Was supposed to be my keeper but my league decided against keepers and i was taking him with my first pick as long as it was not pick 1 or 2. What a bummer. He was just on ESPN 2 hours ago talking about Manziel. Again wow. Him and Blackmon are 2 of my favorite WR's (I had both last year).

I had both, and it is a keeper league. :wall:

Well shall see if this is true, if it is, Gordon is a mega-moron!

Yes it is just weed, but it is the rule of the league. He is getting payed millions to be a football player. It is a limited career length. Put the weed down for a few years and get paid. When you are done, smoke it like it is going out of style. He obviously doesn't care that much about playing the sport, or the millions.

Let me first say, that I do not smoke at all. With that said, there will be a time when the use of marihuana will become legal in the United States. It already is, kind of. As this becomes the case from state to state, it is interesting how the Leagie regulates this. Obviously this becomes a League rule, but quite a sticky situation if a player in Cali can smoke while a player in Miami could face legal/league consequences.

Nate Burleson broke his arm during minicamps. Manziel's going to be throwing to Cameron and... um... uh...

Little is still there, isn't he?

The Browns could fock up a wet dream.

• Like 1

If the Browns brain trust knew Gordon could potentially be suspended for an unknown amount of games and Burleson is out with a broken arm and is unreliable. How do you not draft an ultimate weapon in Watkins at pick 4 ? Maybe they were trying to get greedy and get that 1st round pick next year from Buffalo and move to 9 and draft Mike Evans. But Tampa ruined that plan.

I'm not a Browns fan but these skill players would have been dangerous even if it's in 2015.

Johnny Manziel

Ben Tate

Josh Gordon

Sam Watkins

Jordan Cameron

Not bad !

• Like 1

:doh:

He might as well just throw it into the ground. If he hits him in the hands it'll be incomplete anyways.

:lol:

Hopefully, he can bargain down and only get 8 games instead of a season, which is absurd.

Otherwise, he'd be good in a fantasy fishing league, since him and Blackmon will have a lot of time between August and October to be on the water.

I have Gordon in both of my keeper leagues and was going to keep him. Had Justin Blackmon in one league too. Can't believe Blackmon's likely out for 2014 too. What a joke. Fock off Goodell.

I just don't see how it's a big deal to the NFL

I don't see how its a big deal at a place like Sears, Home Depot, or many other jobs either. But it is a condition of employment, thus Gordon violated it. He's a focking moron.

I have Gordon in both of my keeper leagues and was going to keep him. Had Justin Blackmon in one league too. Can't believe Blackmon's likely out for 2014 too. What a joke. Fock off Goodell.

Two tremendous wastes of talent.

You would think after dragging his sack across the rest of the league this season Gordon would get his head on straight. With Hoyer back and Manziel in town the arrow was pointing straight up. Such a shame.

• Like 1

I don't see how its a big deal at a place like Sears, Home Depot, or many other jobs either. But it is a condition of employment, thus Gordon violated it. He's a focking moron.

Yes I know, that's why the first sentence of my post acknowledged that Gordon has no one but himself to blame :thumbsup:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/16/browns-release-greg-little/

The Browns brought in a pair of veteran receivers this week, but they’re reportedly closing it out by cutting a different one.

PFT has learned that the Browns are parting ways with Greg Little. The move leaves the newly signed Miles Austin and Earl Bennett to go with Andrew Hawkins, Nate Burleson and Travis Benjamin at wideout with Josh Gordon facing a suspension.

2 of your favorite WRs are 2 of the biggest dumbasses in the entire league. :doh:

• Like 1

Did Goodell put a gun to his head to tell him to smoke it?

• Like 1

Did Goodell put a gun to his head to tell him to smoke it?

Goodell is the reason the penalty is what it is. The sentence doesn't fit the crime. The NFL Players Association and the NFL seem to agree and a new less harsh penalty for marijuana use is on the way...

I heard Gordon did not fail a druf test, but missed one of his tests. According to the league, a missed drug test is considered a failed test. I don't know how much truth is behind this, but it might reduce his suspension if his other tests come back negative.

I heard Gordon did not fail a druf test, but missed one of his tests. According to the league, a missed drug test is considered a failed test. I don't know how much truth is behind this, but it might reduce his suspension if his other tests come back negative.

Just read the same thing. Drew Rosenhus said he didn't fail any tests, is probably true, why say it if you can easily be proven wrong.

Question is, would the league suspend him a full year for only missing a test?? Especially if Gordon came right back and passed the subsequent test, which I'm assuming he did. Why appeal otherwise.

I guess rotoworld is reporting that Gordon got pulled over for sppeding and his friend was in posession of weed. Although it was not Gordon's stash, can this kid get any dumber? He might want to try out for the Canadian league cause his NFL future is very dim.

I guess rotoworld is reporting that Gordon got pulled over for sppeding and his friend was in posession of weed. Although it was not Gordon's stash, can this kid get any dumber? He might want to try out for the Canadian league cause his NFL future is very dim.

I had some hope for him but that story pretty much seals it. The kid is like many other talented players that couldn't make the right choices. I'd say their is a very high likely hood that his skips or drops a dirty UA or has some other run in during the next 12 months. If the league isn't very interested in allowing Blackmon back I'd say Gordon has less of a shot.

I had some hope for him but that story pretty much seals it. The kid is like many other talented players that couldn't make the right choices. I'd say their is a very high likely hood that his skips or drops a dirty UA or has some other run in during the next 12 months. If the league isn't very interested in allowing Blackmon back I'd say Gordon has less of a shot.

well, i can easily see him being out of the league but from what i've read, Blackmon isn't making an effort to be reinstated. not doing the necessary steps and what not. So I don't think its a question of the league refusing to let him back in

I believe this is Gordon's 3rd violation of the league's susbstance abuse policy and correct me if I'm wrong, 3 strikes and you are done for at least 1 year pending reinstatement. What is higher, Gordon's age or his IQ?

Let me first say, that I do not smoke at all. With that said, there will be a time when the use of marihuana will become legal in the United States. It already is, kind of. As this becomes the case from state to state, it is interesting how the Leagie regulates this. Obviously this becomes a League rule, but quite a sticky situation if a player in Cali can smoke while a player in Miami could face legal/league consequences.

What people need to be aware of, is there are a lot of drugs that are forbidden if you play professional sports, but that you and I can pick up with very little difficulty at the pharmacy.

the bottom line is the NFL laid out some rules, and has stated that certain substances are not to be consumed.

That is one of the rules you need to live by if you want to play in the NFL. Yes it may suck but it is a small price to pay for the millions of dollars you can make over the course of a career.

whether it is legal in some states or not is irrelevant. the NFL is a national league meaning the rules apply equally across the country. so if 3 states allow weed and the rest do not, that doesnt make it ok for players in those 3 states to indulge. the rules are to apply equally across the league.

that being said, he was clearly not disciplined enough to live by the rules laid out for him. As such he will be suspended (as he should be).

I had him in one of my keeper leagues too, and its a shame but the bottom line is that he is an idiot. All he had to do was quit the green for about 5-7 years and he then could have lived in comfort and smoked it everyday if he so chooses. but instead, will likely not have that opportunity.

• Like 1

John McClain Houston sports writer was on the radio not long ago and told his version of the Taco Bell story. That while at Baylor Willie Jefferson and Gordon fell asleep in the Taco Bell drive threw. When the police showed up and opened the doors it was like something out of a Cheech and Chong movie.