Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

G.M. Recalls 2.7 Million Vehicles, Bringing Its Total for Year to 11.2 Million

It seems that no car, truck or sport utility vehicle in General Motors vast product lineup is immune to the automakers blitz of safety recalls.

The company on Thursday announced its latest round, for 2.7 million vehicles, bringing to nearly 11.2 million the number of vehicles recalled this year by G.M. in the United States and 12.8 million worldwide. Last year, it recalled almost 758,000 in the United States.

What started in February with the long-delayed recall of millions of older-model small cars for defective ignition switches has snowballed into a series of repairs affecting some of G.M.s most popular products.

Ever since the switch crisis, G.M. has decided that they are going to recall everything with a problem as fast as they can, said Joseph Phillippi, president of the consulting firm Auto Trends.

Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Crossovers; G.M. Recalls 9,000 SedansMAY 9, 2014

Hurt by Vehicle Recalls, G.M.s Profit Falls 85%APRIL 24, 2014

Sending Alerts Instead, G.M. Delayed Car RecallsAPRIL 19, 2014

2 Executives Leave G.M. After Wide-Ranging RecallAPRIL 14, 2014

Times Topic: General Motors

Thursdays round covers five separate safety issues and includes some of G.M.s top-selling models, like the Chevrolet Malibu midsize sedan and the companys full-size pickups.

Millions of cars have taillights that could malfunction, and 477 trucks and big sport utility vehicles could suddenly lose steering because parts were not tightened properly. The steering issue is so dangerous that G.M. has advised owners not to operate the vehicles until they have been repaired.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/automobiles/gm-recalls-another-2-7-million-vehicles.html?_r=0

Were all of these vehicles made after the bailout? If so it makes you think that either they cut some corners or had incompetent leadership.

Also though they point out that they are erring on the side of safety, which is a good thing.

Were all of these vehicles made after the bailout? If so it makes you think that either they cut some corners or had incompetent leadership.

Also though they point out that they are erring on the side of safety, which is a good thing.

Some of the recalls go back to vehicles made as early as 2004.

They are erring on the side of safety because they got busted for covering up problems in the past. Those cover ups happened before and after the bailout.

The U.S. government is fining General Motors $35 million for delays in recalling small cars with faulty ignition switches.

The government also says Friday that GM will report safety issues faster in the future.

The fine is the maximum allowed by law. But it's only a fraction of the $3.8 billion GM made last year.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has been investigating GM's delayed recall of older small cars with defective ignition switches. GM has acknowledged knowing about the problem for at least a decade, but it didn't recall the cars until this year. The company says at least 13 people have died in crashes linked to the problem.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/16/government-fines-gm-maximum-35m-in-safety-case/?intcmp=latestnews

Bailouts :thumbsdown:

I knew there was an Obummer angle in there somewhere.

I knew there was an Obummer angle in there somewhere.

It might turn out to be a bigger angle than you think.

DETROIT (AP) — What do the words "safety," ''chaotic" and "problem" have in common?

They're all on General Motors' list of banned words for employees who were documenting potential safety issues.

The revelation of the 68-word list is one of the odder twists in GM's ongoing recall of 2.6 million older-model small cars for defective ignition switches.

On Friday, the U.S. government slapped GM with a $35 million fine for failing to report the deadly defect for more than a decade. The government also released a 2008 GM training document that includes the list and warns employees to stick to the facts and not use language that could hurt the company down the road.

The word "defect," for example, "can be regarded as a legal admission" and should be avoided, the company document says.

Adjectives like "bad," ''terrifying," ''dangerous," ''horrific" and "evil" are on the list. So are unflattering terms like "deathtrap," ''widow-maker" and "Hindenburg." Even seemingly benign words like "always" and "never" made it on the list.

From there, it veers into the extraordinary. "Kevorkianesque" — as in the late assisted-suicide activist Jack Kevorkian — and "Corvair-like" — a reference to the GM car once called "unsafe at any speed" by Ralph Nader — are on it; so is "apocalyptic," ''grisly" and "rolling sarcophagus." Phrases like "unbelievable engineering screw-up" and "potentially disfiguring" were also discouraged.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/05/16/gm-recall-investigation-reveals-banned-words/9204611/

"Kevorkianesque"

I'll admit, I chuckled at that one.

Dang, they have some creative writers for engineers. :unsure:

It might turn out to be a bigger angle than you think.

ROFL

I was just about to make fun of phurfur being a predictable hack troll. But it's more enjoyable to make fun of morons who follow the lead of old bitter retards.

ROFL

I was just about to make fun of phurfur being a predictable hack troll. But it's more enjoyable to make fun of morons who follow the lead of old bitter retards.

So the guy who claims to never post on the weekend is posting on the weekend lol

So the guy who claims to never post on the weekend is posting on the weekend lol

I'll give you a million dollars if you can show where I said I 'never post on weekends'. Dumbass. :doh:

I think what he actually said was only losers post on the weekend.

HTH

I'll give you a million dollars if you can show where I said I 'never post on weekends'. Dumbass. :doh:

More semantics from the bored slacker. Ok so you're now a loser on the weekends too lol

I think what he actually said was only losers post on the weekend.

HTH

Which infers that he never posts on weekends. what a dumb FOCK! lol

I'll give you a million dollars :

Says the loser who can't even put his daughter through college!

More semantics from the bored slacker. Ok so you're now a loser on the weekends too lol

Haven't found it, huh? lolol Once again, the board retard is caught talking out of his ass. :doh:

Shouldn't you be on some Seahawks messageboard talking about how you'd give anything to deep throat Richard Sherman?

Haven't found it, huh? lolol Once again, the board retard is caught talking out of his ass. :doh:

Shouldn't you be on some Seahawks messageboard talking about how you'd give anything to deep throat Richard Sherman?

Inference-- look it up slacker!

Inference-- look it up slacker!

Should be a comma after the word 'up'. Should have stayed in school, retard.

Should be a comma after the word 'up'. Should have stayed in school, retard.

Must suck to be a weekend loser now too! A 7 day a week loser! But we all knew that.

It actually implies that he never posts on the weekend. You inferred it. HTH

It actually implies that he never posts on the weekend. You inferred it. HTH

Faghawker is the dumbest fock on this board. And it isn't even close. It's a wonder he can perform day to day activities. Don't confuse him with big words and things he has no chance at ever understanding.

What it does is prove Newbie thinks Newbie is a loser.

Finally, something we can all agree with. :thumbsup:

What it does is prove Newbie thinks Newbie is a loser.

Finally, something we can all agree with. :thumbsup:

I'll straighten you out, since you seem to want to give Faghawker a run for his money as the dumbest fock around here....

If you spend a good part of your Saturday and Sunday being a political troll on a low rent messageboard, you are quite likely a huge loser (see Google Pilot and Phurfur)

If you post one or two times on the weekend, you are most likely taking a and using your smart phone to pass the time.

Hope this helps. :music_guitarred:

If you use more than 2 paragraphs in an attempt to defend yourself, you might be a loset.

You've definitely said something to that effect several times.

If you use more than 2 paragraphs in an attempt to defend yourself, you might be a loset.

I am not a loset

If you post one or two times on the weekend, you are most likely taking a ###### and using your smart phone to pass the time.

Damn skippy

Keep reading. Clarity is just a few posts a way. :thumbsup:

I had only been her about 3-4 weeks when Newbie said I was a loser with no life because I spent my weekends on this bored. I had not made a single post during the weekend for the previous two weekends, and have no idea if I made any in the weekend prior to that.

So yeah, he has made the claim since I arrived so I'm sure he has made it in the past as well.

He seems to think it is his prerogative to tell people when and how much they can post, and if he doesn't think you are doing it right he thinks you are a loser. Of course, I have noticed he only applies this to people who disagree with him politically. This goes hand in hand with his admission he deliberately tries to derail political threads he doesn't like.

I had only been her about 3-4 weeks when Newbie said I was a loser with no life because I spent my weekends on this bored. I had not made a single post during the weekend for the previous two weekends, and have no idea if I made any in the weekend prior to that.

So yeah, he has made the claim since I arrived so I'm sure he has made it in the past as well.

He seems to think it is his prerogative to tell people when and how much they can post, and if he doesn't think you are doing it right he thinks you are a loser. Of course, I have noticed he only applies this to people who disagree with him politically. This goes hand in hand with his admission he deliberately tries to derail political threads he doesn't like.

I said you were a no-life loser when you'd post all weekend long as Recliner Pilot, too. I'm consistent. It's one thing if you're watching a football game and want to chat with other people watching the game. But to spend your free time on your computer, continuing to do the rightie hack shtick, is nothing short of being a waste of life loser. Sorry that upsets you to hear. If someone slapped me with the reality that my life is pathetic, I'd probably be upset, too. :( :wave:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Had to go the alias route?

What's wrong kid, couldn't find any semantics in my post?

I just threw that in so that you don't think you're fooling anyone with your "I had only been here 3 or 4 weeks" nonsense. Disregard it if it gets your panties in a knot. The important stuff come after that, Weekend Poster Boy. :clap:

I'll straighten you out, since you seem to want to give Faghawker a run for his money as the dumbest fock around here....

If you spend a good part of your Saturday and Sunday being a political troll on a low rent messageboard, you are quite likely a huge loser (see Google Pilot and Phurfur)

If you post one or two times on the weekend, you are most likely taking a ###### and using your smart phone to pass the time.

Hope this helps. :music_guitarred:

Nice spin focktard! What a hypocritical lying sack of shite you are. You know damn well what you meant but now you're spinning like a top because you are getting your arse handed to you! lol love how you redefine a loser when you realize you focked up! Now take your little geek picture threads, your little music threads, shove them up your arse and go lock yourself away at the closet.

Nice spin focktard! What a hypocritical lying sack of shite you are. You know damn well what you meant but now you're spinning like a top because you are getting your arse handed to you! lol love how you redefine a loser when you realize you focked up! Now take your little geek picture threads, your little music threads, shove them up your arse and go lock yourself away at the closet.

As I said in my initial response to you, go find a link to me saying that I never post on weekends or that anyone who ever makes one post during the weekend is a loser. A million bucks in it for you, Cumguzzler. You can tell your boss at Ihop to go fock himself. Go prove I "redefined" something.

Now go! Fetch!!

:banana: :clap: :first: