Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

Chicago schools remove 'incendiary' immigration query, deny Sheriff Joe link

A Chicago Public Schools test question that had seventh-graders read anti-immigration commentary by a fictitious Bush administration official and conservative writer whose name sounds like controversial Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio has been scrubbed from the curriculum and officials say the whole thing was a misunderstanding.

The nations third-largest school district pulled the question from its online database earlier this month after a total of 32 seventh-graders from two classes took the REACH Performance tests, which are administered to measure student growth and teacher effectiveness. This particular version of the exam asked students to compare the authority of differing opinions on immigration, including one written by "Arie Payo."

I think its best to keep America for Americans and those who know how to speak English properly, it reads. Save America for those of us who know how to behave in law-abiding ways.

Undocumented immigrants, according to the text, should go back to where they came from, continues the text by Payo, who is identified as a former aide to President Bushs Immigration Taskforce and a contributor to the nonexistent Conservative Journal.

CPS spokesman Joel Hood confirmed to FoxNews.com Wednesday that the question had already been scrubbed from its database and insisted the Arie Payo character was not created with Arpaio in mind, despite being near-homonyms.

The author of this blog post is completely fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental, Hood wrote in an email.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/29/chicago-education-officials-remove-incendiary-immigration-question/

I hear Chicago is the best city to get a reach-around in. ;)

When did you move there?

:smooches:

I was a fan of both incarnations of Chicago. I love the early stuff...Beginnings, Call on Me, 25 or 6 to 4, Questions 67 & 68.... But I also liked a lot from the sappy Cetera era. Love Me Tomorrow, Stay the Night, Look Away.

If I had to pick, I'd take the early classic rock stuff, but I can still put on the later stuff and be content. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Stay the Night may very well be one of the gayest songs that I love.

I'm downloading that focker right now!

:angry:

I was a fan of both incarnations of Chicago. I love the early stuff...Beginnings, Call on Me, 25 or 6 to 4, Questions 67 & 68.... But I also liked a lot from the sappy Cetera era. Love Me Tomorrow, Stay the Night, Look Away.

If I had to pick, I'd take the early classic rock stuff, but I can still put on the later stuff and be content. :thumbsup:

That is how I feel about the group. I wish I could have seen Terry Kath. I am just amazed by his solo on 25 or 6 to 4.

I got to see a more modern version of Chicago when they played at the Irvine amphitheater with Los Lobos and Joe Cocker.

Stay the Night may very well be one of the gayest songs that I love.

I'm downloading that focker right now!

:angry:

I don't want you to misunderstand me

I just want to say what's on my mind

No need to hit me with an attitude

Because I haven't got the time

So Worms got the job?

So Worms got the job?

This has something that has never happened in my whole life! I have actually reached my limit "likes".

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" :wave:

Don't worry, buddy, I will be back tomorrow with a vengeance! :music_guitarred:

Also fock weather he got the job or not. My guess is that he doesn't know.

That is how I feel about the group. I wish I could have seen Terry Kath. I am just amazed by his solo on 25 or 6 to 4.

That solo is a lot of fun to play. What an instinctive guitarist he was with a great sense of melody.

That solo is a lot of fun to play. What an instinctive guitarist he was with a great sense of melody.

I read somewhere a long time ago that Jimmy Hendrix said that Kath was the best guitarist he'd ever seen.

I read somewhere a long time ago that Jimmy Hendrix said that Kath was the best guitarist he'd ever seen.

Hendrix was always very generous in his compliments of other guitarists.

This has something that has never happened in my whole life! I have actually reached my limit "likes".

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" :wave:

Don't worry, buddy, I will be back tomorrow with a vengeance! :music_guitarred:

Also fock weather he got the job or not. My guess is that he doesn't know.

:cheers:

Chicago's Ohare airport is really nice. They have a giant treadmill that extends the length of the airport, so you don't have to use your legs to walk. I always walk the opposite way of belt, to get some exercise.

Chicago's Ohare airport is really nice. They have a giant treadmill that extends the length of the airport, so you don't have to use your legs to walk. I always walk the opposite way of belt, to get some exercise.

Or walk with the treadmill and feel like The Flash.

I got to see a more modern version of Chicago when they played at the Irvine amphitheater with Los Lobos and Joe Cocker.

I always found Chicago overrated. Was never a big fan. Just okay.