Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

‘Dating Lesson’ Asks Eighth-Grade Girls To Publicly Declare How Far They Will Go Sexually

At least one pair of parents is fuming after their eighth-grade daughter came home from school saying that every student in her class had to indicate publicly how far they are prepared to go sexually.

The incident happened this week at Woodland Park Middle School in the San Diego, Calif. suburb of San Marcos, reports local ABC affiliate KGTV.

The parents, who dont want to be named, say their 14-year-old daughter was embarrassed because the teacher in her family life and health class instructed her and all of her classmates to stand under one of several signs. Each sign was labeled with a different phrase.

Some of the labeled signs were innocuous, according to KGTV. These included smiled at, hugged and kissed.

Other signs, such as above the waist, below the waist and all the way, were to varying degrees considerably less innocuous.

To put them up in front of their friends to be humiliated or to be asked questions that I believe are personal, its really none of the schools business, one of the peeved parents told the ABC station.

The parent added that her daughter felt confused and peer-pressured afterward.

Officials at the taxpayer-funded school defended the exercise, calling it a dating lesson.

The parents sign permission slips for the class and can look at the curriculum prior, the Woodland Park Middle School told KGTV. The purpose of the lesson was to open the lines of communication between parents and students about dating expectations.

Its not clear how standing under signs labeled above the waist or all the way while at school would open up lines of communication between eighth graders and their parents.

The principal added that the school found the lesson at a community clinic and has used it for several years now.

http://news.yahoo.com/dating-lesson-asks-eighth-grade-girls-publicly-declare-172004304.html?pt=tAD1SCT8P7/

Unless there's something else to the story, I don't see what the problem is.

Do the boys get to find out which girls stood under the slut signs?

Do the boys get to find out which girls stood under the slut signs?

Was just thinking...I wish they had this when I was in junior high.

Would have been awkward standing in front of the class with a huge boner seeing the chicks line up.

Unless there's something else to the story, I don't see what the problem is.

The parents are upset cause she asked the teacher "Where's the 'I don't swallow' sign?"

"Every student in the class" but the article and the caption just focus on eighth grade girls. Is the particular class gender segregated... so many questions.

Creepy exercise.

"Every student in the class" but the article and the caption just focus on eighth grade girls...and it sounds like a public school :dunno: Is the particular class gender segregated... so many questions.

Creepy exercise.

You'd be under the nothing sign.

You'd be under the nothing sign.

...telling the teacher where s/he can put his/her signs.

Comment on the yahoo article:

As a sex educator i know the curriculum they are talking about and the students and parents my not understand what the exercise is really about or the teach is using it incorrectly. THe exercise asks as a student what do you feel your parents believe is exceptalbe behavior and the students go stand there, and then you ask what do you believe is exceptable behavior, then the students go stand there. Afterwards as a class we try and see why the perspectives are different between student and parent. Then we talk about ways to start a open conversation with parents about what they beleive is exceptable and what students believe is exceptable. Its not asking how far will you go its asking what you believe is exceptable in a relationship for teens their age vs parents.

Totally weird but I guess indicative of how statist we're becoming. Let the parents worry about the lines of communication with their kids.

Also nice for this teacher to be clarifying how it's all about opening dialog about "exceptable behavior" :doh:

...telling the teacher where s/he can put his/her signs.

Wrong hole! :mad:

Did they have the cross country skier sign?

A better one would let the guys put the signs on the girls. Put Nikki under the it's last call sign

Don't want to risk a lengthy prison sentence hitting on the prudes.

Is Fox news the "See how focked up our schools are" channel now?

:lol: we found us an illiterate Moron! Good for you Frank!

:lol: we found us an illiterate Moron! Good for you Frank!

This post tells me you don't understand the definition of illiterate.

Not surprising.

Except for the fact that it's yahoo news.

D@mn.

this could have been done more discretely on the baseball field.