Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Dan...

Wanted to tell you before I forgot that I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up last week. We came through Portland Saturday afternoon about 4:00, but I figured you were pretty busy based on the schedule that you shared with me, so I didn't bother you.

You live in a beautiful state and we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. If you ever come to Oklahoma (you never know), be sure to let me know. We might even get Remote to come over and we could hang out a bit.

Nobody goes to Oklahoma voluntarily :P

Nobody goes to Oklahoma voluntarily :P

That's too bad. The people are great and the pace is exactly the way I like it. ;)

That's too bad. The people are great and the pace is exactly the way I like it. ;)

:music_guitarred:

Wanted to tell you before I forgot that I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up last week. We came through Portland Saturday afternoon about 4:00, but I figured you were pretty busy based on the schedule that you shared with me, so I didn't bother you.

You live in a beautiful state and we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. If you ever come to Oklahoma (you never know), be sure to let me know. We might even get Remote to come over and we could hang out a bit.

Here's the kicker. Between 4:00 and 6:00, we had our biggest break, and we went to dinner - my oldest son and his family and my youngest son. We could have easily diverted you into Westbrook (5 minute detour). Bummer. We were that close. Sorry we couldn't pull it off.

Maine is amazing. Oklahoma is a nice visit - my brother-in-law and his family live there, so there's a chance I'll be there eventually - but I don't know that I would live there permanently. Too flat. o.O

That is a bummer. My wife was in a hurry to get to Wells, though. We found an ice cream place there that she fell in love with. Might have had a hard time getting her to let me stop. :lol:

:lol: Well, Westbrook can't compete with ice cream. And Wells is a pretty great spot to stop and enjoy it. We honeymooned down there - in Wells Beach, actually.

They have an ice cream place called the "Scoop Deck" that serves very large quantities of ice cream. It was pretty conflicting for a diabetic like myself.