Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Seven-Nine Commentary**

Missed out on Witten by one pick! On retrospective, I should have taken Witten in the 6th and waited on my WR until the 7th. Now I know better.

Reed may be a tad early, but he wouldn't have lasted until my next pick at the end of 8.

Swinging for the fences.

I like RG3 over Newton because Newton's lack of weaponry vs RG3's Garcon/Jackson/Reed.

Wallace is another high reward pick. He was a borderline WR2 last year in his first year with the Dolphins, now he's got a year of experience with his QB, with an OC that's looking to get him more involved, including out of the backfield.

I liked the Witten pick, and if I hadn't gone Cameron in the last turn, he would have been my pick.

@Fumble - Any more texts from Dan?

I am in contact with him. He is dealing with a flat tire at the moment. He did ask if Bam Morris was still available...

He did ask if Bam Morris was still available...

I think we can make this happen :doublethumbsup:

I think we can make this happen :doublethumbsup:

Rae Caruth is still available also.

Sorry for the holdup, guys. Trying to get details taken care of for my company vehicle, and then blew a tire on the way home. Ah, the joy. Debated between two here; I know the other won't make it back it to me, but I went with the better upside again. :)

Terrance Williams is a sneaky good pick Dan. I also feel like Wallace will be much better this year. He got the targets, and he was open. The Qb just couldn't get him the ball. that has to improve.

Rg3 and Newton are a great crapshoot. I love them both. Cam has proven effectiveness for longer with next to nothing, and RG3 does have added weapons and a better run game. Then are gonna fall like this a lot this year.

I reached, admittedly, but I anticipate a run at the position and the golden rule is always be at the start of one, not the end.

I suspect Pitta is going to be a focal point in the Baltimore offense, so long as he avoids injury.

Rae Caruth is still available also.

Someone needs to lock him in for sure. :wave:

Ray selects another Raven. I find this development shocking... :shocking:

Ray selects another Raven. I find this development shocking... :shocking:

:mellow:

Newton's lack of weapons are definitely concerning, but I do feel like he has the talent to put up consistent numbers even with the lack ofa #1 (or #2) receiver. I actually had no interest drafting RG3. I have 2 other Qbs before him on the list. I had him last season and hated all his 0 TD games.

I guess I like my Witten pick more than most. Mainly because of value. I sense a small TE run coming up and I wanted to be the first guy to pick and I wanted the best one in that group.

So yeah I guess this is the correct thread to curse Dan for his selection :)... nice pick bro.

Also liked the cam pick he is great for a best ball format

7.07 - WR Sammy Watkins, Buf.

Need outweighed value in round 6 but couldn't pass him up again. I have a 5th round grade Watkins so very happy to grab him as my WR3 here.

Man, I was hoping Olsen would drop to me. Who else is Newton going to throw to? Nice pick, RC.

I liked Watkins but too many week 9 byes for me.

I have rudolph ahead of olsen pitta and Witten on upside in norv turner offense. Did not want to take him this round but the little tight end run unfortunately dictates I do so especially with a few teams not having tight ends getting two picks before I go again.

I have rudolph ahead of olsen pitta and Witten on upside in norv turner offense. Did not want to take him this round but the little tight end run unfortunately dictates I do so especially with a few teams not having tight ends getting two picks before I go again.

I have Rudolph and Pitta even, a little ahead of my next TE Olsen in my rankings. And I like both Rudolph and Pitta better than their ADP.

I have Rudolph and Pitta even, a little ahead of my next TE Olsen in my rankings. And I like both Rudolph and Pitta better than their ADP.

In this standard format I actually like rudolph right after cameron. Over reed as well. I just think the value (not in this draft) is great with his TD potential

Man, I was hoping Olsen would drop to me. Who else is Newton going to throw to? Nice pick, RC.

He was never making it to you, Fumble. :nono:

ICEMAN

Fan of edelman in this league format. Dude can have a 2 catch game followed by a 7 catch 150 yard 2 TD game.

7.07 - WR Sammy Watkins, Buf.

Need outweighed value in round 6 but couldn't pass him up again. I have a 5th round grade Watkins so very happy to grab him as my WR3 here.

Well stated. I thought this was a bit early for the talented youngster, but he could end up being dynamite. Nice selection. Would have been nicer two rounds from now. :)

• Like 1

I have been burned by Rudolph twice. He was physically removed from my list so I couldn't even see him. I was looking at Witten, Reed and Olsen for my TE and was really disappointed I couldn't get Reed. When Witten fell on the corner I figured Reed was on some radars. I am very happy with olsen though. He was targeted 111 times last season and Carolina's leading receiver. He fits Cams eye just like RG3 took a liking to Reed. 820 yards and 6 td's with numbers improving each year with Cam.

In this standard format I actually like rudolph right after cameron. Over reed as well. I just think the value (not in this draft) is great with his TD potential

Have no idea what he has done for you to base this on other than maybe get a new QB???? Edited to say......I see his 9 TD year back in 2012. I drafted him last year heavily and he packed sand! I get ya now though.

Watkins was tempting and would have been a killer #4 wr but felt I had to fill a starting spot and felt the drop off was pretty big at this point in that position. I stand by my comment a few rounds back that Evans will lead all rookie receivers this year. That's not a slam on Watkins by any means. I wanted a shot at Evans right about here is what even brought that up.

Have no idea what he has done for you to base this on other than maybe get a new QB???? Edited to say......I see his 9 TD year back in 2012. I drafted him last year heavily and he packed sand! I get ya now though.

He got hurt last year but my reason for being high on him is norv turner. The fact he has put up good td numbers in the past is helpful too and new qb if he starts is a benefit. Look what cameron did after being unproven. I think turner is a tight end whisperer.

Now i admittedly reached but after olsen fell there was no way i wanted to risk Losing rudolph. He's more of a round 9 target though

• Like 1

He got hurt last year but my reason for being high on him is norv turner. The fact he has put up good td numbers in the past is helpful too and new qb if he starts is a benefit. Look what cameron did after being unproven. I think turner is a tight end whisperer.

Now i admittedly reached but after olsen fell there was no way i wanted to risk Losing rudolph. He's more of a round 9 target though

Thanks for the info!

Anybody have a list from Matt? He's usually sleeping during this time...

He did not send me a list for this swing

We may be in trouble then. It's 3:50 am right now where he lives.

Looks like we're doing some evening drafting, Gentlemen. I'll check back after 8:00PM EST.

ICEMAN

And, just like clock-work, here come Shovel's patented Bengal picks...

• Like 1