Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

++ June PPR: Rounds 7 - 8 Commentary ++

Love the Steve Jackson pick... Better oline now, healthy with healthy wr's

Me too. It angers me that I completely overlooked him. I have him above Pierre as the #23 Rb.. I feel it is a rebound year for that whole offense this year.

there are so many TE options I like right now. Reinforces why I never go TE early. I think i'd rather have taken a WR in round 3 maybe Allen, Fitz, Garcon and be looking at tight end right about now. :dunno:

Kinda curious about the two TEs taken here. If they are who you like, you have to take them. I think there will be a few TEs to go before the 8/9 turn. But I think there were a couple better options. We'll see.

Someone said - I won't out the poor soul - that he believed that the Jets were going to be dynamic this year offensively. I'll stop short of that, but I think the QB competition is going to be critical, and if it goes as I believe it will, ones like Decker are going to benefit the most. The run game will be solid, and there should be plenty of opportunity for play action passing. The general feeling is to drop Decker off a cliff, fantasy-wise. While 86/1200 are probably incredibly optimistic, the 25% dropoff across the board is equally pessimistic. I think that hoping for 73/1050/6 is reasonable and solidifies the #4 WR position quite nicely. :)

Just said the jets will be much more explosive than the past by QB play alone, which ever way they go. If ivory can stay healthy along with CJ and Decker. How could it not

eh. Terrance Williams did some nice thing when that former #2 in dallas was off the field. Hope he improves on his rookie year. If he does, he should make for a nice WR3 considering the early TE pick.

Brown, Patterson, Williams is not my ideal trio. In an ideal situation or with the way I usually draft, Patterson would be a #3 and Williams a #4. But I suppose to be fair I have to include Julius and look at the bigger picture of those guys as a quartet.

As a big time Jets fan, Decker will not come close to last years numbers but is a nice grab as a #4. Even a #3.

I hate Dog Killer but I personally think he should be the day 1 starter. To go a little more in depth as to why, I simply feel its the best way to handle the situation. Far better than starting off with the 2nd year guy, and then swapping them 4 or 5 weeks in if things are not going well. Messes with a young players psyche. The better scenario is starting out with the veteran under the pretense of allowing the young guy to watch and learn and then if things go south through the first half of the season, you can seamlessly transition to the "future". The worst case scenario would be some garbage where the young guy starts games and gets yanked during the game, after halftime, starts weeks 1-3 then rides the pine until week 11... no musical chairs, please.

Im not high on CJ0K but i'll be hoping for the best. Hoping he can produce in a manner similar to LT2 in his twilight with the Jets. the other guy has talent if he can stay on the field.

The real key to improvement in this offense starts with the line, which played well below expectations last season.

CJ was ninth best RB last year when he was disgruntled, now he has a chip on his shoulder with a mobile QB like he likes ...and he is going to drop off that much ????? That makes no sense

When I made my round 6 selection I had a small grouping at RB and WR that I was interested in

RB - Jackson, _________, _________

WR - T Smith, Colston, T. Williams, Wallace, __________, Decker

I figured I would have a better shot of getting one of my WRs than one of my RBs if i waited. Oddly, neither of the RBs were selected while 4 of the 6 WR's were grabbed.

CJ was ninth best RB last year when he was disgruntled, now he has a chip on his shoulder with a mobile QB like he likes ...and he is going to drop off that much ????? That makes no sense

Tennessee has the superior offensive line. CJ is also now another year older. Jets also have better secondary RB talent to siphon carries.

Not saying he drops off a cliff or anything. I'd be surprised if he rushes for more than 1k. Good RB3 though

• Like 1

Ten had better players on the oline but they had trouble gelling last year. Believe me a mobile QB for him will make a HUGE difference. You will see.

As a big time Jets fan, Decker will not come close to last years numbers but is a nice grab as a #4. Even a #3.

I hate Dog Killer but I personally think he should be the day 1 starter. To go a little more in depth as to why, I simply feel its the best way to handle the situation. Far better than starting off with the 2nd year guy, and then swapping them 4 or 5 weeks in if things are not going well. Messes with a young players psyche. The better scenario is starting out with the veteran under the pretense of allowing the young guy to watch and learn and then if things go south through the first half of the season, you can seamlessly transition to the "future". The worst case scenario would be some garbage where the young guy starts games and gets yanked during the game, after halftime, starts weeks 1-3 then rides the pine until week 11... no musical chairs, please.

Im not high on CJ0K but i'll be hoping for the best. Hoping he can produce in a manner similar to LT2 in his twilight with the Jets. the other guy has talent if he can stay on the field.

The real key to improvement in this offense starts with the line, which played well below expectations last season.

Also a Jets fan, they should start Vick, and hopefully get 8 good games before he gets hurt.

Ten had better players on the oline but they had trouble gelling last year. Believe me a mobile QB for him will make a HUGE difference. You will see.

the main Tenn QB is as mobile as either of the Jets options btw

Locker was out most the year

he played in 6 or 7 games. just saying. CJ actually showed better toward the end of the season if i remember correctly.

i would say the line likely had gelled a lot by then.

ill be hoping he does really well, obviously.

Ya I traded Ridley for CJ right before Ridley got benched and CJ took off last year... It was sweetness. CJ was a strong #2 in the back half of the season

i wonder what giants fans team would have looked like.....

This is certainly different.. You get a half a day or more to figure out who you want to pick... Instead of 5 min... Puts a different prospective on it. May help in the real drafts this year

i wonder what giants fans team would have looked like.....

Two things I'm pretty sure of:

It would be the uncontested best team drafted so far and he'd have Ka'Deem Carey at RB.

Oh, and each of these threads would be at least 9 pages long.

420 is always a little slow for some reason

Sorry boys, I am a single dad and usually have my hands pretty full from the time I leave work 5pm EST to 9EST and weekends... I'll try to keep on top of it..

• Like 1

Sorry boys, I am a single dad and usually have my hands pretty full from the time I leave work 5pm EST to 9EST and weekends... I'll try to keep on top of it..

No worries, man. And aces for doing what you have to do. Being a dad is your biggest job. Do it well; we'll wait. :)

• Like 1

There he is. They left you a gift, remote. Swap him with Jordan Reed, and it make more sense.

7.07 - Yes Dan, I was tracking Olsen since the last round and got just a bit nervous when Witten and Reed fell just around the corner. I love Olsen's role. Leading receiver, leading redzone target, possession receiver, and Mr. Clutch for Cam. His stats have improved every year with Newton and I see no reason why that shouldn't continue. His 111 targets led the team last season and were the only TE targets. I feel he can improve across the board this season with last years stat line reading 820 yards, on 73 receptions for 6 Td's. Being Cams first look, and his safety valve is key.

• Like 1

7.07 - Yes Dan, I was tracking Olsen since the last round and got just a bit nervous when Witten and Reed fell just around the corner. I love Olsen's role. Leading receiver, leading redzone target, possession receiver, and Mr. Clutch for Cam. His stats have improved every year with Newton and I see no reason why that shouldn't continue. His 111 targets led the team last season and were the only TE targets. I feel he can improve across the board this season with last years stat line reading 820 yards, on 73 receptions for 6 Td's. Being Cams first look, and his safety valve is key.

Great pick, he definitely has the highest floor of any TE on the board, and barring injury is a lock for good stats.

Great pick, he definitely has the highest floor of any TE on the board, and barring injury is a lock for good stats.

Great description......highest floor....I like that.

i think a number of people forgot orthought he was off the board.

ive been watching him for the last 2 rounds and even though im not a fan, would probably have had to take him in the 8th

taking a WR in round 3 and Davis with my last pick where I took Williams, would have been nice.

Yep, even with Gronk on board I watched Vernon falling and would have seriously considered taking him if available.