Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

My mother passed away yesterday

She's been on dialysis for the past two years. She despised it. She'd get horrible muscle cramps and anxiety during the process. She wanted to stop doing it a year ago, but me and my sister encouraged her to keep doing it. Dangling the carrot of her being alive to see my daughter graduate from high school. Finally, there weeks ago, she decided to stop treatments. She was fine for about two weeks, but started to become very confused last weekend. By Monday evening, she was sleeping the entire day. She went into hospice on Tuesday and died last night around dinner time. As her toxins built up and her lungs filled with fluid, her heart finally gave out. It was all very peaceful and her loved ones were by her side.

I just wanted to explain my absence so as not to start rumors of my demise or I was ran off the board by the soccer hatred. Peace to you all. Meeting with the funeral director this morning.

Sorry to hear this news. If I recall correctly, you recently travelled with her to see your Aunt in California. Rest assured you provided her joy and comfort throughout her life and were a great son to her.

Thoughts and prayers out to you and yours man.

Sincere condolences. We will all go someday, and we should all hope that "peaceful with loved ones by our side" describes our transition.

I hope you and you family are able to find moments of peace during the dificult days ahead.

Sorry to hear it...glad she went peacefully and seemingly under her terms with the family close by.

Oh man, very sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

She really took the USA loss to Belgium hard? :(

Condolences buddy.

My condolences Newbie, she was too young. My grandfather passed away the week before last; he had many health issues and decided against treatment too. It's rough, T&P to you and your family.

Condolences. As others have said, peacefully and with family is a good way to go. It's nice that you were able to take that trip to L.A. together recently too.

:hugs:

Sending some special cheer up thoughts your way.

So sorry to hear. My deepest sympathies and may she now rest in peace.

Sorry to hear man. When you are ready to come back to a thoughtful, caring place... come back here instead. :thumbsup:

Very sorry. my thoughts to you and your family.

Sorry to hear that, I couldn't imagine losing one of my parents :(

Thoughts your way man

She passed my way yesterday too, if you know what I mean. Sorry.

Seriously though, my condolences. I'm dreading the day when I have to confront a parent's death. Take care .

Deepest condolences from the TRF clan in Louisiana. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.