Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Alshon Jeffrey

How high is everyone on him this year? Marshall seems to still be Cutlers favorite target and they have a lot of chemistry together but I'm seeing Jeffrey extremely high in the rankings. Trying to get a feel on if I want to take him as early as he is projected to go or not.

He was extremely productive with Cutler and McCown. No reason to think he doesn't have another good year this year.

He will be very good, just maybe not quite as much with cutler instead of mckown. Not because of the qbs skill difference, but because of cutler locking onto bmarsh.

Thats my line of thinking too. Ive seen him ranked as high as 7th WR overall and just dont think he will produce THAT much.

How high is everyone on him this year? Marshall seems to still be Cutlers favorite target and they have a lot of chemistry together but I'm seeing Jeffrey extremely high in the rankings. Trying to get a feel on if I want to take him as early as he is projected to go or not.

I like him and i see him either as a low number 1 wr or a very high number 2 . So far i have been back and forth on him in those positions .

when i look at the jefferey situation, i tend to trend his expected #'s off of the marc trestman factor.

in the 80's, he was really good in cleveland w/ bernie kosar.

in the 90's, as the OC in SF, they led the league in pts.

in early 2000's, gannon was great and the raiders went to the SB.

in the CFL, his teams were consistently good as well.

so what happens in chicago last yr? w/ a journeymen QB part of the season they finish 5th in passing yds.

trestman is beyond legit as an offensive mind.

the trio of marshall, jefferey, and forte are going to catch a ton of passes again.

plenty of receptions to go around.

if it wasn't for chip kelly, trestman would have gotten more pub for his offensive exploits last yr.

i see jefferey coming in just about where did last yr, #6-9. great season again. what's not like there?

i could argue he hasn't hit his celing yet, but i wont.

the chicago passing game will be as safe as bet there is in FFthis yr.

After Calvin, AJG, Dez, DT, Julio, Marshall, Brown.. he is definitely in that next tier for me and I have him near the top of it based on the obvious upside. He and Cobb

After Calvin, AJG, Dez, DT, Julio, Marshall, Brown.. he is definitely in that next tier for me and I have him near the top of it based on the obvious upside. He and Cobb

I would agree with this and would rank them Calvin, DT, Dez, Julio, AJG, Marshall, Brown.

I like Brown slightly more than Jeffery because he is a target hog. After those my WRs would go Nelson, Cobb, Jeffery, and Cruz. I like the GB WRs slightly better because of QB play but Jeffery is in that group because he is the last of the WRs that I can see have more than one blow up game where he goes for 160+ yards and multiple TDs. There are a limited number of players in the league that have the talent and situation to do that.

Another interesting discussion is who is WR12? After Cobb, Nelson, and Jeffery I see a very big drop off.

DeSean will take targets away from Garcon I think. Still, both will have good seasons. I think Alshon is a good talent and will do well, I don't think he repeats what he did last year.

Garcon anybody? He should be a wr that could sneak into top5

garcon led the league in targets last yr.

that's not happening this yr, djax and a healthy jordan reed will stand in the way of a repeat.

With Marshall on the other side getting the other teams #1 cover guy AJ has been really good. If both him and Marshall stay healthy I can see Jeffery out scoring Marshall this year just becasue he will have more big play chances and I think Cutler has backed off his Bmarsh tunnel vision some. Low side 75 1000 7 ceiling 95 1400 14 I would expect a 85 - 1200 - 10 season from him

I dont like how people discount garcon. Alshon has bmarsh to compete with and cutler obviously favors Marshall. Garcon had a lot of targets but many were desperation throws, while the skins had no one else to count on. Now Desean will be taking attention away from Garcon which should lead to more quality targets.

Garcon was discounted last year and look what he did in ppr leagues. I capitalized nicely. This year its the same thing with probably the same result.

garcon led the league in targets last yr.

that's not happening this yr, djax and a healthy jordan reed will stand in the way of a repeat.

True, but a lot of those targets were garbage WR screens or other stupid routes. Djax and Reed may cut into his targets and catch total, but I see more yards and TDs this year. Quality over quantity. I'd take Garçon, Keenan, Jordy and Cruz over Jeffrey.

True, but a lot of those targets were garbage WR screens or other stupid routes. Djax and Reed may cut into his targets and catch total, but I see more yards and TDs this year. Quality over quantity. I'd take Garçon, Keenan, Jordy and Cruz over Jeffrey.

u could be right, milk.

zero chance id take garcon or cruz over jeffery though. keenan or jordy could plausably outperform him though.

I think he is ranked a bit too high right now. Cutler goes down (which he does more than I like as a Chicago Homer) and do we get a quality replacement? Not to sure on that yet,. Marshall also has alot of passive agressive comments with him. He is so great.. better than me but I need the ball more. Next thing you know the ball rotates to him more. Marshall is still a bit of a headcase though. I like him just not as much as everyone else. I see him as a WR2

I think Jordy and Cobb are the only two guys who I think deserve top spots, especially without James Jones out of the picture, their value increases this season. AJ was great last year, I just don't see it happening again with him. Cutler isn't an elite QB. Good? For sure, top 7 or 8? No chance.

I think he is ranked a bit too high right now. Cutler goes down (which he does more than I like as a Chicago Homer) and do we get a quality replacement? Not to sure on that yet,. Marshall also has alot of passive agressive comments with him. He is so great.. better than me but I need the ball more. Next thing you know the ball rotates to him more. Marshall is still a bit of a headcase though. I like him just not as much as everyone else. I see him as a WR2

:thumbsup:

This and am I the only one that remembers Cutler isn't exactly stable as well. There was a reason Denver cut him loose for Orton.

If they can hold together their collective egos (Marshal and Cutler), I think AJ could finish as good as last year or better.

Am I willing to bet the farm on that. Probably not. JMO which isn't worth a damn to begin with.

Id replace Brown with Cobb, Jordy and even AndreJ when he comes to his senses. Then maybe Brown.

Jeffrey had 2 monster games in which he got 33% of his yards last year. The other games were respectable with a couple of duds thrown in, but I think he takes a step back this year. I don't see him as a the steady big-time producer like some of the elites. I think he still gets in the 1100-1200 range though. Anyway, it's tough to have REALLY big years in Chicago since the wind messes with passes from November through the rest of the season.