Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Dynasty League Question

I have turned over my roster in one of my dynasty leagues this offseason. It has been a competitive team with a couple league titles and several trips to the final game. That said, the roster was getting old. Nearly everyone was over 31. In dynasty leagues, that's the kiss of death when it comes to trade value. My roster now is very solid, but I'm curious about what to do with Andre Johnson. I've been offered some fairly decent trades for him (Jordan Reed, 1st round rookie picks, CJ Spiller and a combo of Marquise Lee & T. West). My only "need" position is at TE where I have Eric Ebron, Sefarian-Jenkins and Jace Amaro; Three rookies. I like all three quite a bit, but not until 2015. I can always trade one of them later if necessary.

My question is this; Do you think Andre has a few solid seasons left? I've owned him in this league since his rookie season. Fitzpatrick may be the best QB he's played with in the last two seasons as he has a tendency to lock onto his #1 WR and throw to him come hell or high water. Whether he hits his WR is debatable, but at least he throws in their general direction. Do you see Andre as a legit WR1, or do you think he's going to begin falling off a bit?

WR1, I would say no..that offence is going to sputter to often for him to maintain those kind of numbers..only Ebron would be worth Andre in a deal though, the other two can be had cheaper IMO

Not knowing who else is rostered where I'd put Andre's value around Reed or Witten for TEs. Meaning I'd take that deal for Reed, or the deal for Spiller.

I would take the deal for spiller probably. I would also acquire bryce brown if you do. The besr scenario i see is to package johnson and ebron for a good receiver. I think ebron holds enough value to make that happen.

I am with you. It is time to trade Andre Johnson. You don't want to be the last one hold the bag.

As far as the value concerned, get what you can from your league, send offers to all league members to gauge their interest. You might be pleasantly surprised.