Sign in to follow this  
SACK9O

When Will The IDP Start To Be Drafted?

Start-up dynasty with only 3 IDP players. When can I expect the IDPs to start being picked?

This is my first dynasty draft and I can't really find any ADP on IDPs in an entire draft. I sorta feel like, leave them alone till late since there are only 3 starters per team, but there is one player I really want to try to grab.

Mfl includes idp on their adp list i believe. Its really not too hard to figure if you put a little effort in. I like to look at how significant the idp scoring is. Once i am in a round where the point differential for the top defensive player is greater than the advantage for the next offensive player i would draft, i try to snag a top guy. If i miss then i usually wait for some lower ranked players with upside.

It all depends on the scoring and roster requirements. If its a tackle heavy league and you have flex IDP spots rather than a full defensive unit, you can wait and pick up randoms and almost have the same effect as a Willis or Laurinitis.

Look at Worrilow last season when he finally started. Players like that on defense always emerge. Don't fall into an early run of defensive guys. Grab those other offensive guys and grab defensive players a few rounds after all the sheep.