Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

6 pt passing td info requested

For those that have completed drafts with 6 pts per pass td, where has brees, foles, cutler gone in the draft? Or a complete list of top 12 qbs drafted and where they were taken would be appreciated.

I can only tell you that in my 12 team 6 pt all TD league the QBs fly off the board and I wait and reap the benefits. Now I'm sure part of this is I'm in a league of fools but I will normally see a panic run on QBs and there will be 6 off the board by the end of the second round. For example last year I think we saw Manning, Brees, Rodgers, RG3, Stafford, Brady, and Ryan all go before the end of the 2nd. I like to sit back and get a couple of top RBs and a top TE/WR in my first three picks.

Rodgers, Peyton, Brees goes in the first 2 rounds... then Stafford around 4th then the next level round 5. in my league last year. I waited and got Romo in the 6th or 7th

Depends... for those that are new to it, QBs do fly off the board. In one draft I'm in, Manning went 1.01, Brees 1.06, Rodgers went 18th overall, Stafford 28th overall. In the leagues I'm in that have been that way for a while, about the same place as usual. The QBs in the 4-6 range go a little earlier maybe, but not by much.

So, it depends on the league. People that aren't used to that scoring system jump on QBs early... those that are used to it, usually don't.

For those that have completed drafts with 6 pts per pass td, where has brees, foles, cutler gone in the draft? Or a complete list of top 12 qbs drafted and where they were taken would be appreciated.

My main 12 team draft for the last 20 years is 6pt passing. Manning and Brees will go top 5. Rodgers will go in the first. The top 8 Qbs are all gone by the 5th.

Manning likely goes number 1 after last season. He put up absurd numbers in our 6 pointer.

If I get the first pick it will be really difficult not taking him. Personally Brees has led me to two titles so even he gets a look at 1. That offense could be nuts if the young wrs explode.

My main 12 team draft for the last 20 years is 6pt passing. Manning and Brees will go top 5. Rodgers will go in the first. The top 8 Qbs are all gone by the 5th.

Manning likely goes number 1 after last season. He put up absurd numbers in our 6 pointer.

If I get the first pick it will be really difficult not taking him. Personally Brees has led me to two titles so even he gets a look at 1. That offense could be nuts if the young wrs explode.

This is exactly how most of my leagues operate. And it seems like those teams that get a top 3 scoring qb are really hard to beat all season. I think if your a good drafter getting a top 3 qb in 6pt passing td leagues plus if there's bonuses for long tds like over 50yards is the way to go.

Good luck !

This is exactly how most of my leagues operate. And it seems like those teams that get a top 3 scoring qb are really hard to beat all season. I think if your a good drafter getting a top 3 qb in 6pt passing td leagues plus if there's bonuses for long tds like over 50yards is the way to go.

Good luck !

The advantage is there since I am not sure the guy with Brees or the other big three every year has ever missed the playoffs.

our mffl league should be a good point of ref for u, fbn.

Last year in our draft

Rodgers, Brees 2nd round

Manning, Brady 3rd round

Stafford, Newton 4th round

Ryan, Griffin III, 5th round

Romo, 6th round

Flacco, Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, 8th round

Talking to another guy in the league, we kind of expect Manning will go mid first round after the top 5-6 RBs and Rodgers and Brees in the second round this year, after that who knows.

our mffl league should be a good point of ref for u, fbn.

That league surprises me a little because qbs lasted so long. Its 6 pts per pass td and .25 pts per completion, and there are 12 teams. It did give me hope though that someone like foles, cutler, ryan will be available in the 6th.

That league surprises me a little because qbs lasted so long. Its 6 pts per pass td and .25 pts per completion, and there are 12 teams. It did give me hope though that someone like foles, cutler, ryan will be available in the 6th.

I fall into this trap myself, but what you have to remember is that it's not about point totals. The 12th QB who gets taken in the 8th round could possibly generate more points than the #1 RB taken first. What matters in the draft is points relative to the guy you can get later. Adding points to TDs and completions makes the elite QBs more valuable because it widens the lead they already had on other QBs, but when you get to the middle of the pack and there's little difference between one or another, you get a better marginal return by taking the other positions and being the last guy to take a QB.

I wish I could find an old thread I had on this. I went back in my league history for the past couple seasons and a common theme was the Peyton, Brees, ect owners making the playoffs.

It was almost a damn lock.

Last years draft results:

This is out of order as I'm pulling info team by team and not in a draft order.

Romo 6.12

R. Wilson 5.2

Peyton 3.8

Cam 4.4

Stafford 5.3

Foles-free agent pickup...leading some lucky owner to a title :clap:

Brady 3.12

Ryan 4.8

Rivers-FA

Rodgers 2.7

RG3- 5.10

^ Looking at the above my league doesn't seem quite as QB obsessed as some others. I have to imagine this year Petyon is a late first-early 2nd pick and Brees-Rodgers go 2/3.

I fall into this trap myself, but what you have to remember is that it's not about point totals. The 12th QB who gets taken in the 8th round could possibly generate more points than the #1 RB taken first. What matters in the draft is points relative to the guy you can get later. Adding points to TDs and completions makes the elite QBs more valuable because it widens the lead they already had on other QBs, but when you get to the middle of the pack and there's little difference between one or another, you get a better marginal return by taking the other positions and being the last guy to take a QB.

Yes i am aware of vbd. If we are talking about the middle qbs the difference isnt all that great. Brees is going to have his best year as a pro, which is why i believe he is worth the price. If people knew manning would have the year he had before the season, he would have been the first overall pick. If brees can be in the realm of mannings numbers last year he will be the steal of the draft.