Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Preseason Week 2 observations

Johnny Football is going to have the haters riled up for the next 10 years, should be hilarious to watch.

:wave:

He made a college career off improv. Doesn't have great size, speed or a great arm. Has a bad attitude. I'd be shocked if he amounts to much

He made a college career off improv. Doesn't have great size, speed or a great arm. Has a bad attitude. I'd be shocked if he amounts to much

It feels like he should be a Russel Wilson type, but he is gone upstairs. A lost head case without the slightest clue. On days off instead of working on his game and studying the play book he goes to Vegas. It shows on the field.

Don't ask me why, but I'm going to name drop Eric Crouch now....Eric Crouch. That is my answer.

Holly crap! You absolutely nailed it.

Crouch was a monster at Nebraska.

Holly crap! You absolutely nailed it.

Crouch was a monster at Nebraska.

Yeah, but Crouch was so bad as a thrower that he was drafted as a WR. He made Tebow look like Johnny Unitas.

Manziel, while lacking the "ideal" physical skill set probably has enough athleticism and competitive nature to at least have a shot at hanging around the NFL. But his head will keep him from getting there imo. The thousands of competitive situations he's been in in his life, knowing that he's fighting for one of the most coveted jobs in sports, knowing the cameras are on him always, and he flips the bird? It's not the end of society as we know it and I think the children will survive, but it's indicative of a spoiled, childish mentality. You can have that in the NFL. Many do. But to do so you better be special, and he's not.

It feels like he should be a Russel Wilson type, but he is gone upstairs. A lost head case without the slightest clue. On days off instead of working on his game and studying the play book he goes to Vegas. It shows on the field.

You already nailed it, Wilson has his head on straight, great work ethic, wanted to prove everyone wrong.

Manziel has a "fock you" attitude. Hes going to do what he wants.

But I don't think Manziel has near the arm Wilson does.

You already nailed it, Wilson has his head on straight, great work ethic, wanted to prove everyone wrong.

Manziel has a "fock you" attitude. Hes going to do what he wants.

But I don't think Manziel has near the arm Wilson does.

We'll see. I think he may have an NFL arm, but he's got a grade school head.

If dump off and short throws are what you are looking for he might be your guy. Seem to be running a lot of high % routes. He looked OK to me. Nothing jumped off the screen.

Allen Hurns kind of looked like the most impressive WR. I'm saying that not based on his final stats but more his body size. 6'3 195.

Might have been right on this one. Not so much a look at me post as it is a reminder to trust our eyes.

Yeah it's preseason but it's information.

They will only be able to keep Manziel on the bench for so long, clearly the most talented QB on the roster. All the hatred in the world won't be able to stop it.

They will only be able to keep Manziel on the bench for so long, clearly the most talented QB on the roster. All the hatred in the world won't be able to stop it.

And he will still end up not that great.

Or did you not see a redshirt freshman step right in at A&M and tear apart a Spurrier team last night?

Did you not see manziel play all preseason?

You can't teach accuracy at this stage of his career. His numbers are "Tebowish".

Johnny Manziel = David Klingler

The more i think about it, the more i believe Maziel's behavior is that of a guy who knows he pulled one over on the NFL community, and is just deciding he is going to go out in a blaze of glory. I'm almost 100% certain his next step will be killing a hooker in Tijuana.

Why do people say he has a strong arm. It's erratic, wobbly, and average at best. He doesn't read defenses and plays street ball in a man's game. He will make some plays but this guy is worse in every area than Vick... yet he is going to change the game?

I don't see it.

so the week 2 observation thread turned into a johnny manziel debate?

so the week 2 observation thread turned into a johnny manziel debate?

He is the next Steve Young, or at least that's what some on here are saying.

Why do people say he has a strong arm. It's erratic, wobbly, and average at best. He doesn't read defenses and plays street ball in a man's game. He will make some plays but this guy is worse in every area than Vick... yet he is going to change the game?

I don't see it.

who says he has a strong arm?

who says he has a strong arm?

Just Google Manziel scouting reports. Most media reports I have seen and some NFL reports have him listed as "good, strong, can make every throw".

I'm not a scout but I've watched plenty of football and his arm has never made me once say "wow look at that throw".

AZ is for real too. Good D. Good O. Tough division. Ellington look good when catching the ball, not so much running it. He looks small.I just don't see him handling the "load". Dwyer may become a GL vulture. And potential sleeper if AE gets hurt.

well played, sir :thumbsup: