Sign in to follow this  

Number cells turned into Date cells?

Has this happened to anyone else? Sometimes I'll save and close a draft buddy workbook and when I open it later, all the number cells are date cells. I'm a little light on the details as I'm not sure what causes it, but it's happened more than once. Once it happens, it's pretty much trashed and I have to go back to a previous backup.

I swear I've googled this before. I've dealt with this for 2 years and never found anything on google. But as soon as I post it here and continue to search, of course I find something.

So... just in case this ever happens to anyone else, here's what I just found (Excel 2010):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-excel/excel-2010-changes-number-format-after-saving/70ba3d96-b693-4aa1-85c6-657b3b838d2b

Your Normal Style may be corrupted:
Go to Styles in the Home Tab and right-ckick Normal.  Specify modify andcheck the settings and make correction if necessary.

Thanks image for the follow-up. I've never heard of this before. So it isn't Draft Buddy specific, but one of the style formats in your copy of Excel, right? Are you able to easily fix it?

It's one or two of the style formats within the workbook, but I think they must get corrupted by my copy of excel somehow. I just have to find any sheet where the number cells are presenting as ##### (because they're too long as dates) and modify the style as above. After that everything appers to work.

If you think about it, highlight the cells in your copy that you have to change, save it and send it to me by email. I'd like to compare to my copy and see if I notice any thing I should change.