Sign in to follow this  
brownsseasonticketholder

Keeper help

Who else is likely to be there as an option at 5th? And how many teams total? Assuming just 1 keeper...?

A lot would depend on the keepers likely for other teams, and how picks will be expected to play out ahead of you.

I disagree with the above post in general-- it's not so clear cut--but will somewhat depend on the details of who else is being kept. If all the "good guys" are kept, Forte becomes more valuable; if he's going to end up on a team that's already holding a high-value keeper, even more so. In which case I'd be more likely to keep him

But Allen should be a high volume WR and has some great upside. I would not discount Allen, and we're talking about a couple pick difference from obvious top tier PPR RB to the next best option available at pick 5, which in PPR you start looking at the WRs. Allen will go, what maybe 4th-ish round ADP? Forte is the safe pick for sure, but Allen is the ballsy pick.

I actually like Allen if you can get a top tier WR with your first pick. Not the safest, but could pay big returns. Kind of the point of the Keeper League thing, IMO (this is gambling, after all!).

I have Forte listed as my number one RB, so that would also be my move .

- methinks Forte is about to string together a few seasons that will be LT2-esque. he's THAT good, and Chicago's offense is gonna be scary good :banana:

no contest, imo :thumbsup:

Pretty common keeper league dilemma here, and based on having had to make similar choices many times over the years, I would say Allen. Forte is better than Allen, but I don't know that he's 15 rounds better. If you lose your first pick to hold on to him, you're just getting him at value. Maybe 1/2 to 1 round of value to account for other keepers in your league.

Allen for your 15th/16th/whatever pick, though? That's a 12/13-round bump for a guy most expect to be a high-end WR2 flirting with WR1 status this year.

One thing that might change the call is how many keepers each team gets. If each team keeps 4 guys, then the pool of leftovers is really thinned out and Forte increases in value. If it's just keep 1, you're going to be staring at someone good at 1.05 and may even be able to get Forte back.

I agree with tigers. The value for me would just be too great to pass up with Allen.

If he was a 7 or 8th rounder, then I'd say go safe. But Allen for the last pick in the draft is just too good to pass up.

Like everyone else said though. We need alittle more info on the number of keepers, and who you think will be available for that 5th pick.

But if it's a 1 keeper league, and thats your choice. Allen it is.

Everyone keeps just one player. 10 team league.

Then Allen it is for me.

Keeping Allen just because of his value is stupid. If you can keep a top 4-5 overall pick for basically face value, why wouldn't you?

If you kept Allen - I'm pretty sure you wouldn't come close to drafting a RB with similar #s & upside as Forte.

Whereas I could name at least a half dozen WRs that will darn near mirror Allen's #s.

You never throw back a guaranteed first round pick (@ face value) for a guy that offers a higher discount ONLY. That would be the only reason...basically to brag how cheap you got Allen. Big FOCKIN deal.

Keep Forte & quit listening to some of these goofs.

Keeping Allen just because of his value is stupid. If you can keep a top 4-5 overall pick for basically face value, why wouldn't you?

If you kept Allen - I'm pretty sure you wouldn't come close to drafting a RB with similar #s & upside as Forte.

Whereas I could name at least a half dozen WRs that will darn near mirror Allen's #s.

You never throw back a guaranteed first round pick (@ face value) for a guy that offers a higher discount ONLY. That would be the only reason...basically to brag how cheap you got Allen. Big FOCKIN deal.

Keep Forte & quit listening to some of these goofs.

Sure, there are half a dozen WRs who'll mirror Allen's numbers...and he can take another one with his 3rd or 4th round pick and have two of them. It's such a huge bonus to get Keenan Allen where most people are drafting their kicker that, yes, it absolutely justifies sending Forte back. Hell, if teams 1-4 keep their 1st rounders or have different priorities (Calvin Johnson? Peyton Manning?), he might even get Forte back on his team with 1.05!

for a last round pick? Allen, hands down.

that value is crazy.

think of it this way. would you rather have Forte + 16th round pick or 1st round pick + Allen?

for a last round pick? Allen, hands down.

that value is crazy.

think of it this way. would you rather have Forte + 16th round pick or 1st round pick + Allen?

Ok - look at it this way:

Alfred Morris/Doug Martin & Allen

or

Forte & Roddy/Cruz or even Allen

You guys are getting too caught up in value.

I'm not disputing Allen's value...I agree, it's stupid good...pretty much free.

Dog schit is also free yet no one walks around picking it up.

Ok - look at it this way:

Alfred Morris/Doug Martin & Allen

or

Forte & Roddy/Cruz or even Allen

Except it's more like Alfred Morris and Allen AND Roddy White. Getting to keep a starter for a last round pick is basically getting a free upper-tier player.