Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Gordon out for the season, per CBSSports

nothing like waiting half a year to suspend a guy for a full season and force him to miss next preseason

edit - Ian Rapaport just said Gordon is only suspended for the 2014 season and not the full 365 days. He can apply for reinstatement after the season ends.

• Like 1

Official now. Sounds like he an be dropped now .

Gordons statement.

“I'd like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans," Gordon said in a statement through the NFLPA. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff.”

Who is the lawyer in the other thread who said he shouldn't be dropped right after they announced this? ...b/c there could be a secondary appeal or some B.S..

I mean is this the end of it... can I safely drop him now?

I would not be in a hurry to drop Josh Gordon. I would give it a week unless there is someone that you are dying to pick up. I drafted Josh Gordon hoping for a one year suspension because I have to think that Josh Gordon and his attorney files an injunction in state court.

I would not be in a hurry to drop Josh Gordon. I would give it a week unless there is someone that you are dying to pick up. I drafted Josh Gordon hoping for a one year suspension because I have to think that Josh Gordon and his attorney files an injunction in state court.

the NFL >>>>>than any state court. Their rules supercede state rules, and they are allowed to govern in their best interest

Yeah, he's done. I posted in another thread where an attorney said he could sue the NFL if suspended for a full season as it violates the State law for employment. Someone else said the NFL has a franchise there, but since the league isn't domiciled there, the attorney would lose.

Sucks to be a Browns fan these days. Or for the last twenty years.

all part of the league's master plan:

- can Gordo for this year while Johnny "Bench" gets his sea legs

- Jax cuts Blackmon

- JFF/Gordo/Blackmon tear it up in 2015.

HTH.

Yeah, he's done. I posted in another thread where an attorney said he could sue the NFL if suspended for a full season as it violates the State law for employment. Someone else said the NFL has a franchise there, but since the league isn't domiciled there, the attorney would lose.

Sucks to be a Browns fan these days. Or for the last twenty years.

I think he would lose in court but the goal does not have to be to win the case but possibly delay the original judgement. If Josh Gordon files in court it isn't like his case will be heard tomorrow. It would likely take months to get in front of the judge. During the period before the case goes to court Gordon files an injunction against the NFL and the suspension. I'm not sure why the person above believes that NFL rules trump state laws.

I had a feeling this might happen. Roger Goodell doesn't strike me as a guy who is willing to bend (even if his stance seems entirely ridiculous).

To the Blackmon/Manziel/Gordon comment: that sounds like the worst idea ever, putting party boy Johnny with two guys who were willing to sacrifice millions of dollars to smoke weed...

...I hope they put it on Hard Knocks :ninja:

The NFL continues to prove what a focking joke it is. Go kill yourself Goodell you fat fock. You waited 6 weeks to announce this? Guess just screwing Gordon and the Browns this year wasn't quite enough. Had to make sure you ate into next year too huh? Hopefully some hooker gives you an incurable STD and your falls off

• Like 1

[quote name="ZeroTolerance" post="5292734" timestamp="1409160050"

To the Blackmon/Manziel/Gordon comment: that sounds like the worst idea ever, putting party boy Johnny with two guys who were willing to sacrifice millions of dollars to smoke weed...

...I hope they put it on Hard Knocks :ninja:

don't you see the potential here for the league? face it, the NFL is basically the "Soaps" for guys ... and the league would eat that fockin' up ... ya know, the three party boy knuckleheads straightening out and kickin ass on the field

few things I left out in earlier post:

Saint Dungy is hired as coach, and Tebow is signed as backup.

this shizz would be gold, Jerry

GOLD

The joke is the NFL baseline for testing positive for the hippy lettuce. At 15 ng/ml that is extremely low, especially considering the Air Force level is I believe 50 ng/ml. This is why the second hand smoke argument for air force members has always been a joke. With Gordon, it may have held merit. But the bottom line is he failed a drug test with an established level. Still, I don't buy the second hand smoke argument, even at 15 ng/ml the level of smoke he needed to inhale was considerable.I believe something like sitting in a closet for an hour with four people lighting up. Open a f*cking window my man.

For them to overturn Gordon's ruling would've meant basically overturning their policy. Granted this should be done anyhow, but in the middle of the case no way. The concern now is what happens next time? I believe it's a life suspension no?

I think he would lose in court but the goal does not have to be to win the case but possibly delay the original judgement. If Josh Gordon files in court it isn't like his case will be heard tomorrow. It would likely take months to get in front of the judge. During the period before the case goes to court Gordon files an injunction against the NFL and the suspension. I'm not sure why the person above believes that NFL rules trump state laws.

cause it does.

example, I work/live in the state of Colorado. It is legal for me to use and possess marijuana. However I am still subject to drug testing by my employer including weed. If I test positive for weed they can fire me without question, and no court in the nation will overturn that

Starcaps.

Its possible to file an injunction. The Williams' didn't win..but they played.

I'd hold if possible until its fully confirmed that he won't move forward with any action

cause it does.

example, I work/live in the state of Colorado. It is legal for me to use and possess marijuana. However I am still subject to drug testing by my employer including weed. If I test positive for weed they can fire me without question, and no court in the nation will overturn that

Yes, but he didn't test positive according to the standards mandated by Ohio employment law. There is already precedent in place that states that NFL players are employees of the NFL, and the NFL is bound by the employment laws of the state where the team is located. The NFL tried to make this a federal issue in the Star Caps case in Minnesota a few years ago, but it failed. That case was tried under Minnesota law.

I'm not saying that Gordon will get out of the suspension, but there is a very real possibility that it could be reduced or vacated if it goes into the Ohio court system. I have not delved deeply into this topic, so I don't have much confidence either way. I would hold onto Gordon for at least another week or until we hear that he will not pursue this action further.

• Like 1

What is the over/under that Gordon screws up over this year and never suits up again. Arena League awaits your arrival Mr. Gordon.

• Like 1

Yes, but he didn't test positive according to the standards mandated by Ohio employment law. There is already precedent in place that states that NFL players are employees of the NFL, and the NFL is bound by the employment laws of the state where the team is located. The NFL tried to make this a federal issue in the Star Caps case in Minnesota a few years ago, but it failed. That case was tried under Minnesota law.

I'm not saying that Gordon will get out of the suspension, but there is a very real possibility that it could be reduced or vacated if it goes into the Ohio court system. I have not delved deeply into this topic, so I don't have much confidence either way. I would hold onto Gordon for at least another week or until we hear that he will not pursue this action further.

but didn't Gordon agree to all NFL rules when he signed his contract.

but didn't Gordon agree to all NFL rules when he signed his contract.

Employment contracts are still subject to state employment laws. The arbitrator likely used the NFL guidelines in his decision, but an Ohio court could decide the matter differently, if the court even deems it worthy of hearing. Again, I'm not saying he's going to win, I'm only saying that this isn't 100% over yet.

Excellent news. Now he can get some help.

he smokes some pot... legal in 2 states... I hardly say he needs help

he smokes some pot... legal in 2 states... I hardly say he needs help

he needs help, cause he knows the rules and he continues to break them. Regardless of what side of the fence you are on.

I come to work unshaved, which is legal in every state, and my employer tells me I need to present a cleaner image. I keep doing it, they suspend me and fire me. I have no grounds to stand on, because its the rule I am supposed to follow

maybe he just needs to evaluate his life and what he values..... If he values smoking dope more than football then change careers.... its isnt as much a problem as it is a distorted set of priorities

Ricky Williams walked away and so can Gordon

Dumb. Gordon is among the most talented receivers in the games and he's about to throw a career away over dope. :doh:

The ruling is also stupid but I'm not surprised, the NFL can't stay out of its own way. Give it ten years and they'll he playing 2-hand touch with 8 games a year in Europe. :thumbsdown:

Someone dropped him in a league and I picked him up. This ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Dumb. Gordon is among the most talented receivers in the games and he's about to throw a career away over dope. :doh:

The ruling is also stupid but I'm not surprised, the NFL can't stay out of its own way. Give it ten years and they'll he playing 2-hand touch with 8 games a year in Europe. :thumbsdown:

You're prolly right!! Hate the Europe idea!!

Someone dropped him in a league and I picked him up. This ain't over until the fat lady sings.

- dude, she sang ... inhaled a twelve course feast, and is now dropping a turd that would choke a fockin' hippo.

thanks.

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/VEntZUx24s8

Okay, you can drop him.

- dude, she sang ... inhaled a twelve course feast, and is now dropping a turd that would choke a fockin' hippo.

thanks.

:first:

Seriously though; I'm surprised it took so long but judging from his statement, this idiot hasn't learned a thing.

I'll never understand why the fock these guys can't stay clean during the season. Focking morons costing themselves millions to smoke a blount.