Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Fiend

Week 1 Suicide Pool Picks!

It's right around the corner... Which way is everyone leaning to kick-off the year and survive week 1????

Eagles over Jags

Bears over Bills

Lions over Giants

Pats over Dolphins

Steelers over Browns

Broncos over Colts

Etc....

Leaning heavily towards Eagles or Bears. I think the Bills are absolutely etrocious and EJ is clearly not the answer. Plus their defense has played very poorly - I expect Marshall & Jeffries to eat this unit alive.

Eagles might be the favorite pick here for obvious reasons - It's the Jags.

Lets hear 'em

As a sidebar, Matthew Schiff will once again be providing his weekly picks for Last Man Standing, Suicide Pools, Survivor contests, etc inside Mike Davis' weekly Q&A column. Mike's Week 1 column will be posted on Wednesday.

I've got Pittsburgh in as my pick in the DB Survivor contest.... but I'm leaning towards a change... :ninja:

As a sidebar, Matthew Schiff will once again be providing his weekly picks for Last Man Standing, Suicide Pools, Survivor contests, etc inside Mike Davis' weekly Q&A column. Mike's Week 1 column will be posted on Wednesday.

I've got Pittsburgh in as my pick in the DB Survivor contest.... but I'm leaning towards a change... :ninja:

How accurate is matt?

My algorithm that keeps me from over thinking this...

Take the home team with the largest point spread in a non-division game. Week 1 options are

Philly -10 vs Jacksonville

Denver -7 vs Indy

Chicago -6 vs Buffalo

St. Louis -6 vs Minnesota

In week 1 I'm going with the safest play so, probably Philly. The key is to not think, I've followed this for 5 years and won 3 pools. Usually because people try to get cute and pick a lessor team to get them out of the way. Just take the low hanging fruit and move on each week.

• Like 1

The Giants look so damn bad though.

What's the line in that game? Surprised it isn't in the 6.5 range.

Excellent - Appreciate the feedback Mike! :doublethumbsup: Steelers are close for me as well - but I haven't watched them at all and think there are some other solid options so will probably lean another direction.