Sign in to follow this  
LunaTick

What is your take on the Eagles? Seeking out both Fans and NFC East opponents

I would ask for only rationale Eagles fans. but I know that none exist.

Philadelphia Offense,

1. Can they continue their style of offense? Can it become more dynamic.

2. Can Sproles replace DJAX for threat depth. Or is there someon in their receiving corps that can do this?

3. How does having two receving rbs affect their individual stats. Can McCoy stay a Tier 1.

4. Am I wrong in thinking the Eagles will suxor this year. I know many have them slatted as NFC East Division winners. I just find it hard to believe this to be the case.

As a Skins fan,

I see them keeping up that high powered offense just in a different way. I see a lot less deep strikes and more stretching teams out sideline-to-sideline with RB/WR screens reverses wheel routes etc. They are going to decimate any teams with weak/slow LB cores. I think Macklin is the one to own and ends up taking a lot of those DJax targets. I think Riley has an identical season as last year and Matthews is basically a super saijin version of Avant( who got 70 targets last year) so I see good value in ppr but he wont get a lot of TD's. Sproles I think has Danny Woodshed type numbers and value in PPR but McCoy is too talented as well - I see less yards but a big uptick in TDs this year for McCoy. Only thing I think can derail them is OLine injuries. Even if Foles has a slump Sánchez has shown the ability to run that offense well.

I still like New Orleans offense more but I have no doubt outside of injuries that the eagles will probably repeat as NFCE champs.

:: now vomits ::

Yes they can continue it, no it won't be more dynamic. I expect a slight decrease because it's hard to repeat that kind of success, DJax is gone and they won't have all 5 OL active and healthy all year again. But I still think they'll be very good on O.

2. Can Sproles replace DJAX for threat depth. Or is there someon in their receiving corps that can do this?

No. They will use Spriles as a slot receiver and hope to make up Desean's production through a handful of different players but they have no real deep threat on the roster anymore. Look for Sproles and Ertz to help make up that production with Matthews and Hiff chipping in.

3. How does having two receving rbs affect their individual stats. Can McCoy stay a Tier 1.

McCoy is certainly tier 1 but they will lighten his load just to keep him healthy. I don't think he will get nearly the touches as last year but I'd expect something like 1,800 total yards and 12 TDs anyway, certainly worth a Top 3 pick.

4. Am I wrong in thinking the Eagles will suxor this year. I know many have them slatted as NFC East Division winners. I just find it hard to believe this to be the case.

I think they may be a little better but win fewer games just due to the tougher schedule. I still think they've got to be considered the front runner just because the division is awful. Romo is coming off a serious injury and the Boys D will be terrible. Giants offense is a total mess and RG3 appears to be done.

What other team in this division is going to win 10 games?

I think it will actually come down to their defense if they can repeat as division champs and the good news is its improving. But thats boring and borderline doesn't matter for FF purposes.

1. Yes its hurry up rush offense with prepackeged option plays and an elite offensive line. I don't see most teams having the personnel to stop this.

2. This is the real worry, where is the deep threat in lieu of DJax, I am gambling on Maclin but his injury history doesn't make me super confident. No real basis for this but I am snapping up Ertz in a ton of leagues, I think he might be a critical component to stretching the defense. By having him run deep seam pass routes and deep crosses he can occupy the middle of the defense and still stretch the field albeit in a gimmicy way...but I think it works.

3. Yes this team is going to rush a ton, they need a good backup to Mccoy. Sproles is going to have real value this year.

4. This division kind of strikes me like the NFC south a new champ every year. I will guess the Giants suprise and give the Eagles a run for the division. The Cowboys and RGIII teams are too thin due to cap penalties and cap mismanagement better luck next year.

Huge Cowboys fan- The Eagle's offense is scary good. Watching their offense is like hitting a hornets nest. I think Foles will come back to Earth a little. He will be forced in to making mistakes, but the offense will be explosive. The only concern is injuries and their defense, which is absolutely terrible. For fantasy purposes, it doesn't matter much.

Yes they can continue it, no it won't be more dynamic. I expect a slight decrease because it's hard to repeat that kind of success, DJax is gone and they won't have all 5 OL active and healthy all year again. But I still think they'll be very good on O.

No. They will use Spriles as a slot receiver and hope to make up Desean's production through a handful of different players but they have no real deep threat on the roster anymore. Look for Sproles and Ertz to help make up that production with Matthews and Hiff chipping in.

McCoy is certainly tier 1 but they will lighten his load just to keep him healthy. I don't think he will get nearly the touches as last year but I'd expect something like 1,800 total yards and 12 TDs anyway, certainly worth a Top 3 pick.

I think they may be a little better but win fewer games just due to the tougher schedule. I still think they've got to be considered the front runner just because the division is awful. Romo is coming off a serious injury and the Boys D will be terrible. Giants offense is a total mess and RG3 appears to be done.

What other team in this division is going to win 10 games?

The same thing was said about the redskins last year. Everyone looks like they can't win it in this division except the winner. However people are playing a dangerous game judging by preseason. The NFC East is playing the AFC South and against the NFC West, where everyone has a chance to lose the same amount of games against them. The south is such a easy division defensively. Then division games come in to play and its not like eagles have dominated their rivals every year especially the giants.

The Iggs are clearly the best team in the East. How that stacks up to the rest of the conference, no idea - but they should have no problem winning the division...... If by chance they don't - it would be a huge embarrassment.

The defense and offensive line are the cogs that make the engine work. Two seasons ago it collapsed and so did they.

On defense I don't trust Nate Allen. Call me a pessimist but I still think he's horrible in the secondary. There's been a few lingering injuries in the secondary. Cary Williams and Nolan Carroll both have missed limited time already.

Can they be dynamic? Yes and i expect they will. People overlook just how good of a run blocking line this is. Athletic big guys blocking down field. Foles should have more realistic numbers in the passing game.

Sproles is going to disappoint fantasy drafters reaching for him before round 10. He's going to be involved surely,but he's not going to produce heavily. LeSean McCoy is a safe bet to receive volume, but I do expect his numbers to take a slight dip. Nothing enough to warrant skipping him in the top 2 though.

As for the NFC East, it all comes down to health. I think the Eagles are the clear favorites. The opposing defenses are horrendous in this division. Dallas and Washington have sieves in their secondary. The Giants are an enigma. What Eli comes to play?

Great offense, weak defense.

Lack a wr to stretch field. Lost Johnson for a bit, and foles will regress a little. See them

Being a tad slow out of gate.

NFC east looks like a dumpster fire and see eagles winning it at 9/7 or 10/6. They will be followed by cowboys, red skins and giants. They will be eliminated first rd of playoffs. Def isn't that good.