Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks IN-Season Thread 2014-15***

Nobody was scared of the receiving core already, wow.... Bad decision.

As Wilson owner I am totally pissed

As Wilson owner I am totally pissed

I think it will help Wilson fantasy wise. He may run a little more and there will be less reverses and lateral plays to Harvin. More downfield passing to Kearse and Lockette. I think Kearse will be the guy that gets the most out of this. How much, no clue.

Harvin did nothing for Wilson... This makes no differance to Wilson. Harvin never made down field plays at WR for us.
I blame some of this on how we used Harvin, but overall he's not that great being a WR.

In fact, we've been waisting down field plays trying all that reverse, short pass crap with Harvin that did very little. Sometimes even putting us in the hole. I've been wanting more plays called for Kearse deep (Where he's best) and more plays to Baldwin who's our best catcher and maybe route runner. Maybe they bring in the rookies too where they need some play time as they have potential.

Business as usual for Wilson though. No differance. Maybe more down field stuff though, but also more pounding the rock too.

I think it will help Wilson fantasy wise. He may run a little more and there will be less reverses and lateral plays to Harvin. More downfield passing to Kearse and Lockette. I think Kearse will be the guy that gets the most out of this. How much, no clue.

You know I think that's a great point.

So I'm drunk with my buddy, watching NFL Network, I told him he is lying.... can't believe it. What exactly did the Jets give Seattle?

So I'm drunk with my buddy, watching NFL Network, I told him he is lying.... can't believe it. What exactly did the Jets give Seattle?

Loaf a bread half a jar of peanut butter

Now I know how you got 10,892 posts with a troll response like that, and once you responed make it 10,893 a**hole.

Why? How does this help them this season?

I think it helps them in the locker room. He was apparently being a prima donna and weakening team chemistry. <Vikings fans nod vigorously>. Obviously the other WRs are going to have to step up. Baldwin, Kearse, Lockette and possibly Paul Richardson, who is their 1st rounder in the 2014 draft. Definitely leaves them a bit bereft of playmakers after injuries to Zach Miller and to Luke Willson. For the next few games they are probably going to struggle. Hopefully by the end of the season they can get themselves into a rhythm.

Obviously it was an error bringing him in in the first place. Lost too much draft capital for very little benefit. Of course, he made some big plays in the playoffs, and the KR for a TD in the super bowl put a nail in the coffin. But overall, it was a gamble, and it failed. What's noteworthy to me is that the front office decided to cut bait and admit a mistake. A lot of front offices would stick it out just to avoid looking bad. So I give them a little credit for this.

Percy Harvin is traded for what will very, very likely end up a 4th round pick. What a lousy situation this is.

And the spin has started. All the mud slinging to justify the trade. Apparently Harvin had, among other things, punched Golden Tate in the face right before the Super Bowl, got into a fist fight with Doug Baldwin just before the preseason game vs Oakland this year, blew up at Russell Wilson when Wilson called him out for his bad attitude, and refused to go back into the game last week vs Dallas late in the 4th quarter. Seattle has been shopping him around the league for weeks.

Now, you can't overlook the value Seattle gave up in obtaining Harvin from Minnesota. And all the money paid to him in salary and signing bonuses and the cap hit in future seasons the trade has created. It's all a disaster. I guess Pete was willing to overlook all the red flags that came with Harvin so that they could harness all that raw talent and get inside his head and get him to buy into the Seattle system. And that just didn't happen. Team chemistry above all else. Fine. I get that. I also know that we have a offensive coordinator that was incapable of fully taking advantage of Harvin's abilities and making this offense really hum, but maybe in the end it just would not have mattered. Pete Carroll's son is an assistant to the wide receivers coach on the Seahawks. There must have been a boatload of insider insight being funneled to Pete about Harvin's activities.

I'm disappointed. The injuries have decimated this team. Now, the WRs are a complete joke. You lose Golden Tate, Percy Harvin, and even Sidney Rice from last year. Our WRs are Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette. None of these guys is going to beat a double team. The rookies? Richardson can't play, and Norwood has been hurt since preseason. Wilson has absolutely nobody to throw to. Our offense will be run, run, punt. Swell, let's get Lynch injured. Because after Turbin, there is no other RB in sight. Girl's Name is a colossal bust of a draft pick. The kid is deactivated for every game. Know why? He's dumber than sh!t. Can't learn the playbook. Honestly, how many plays do you need to learn to be a RB? Pick up a blitz here or there. The kid is a head case and is the next to head out the door after Harvin. Our drafts the past two season have sucked ass, and the Harvin trade is part of that draft capital. Not a single significant contributor or otherwise contributor in 2 drafts. Not one. So I'm glad we got a 4th round pick, as God knows we can't draft in rounds 1 to 3.

• Like 1

Here is a little reminder of what a healthy, motivated, and utilized Harvin is capable of. His break away speed is actually scary.

Wow they passed to him beyond line of scrimmage. And like he was played like a wr. Seattle treated him like a toy not a position player. I will be curious to see Harvin in a few weeks with jets.

As a 9er fan, I have to admit this was probably the right move for Seattle. Harvin will have a brief honeymoon period in NY, but I see a guy who will ultimately be out of football before his time

Percy Harvin is traded for what will very, very likely end up a 4th round pick. What a lousy situation this is.

And the spin has started. All the mud slinging to justify the trade. Apparently Harvin had, among other things, punched Golden Tate in the face right before the Super Bowl, got into a fist fight with Doug Baldwin just before the preseason game vs Oakland this year, blew up at Russell Wilson when Wilson called him out for his bad attitude, and refused to go back into the game last week vs Dallas late in the 4th quarter. Seattle has been shopping him around the league for weeks.

Now, you can't overlook the value Seattle gave up in obtaining Harvin from Minnesota. And all the money paid to him in salary and signing bonuses and the cap hit in future seasons the trade has created. It's all a disaster. I guess Pete was willing to overlook all the red flags that came with Harvin so that they could harness all that raw talent and get inside his head and get him to buy into the Seattle system. And that just didn't happen. Team chemistry above all else. Fine. I get that. I also know that we have a offensive coordinator that was incapable of fully taking advantage of Harvin's abilities and making this offense really hum, but maybe in the end it just would not have mattered. Pete Carroll's son is an assistant to the wide receivers coach on the Seahawks. There must have been a boatload of insider insight being funneled to Pete about Harvin's activities.

I'm disappointed. The injuries have decimated this team. Now, the WRs are a complete joke. You lose Golden Tate, Percy Harvin, and even Sidney Rice from last year. Our WRs are Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette. None of these guys is going to beat a double team. The rookies? Richardson can't play, and Norwood has been hurt since preseason. Wilson has absolutely nobody to throw to. Our offense will be run, run, punt. Swell, let's get Lynch injured. Because after Turbin, there is no other RB in sight. Girl's Name is a colossal bust of a draft pick. The kid is deactivated for every game. Know why? He's dumber than sh!t. Can't learn the playbook. Honestly, how many plays do you need to learn to be a RB? Pick up a blitz here or there. The kid is a head case and is the next to head out the door after Harvin. Our drafts the past two season have sucked ass, and the Harvin trade is part of that draft capital. Not a single significant contributor or otherwise contributor in 2 drafts. Not one. So I'm glad we got a 4th round pick, as God knows we can't draft in rounds 1 to 3.

:thumbsup: Good post.

Phillybear hit it the nail right on the head. However, as a Hawks fan, I'm more encouraged than he seems to be...lol

Yeah, this sucks...especially until just now, Percy seemed to be fitting in just fine (and he seemed so positive in every single interview I've seen him in). Hadn't heard a peep about his behavior until now...

I trust this front office...they earned that from me. Yeah, they can't draft first rounders worth but they show they aren't afraid to make "bold" moves in the interest of the team. From the outset- cutting Lendale, releasing Houshmanzadeh and eating his cap costs, letting Hasslebeck walk (big fan favorite), signing Flynn but naming Russell starter...and now this move.

Excited more than ever to watch this team!

Wow they passed to him beyond line of scrimmage. And like he was played like a wr. Seattle treated him like a toy not a position player. I will be curious to see Harvin in a few weeks with jets.

Yes....that is the key. They have to make him a WR, with the entire route tree, that also runs the ball 7 or 8 times a game. He can get open deep. In that video I posted above you see him hauling in tough catches in traffic....and at 3:02, I don't believe I have ever seen another NFL player flying that fast down the field....it was blinding speed.

Seattle's OC Bevell is a complete idiot. Predictable play calling and any seattle fan will say that we didn't utilize Harvin very well. No downfield routes and all obvious gimmick plays. That said, Harvin may have been a nightmare behind the scenes and refused to run downfield routes for all we know.

Seattle's OC Bevell is a complete idiot. Predictable play calling and any seattle fan will say that we didn't utilize Harvin very well. No downfield routes and all obvious gimmick plays. That said, Harvin may have been a nightmare behind the scenes and refused to run downfield routes for all we know.

Well, he didn't refuse to go deep in their last game. He got behind everyone for a long TD////called back.

I dont care how many highlight reels get posted. Harvin is sportscar with a blown head gasket. Still looks good and sounds good, aint worth crap at anything else.

In the long run I think this works for us. Return to the run, and lots of dink and dunk pass plays. Not gonna be pretty, but will be effective.

I dont care how many highlight reels get posted. Harvin is sportscar with a blown head gasket. Still looks good and sounds good, aint worth crap at anything else.

In the long run I think this works for us. Return to the run, and lots of dink and dunk pass plays. Not gonna be pretty, but will be effective.

This would be more believable if hawk fans were calling for his head ever at any point he has been in Seattle. You guys loved his playmaking ability or did you forget his 3tds called back in one game.

Haha....... of the 10 guys I work with, only one of us was a big harvin fan. I dont think anyone wanted his head, but his lack of production and gimmik plays had us scratching our heads. He just simply is not that good. He is a lot like Devin Hester, a monster that is only scary once or twice a game.

FWIW Baldwin has 7 fewer receptions but 50 more yards on those receptions.

I hope Harvin has all the success in the world, but there is a element of Tebow about him; IE tons of talent but just not able to make that talent translate into consistent success in the NFL (and I love tebow lol)

*Edit* when I first head the trade they hadnt said what we got back, and at that point I was thinking we had gotten Decker, which would have made sense, as we need someone taller than 5 10.

Haha....... of the 10 guys I work with, only one of us was a big harvin fan. I dont think anyone wanted his head, but his lack of production and gimmik plays had us scratching our heads. He just simply is not that good. He is a lot like Devin Hester, a monster that is only scary once or twice a game.

FWIW Baldwin has 7 fewer receptions but 50 more yards on those receptions.

I hope Harvin has all the success in the world, but there is a element of Tebow about him; IE tons of talent but just not able to make that talent translate into consistent success in the NFL (and I love tebow lol)

When your receptions are essentially rushes (which bubble screens are ). Your yards per catch is going to look a lot like yards per rush

Your OC didn't realize he had a legit wr and treated him like a gimmick. I would be disgruntled too

Agreed with the coaching, disagree with the legit WR comment. My main gripe is the lack of value we got in return. But I still say it plays out as a positive.

Agreed with the coaching, disagree with the legit WR comment. My main gripe is the lack of value we got in return. But I still say it plays out as a positive.

He had success with Minny planning a true wr going out on normal routes. What makes you think he can't do it now? I think opportunity. We will see in a couple weeks.

Because the dude is 5 11, an injury magnet, and not a crisp route runner. All he has is speed, and (at least in the pass, decent hands, but I dont think 30 receptions in the past 2 years is a big enough sample size to make a judgement on).

Being one dimensional in the NFL does not make a WR1.

Now, if he still can consistantly make the catches like he used to, I could be completely wrong. But in the two years he was here I have not seen it.

Because the dude is 5 11, an injury magnet, and not a crisp route runner. All he has is speed, and (at least in the pass, decent hands, but I dont think 30 receptions in the past 2 years is a big enough sample size to make a judgement on).

Being one dimensional in the NFL does not make a WR1.

Now, if he still can consistantly make the catches like he used to, I could be completely wrong. But in the two years he was here I have not seen it.

5'11" ? Hardly relevant in any way shape or form. Look around the league. What did you see last season you didn't like? Oh he pretty much didn't play till he just about scored every time he touched ball in Super Bowl. Oh well you guys are stocked with great wide outs to step in

Seattle at St Louis

I was going to spend some time on a state of the team and the issues at hand after the loss to Dallas. The Harvin situation completely blows that up. I have no idea how the team will react to the media circus the past few days, but make no mistake that this is a must win game. The Seahawks have just faced the leagues #1 most difficult schedule in the early part of the season, and face one of the easiest the rest of the way. However, if you fall to 3-3 and are looking up at SF and Arizona in the division, that's not pretty. As of right now, Seattle would not qualify for the playoffs. All the talk is that Seattle will run the ball a lot today and every game going forward. St Louis is 23rd in the league in yards allowed per rush at 4.5, and are allowing 6.4 yards per play on defense in all but one game this year. The Rams defense is struggling. Sure, St Louis played Seattle tough twice last season. While key players like Max Unger, Bobby Wagner, Zach Miller, and Byron Maxwell will miss the game, the replacements should be good enough, and we get the debut of Tharold Simon at corner, a kid that showed an excellent skill set in camp. I get the feeling the Seahawks take out some frustrations on St Louis. Sounds crazy, I know.

Seattle Seahawks 42

St Louis Rams 17

He had success with Minny planning a true wr going out on normal routes. What makes you think he can't do it now? I think opportunity. We will see in a couple weeks.

This. Bevell's insistence on using him only in gadget plays was maddening.

That being said, with his explosive anger and all the fights he was getting into (and almost getting into) his ass had to go. Hopefully it hasn't divided the locker room too much. Net loss for Seattle.

Inactives: Byron Maxwell, Bobby Wagner, Max Unger, Andrew McDonald, Luke Willson, Zach Miller, Jordan Hill.

Very thin at TE, with both Miller and Willson out.

Interesting that Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood are both active at WR, and Girl's Name is active at RB. Desperate times, I suppose.

Like last week versus the Cowboys, this is a great matchup to try to get Marshawn back on track. I see 20-25 carries for 115 yards, 20 yards receiving and a score.

I also like that Austin Davis has thrown three touchdown passes - to opposing defenders. Of the four interceptions he has thrown this year, three have been returned for scores and all have occurred in the fourth quarter of home games. The Seahawks only have two picks this season. They're due. I'm sensing two more picks tomorrow, one for a score.

The Rams are due for some sacks (only one so far this season). St. Louis has 19 sacks (29 QB hits) in four games against Seattle with DangeRuss under center. They are due. St. Louis gets to Russell for three (or more) sacks.

Seahawks 27, Rams 19

As for Percy:

If it is true that he punched Golden Taint during Super Bowl week, and/or if it true that he tried to fight Russell Wilson earlier this season, then he is a douche bag and shouldn't be rewarded with the opportunity to represent Seattle, the Seahawks, or the 12th Man. In a season that has given us Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Ray McDonald, and Adrian Peterson, if the reports involving Harvin/Taint/Wilson are true, than I applaud the Seahawks for washing their hands of a player with this reputation. Let us not forget the report that he physically assaulted his position coach while at the University of Florida.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-04-09/urban-meyer-florida-ohio-state-ncaa-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc#ixzz1rZgtzOmg

Second, he played in only 6 of 21 regular season games for the Seahawks. While his kickoff return in the Super Bowl was electric, the game was already a blowout when it happened. Take away his two fly sweeps and he was virtually held off the stat sheet (one catch, five yards). While this doesn't take into account other things the Seahawks were able to exploit simply because of his presence, it supports the argument that the Seahawks were able to get to the Super Bowl without him, and win it without him.

Lastly, "I'M IN" applies to every member of the Seahawks organization, from the ticket sales representative, to the equipment manager, through the coach and front office and team and up to the owner. If you read his book Win Foreveryou know Pete Carroll stresses no individual is bigger than the program. Those who think otherwise are dealt with. Apparently Percy was not "in. Exhibit A: taking extended time recovering from injury during the 2013 regular season, Exhibit B: reportedly pulling himself during the fourth quarter of the Cowboys game.

Wow, let's see what Seattle can do now riding Wilson and the passing game without a valid passing weapon on offense.

Wilson owner very concerned

To this point, Seattle has more total yards gained on offense than St Louis yet trail 21-3. Penalty yardage, special teams, and an illegal touchdown on a punt return can really impact a game. Lynch has no room to run. Time for Wilson to drop back and sling it. No other choice.

To this point, Seattle has more total yards gained on offense than St Louis yet trail 21-3. Penalty yardage, special teams, and an illegal touchdown on a punt return can really impact a game. Lynch has no room to run. Time for Wilson to drop back and sling it. No other choice.

Dude, Seattle is getting killed, take off the rosy colored glasses

As a Wilson owner I can't watch any longer

Dude, Seattle is getting killed, take off the rosy colored glasses

You are insane. Completely insane. How could you possibly think I'm wearing rosy colored glasses, based on that post, or any post EVER in a Seahawks thread? I'm stating statistics. And when you signal for a fair catch to throw off a defense, it's 15 yards.

Hi, I'm phillybear. Have we ever met?