Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks IN-Season Thread 2014-15***

Gents, may I introduce…Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford.

Explosive athlete and can be used at KR. Probably needs some coaching up on his route-running but reminds me a little of Randall Cobb. Maybe in rd3? Downside is, also a bit similar to Paul Richardson. So unless they think Richardson is never going to be what he was, maybe not differentiated enough to add value to the team.

Thanks for that Groundhog!

I'll look at him in more detail as the draft gets closer, but he looks very interesting. A guy like that really would fit a lot of needs at KR/PR, speed guy, another WR that we also need.

He looked like he had lots of speed, and what I liked was that he did every route. He did the P. Harvin routes and he went deep. Caught the ball in some trafic too. Pretty fluid hips too and even showed a bit of power at times when he knocked that guy's helmet off. Most importantly was the special teams play on kick return that we really need also.

I'll have to do more research on him later though - Injury history, etc ?

If Mathews can be our "tall WR" and continoue to be more involved and used like in the SB, then maybe he can fill the "tall WR" we need. A guy like this/Ty M. becomes even more important for us if so.

I really don't want to lose Kearse though. :(

He plays big! He also reaches the high point for our deep passing game. He's great at the deep/jump ball. Still young to get even better.

I dont think Kearse will leave. I think he has more value to seattle than to other teams. I'm not really sure someone else would really target him bigtime in free agency.

You know who else hits free agency this year? Both backup safeties, Jeron Johnson and Deshawn Shead. After the injuries to Kam and ET, I think getting those guys to sign on the line which is dotted…is pretty key. The strength of the D suddenly turned pretty uncertain in just a matter of a few weeks.

Seahwaks fans haven't been this upset since the Miami Heat lost in the finals... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:first:

:first:

ok I agree that was pretty funny, missed the original post. I salute trolling that is served with a sense of humor.

• Like 1

A lot of good points made. It is def gonna get harder for the Seahawks from here on out. Salary caps will make it hard to keep some players. Wilson's salary has been incredibly low. It'll sky rocket this year. Lynch might not be back so we will have to see how well michaels that role. Receiving corps will need help

Overthecap.com points out that the Hawks have $25 million in cap room heading into 2015, 11th best in the league. Meanwhile, the Ravens' Torrey Smith is a free agent this year, and the Ravens rank 24th overall with just $3 million in cap room. The Ravens also have almost $10 million in dead money in 2015 which is worst in the league. Put those two together, very possible that the Ravens might be cap-constrained and unable to keep Smith. Seattle has over $7m in dead money (Harvin I think) but the Hawks' situation isn't as bad because of the excess cap room.

Smith is only 26 years old, with speed to burn. Of course, he also didn't have a great 2014, with a lot of drops. Worth a shot? The better free agent-to-be is Maclin, but the Eagles have a far better cap situation, so he might not make it that far, AND would probably take more $$ to get.

Any of you guys take a look at wr Kevin White out of wv yet? This question is actually more of a fantasy football opinion, more than a seahawk one. But I'd like to hear some thoights on him if you got any.

Any of you guys take a look at wr Kevin White out of wv yet? This question is actually more of a fantasy football opinion, more than a seahawk one. But I'd like to hear some thoights on him if you got any.

I think this guy looks like the real deal. He's tall, good speed, good hands. Fights for the ball.

That said, I don't think this guy lasts beyond the midway part of the first round, so unless Seattle trades up, I don't think we have a shot at him.

Fantasy-wise, everything depends on where he lands. If Cleveland drafts him? Yeesh. You want a QB with the arm strength to send it deep for a guy like this.

What galls me is that we were all high on Joel Bitonio last year for the offensive line. He ends up runner up for Offensive Rookie of the Year, while we traded down and ended up with that stiff Britt.

We ended up with underwhelming Richardson and Norwood, neither active for the Super Bowl, instead of one of the thousand WRs drafted this year that were legit players and made solid contributions to the team. I predicted near draft day that we would take Moncrief, who ended up doing just fine in Indianapolis. Very early on, I thought they would take Benjamin, the tall WR we desperately needed, who did great in Carolina. I can go on and on....

So what do we still need? Offensive line help and WRs. Aaargh.

Is there any wonder why I pull my hair out when we draft in the early rounds? Nose hair. It's more painful.

Shouldn't we be transitioning to the Offseason Thread?

take 15-18mm a year out of the rest of the team.... Wilson is getting a Flacco contract. Few extra mill for Lynch and this team is going the route many other SB contenders went who put huge salary cap allocations to skill position players...

See the patriots don't do that... It'll be Blount, or Gray, or someone else. Spend the money in the trenches. Spend it in the defensive backfield. Kristen Michael isn't good enough to give them that flexibility.

Shouldn't we be transitioning to the Offseason Thread?

yes, but I forget where I left it. Probably right next to my car keys.

• Like 1

take 15-18mm a year out of the rest of the team.... Wilson is getting a Flacco contract. Few extra mill for Lynch and this team is going the route many other SB contenders went who put huge salary cap allocations to skill position players...

See the patriots don't do that... It'll be Blount, or Gray, or someone else. Spend the money in the trenches. Spend it in the defensive backfield. Kristen Michael isn't good enough to give them that flexibility.

I think Schnieder is doing a fine job as is. But fill out your application and hand in your resume and we'll see what happens.

That defense probably won't be the same anymore. With Dan Quinn and Ken Norton gone the hawks will have to replace them.

That defense probably won't be the same anymore. With Dan Quinn and Ken Norton gone the hawks will have to replace them.

That's what people thought when Gus Bradley went to the Jags. Carroll is the D mastermind. Losing these guys isn't a positive but there won't be much, if any, dropoff.

That's what people thought when Gus Bradley went to the Jags. Carroll is the D mastermind. Losing these guys isn't a positive but there won't be much, if any, dropoff.

USC fans will differ.

Your d!ck is in the preverbial punch bowl. Wilson wants to get paid. Welcome to the salary cap NFL boys.

A taste of success does that. Your window has closed. A play here. A play there. And now your playing with the big boys. Sucks but it's the truth.

Petey isn't the next coming of the answer. Great owner. Great GM. But you need the big three to stay on top. Petey is the wrong man at HC. He finds a way to destroy everything he touches. Sunday night was proof of that.

Couldn't happen to a bigger doosh than him. Out coached...again! Lost his players.......again. Lost the big game......again. Has the better talent and loses.....again. A pattern that suprises no one except those that rally behind him.

Only he could fawk up with that talent. His USC coaching arrogance caught up with him. Loser coach.

Could not have happend to a bigger doosh. He'll be back on a college sideline like Saban did sucking NCAA cack using his one ring as a recruiting tool. Carroll is a fraud.

Go away son, you bother me.

• Like 1

This. Plus I think Richard is a very talented coach. Norton has already imparted his ways onto Wags and Wright.

Hopefully Cable doesn't go anywhere.

:lol:

Even sucky franchises like Seattle and New Orleans have been capable of winning Superbowls. Vomit free too!

Spygate enough said....

I think Schnieder is doing a fine job as is. But fill out your application and hand in your resume and we'll see what happens.

hands are tied once you reach the SB a couple times and role players hit FA with the ability to cash in on the peak on their career.

Is it a question of one guy or is Turbin/Michael/?/Wilson "good enough"?

It will be interesting to see how they handle the tinder box that is Marshawn Lynch. Didn't they give him something like a million dollar bonus last season? You would think that something in that neighborhood might be sufficient (for one year anyway). What does Lynch really want? The typical guy is looking for the security of a longer term arrangement but Lynch is definately left of center in that regard.