Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Last minute thoughts on Andre Ellington?

Ugg....is Dwyer even worth starting? I cant see starting him in front of SJAX......and not sure i want to drop Hunter, Hyde, or McFadden for him.

Cant decide, cant decide cant decide

Ugg....is Dwyer even worth starting? I cant see starting him in front of SJAX......and not sure i want to drop Hunter, Hyde, or McFadden for him.

Dwyer is of minimum value as a start in week one; you drafted backups for exactly this reason and probably have someone better you can play on Sunday. Where he gains value is if Ellington misses more than a couple of weeks, and you start having to deal with more injuries, other starters underperforming, and bye weeks.

• Like 1

No, but Dwyer is worth ownin if you have Footington.

How long does it take to read an MRI!!!

I hear that..was taken yesterday....guessing they know what's up and just aren't releasing it yet...good or bad

Drop Shonen Greene for Dwyer? I've got no RBs (Miller, Hill, and Greene. Long story, there is a thread about it here).

Ellington was my RB3 so I wasn't starting him anyway, but I disagree that Dwyer is not worth considering as your RB2. It was possible that Dwyer was going to get a lot of the goal line carries anyway, and now he'll see a lot more work between the 20s. And this is still a very good Cardinals offense whose WRs will likely keep boxes clean for their backs. I'd start Dwyer over a lot of other RB2s.

I was smart enough to take Dwyer as a handcuff in my draft, but... now I'm unsure whether to use him or put Woodhead in as a replacement for Ellington.

I was smart enough to take Dwyer as a handcuff in my draft, but... now I'm unsure whether to use him or put Woodhead in as a replacement for Ellington.

Dwyer. He will likely get more touches against a worse defense and at home.

• Like 1

I think it'd be a timeshare between Dwyer and Taylor IF Ellington couldn't go. Dwyer kind of teased in Pittsburgh with a couple of decent games as a fill-in, but I'm not sure he's going to catch too many passes out of the backfield.

XTRA 910 Phoenix's Mike Jurecki suggests Andre Ellington's foot injury could cost him "4-6 weeks or longer."

Per Jurecki, "a lot will depend on how quickly he heals," which obviously isn't predictable. Fantasy owners should definitely keep their early-round draft pick rostered, but Ellington may not be usable for the first month of the season or more. Expect Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, and to a lesser extent rookie third receiver John Brown to open the season as Arizona's featured weapons. Jonathan Dwyer is expected to start at tailback, and Stepfan Taylor will mix in.

From Rotoworld.

I was glad when I got him in all three of my leagues. The funny thing is I have Ingram in all three to replace him. I would rather he sit out a month and get healthy than try to play on a bad wheel.

def bummed I took him 2nd round in my old high school league but glad I picked RBs for just a little bit less y than half my roster

My RBs are Lacy, Ellington and Rice.

Ever feel like your year was over Week 1? :cry:

Have both lacy and Ellington in one of my leagues. Gonna be bad year...

I feel your pain, too.

Rice was a given, but still an incredible run of bad luck. Since you have the magic touch, which QB is going down this week?

Rice was a given, but still an incredible run of bad luck. Since you have the magic touch, which QB is going down this week?

I have Cam and Dalton in my main league so you can count on the former to miss the game and the latter to get hurt. :doh:

Don't drop any of them for Dwyer, who probably isn't even as good as Stepfan Taylor. Decision made.

Any chance this is a smokescreen? This sort of came out of nowhere and there has been little actual medical reporting. He's had a history of a foot issue dating back a long time ago. I know that is unlikely, but the story doesn't totally add up...

The story doesn't add up for me. I'm guessing he starts Monday Night and since he will be on my bench he will of course blow up.

Have Tate starting over Andre. Agree re Stepfan Taylor being the more complete back.

The story doesn't add up for some because we don't want to believe he is out 4-6 weeks or longer due to spraining his foot during practice.

Face reality; he was most likely fool's good and MAY be worth something near mid season. He'll be hard to trust from here on out as he may reinjure his foot or they may cut back his carries to keep that from happening.

I hate to agree with Filthy but I think he is right. Duke is probably not going to be worth much with a damaged foot. I doubt this heals without some kind of residual effect.

Lol. I have two of them, but fortunately for me, I also have Ball, Jennings, and Ingram.

Any chance this is a smokescreen? This sort of came out of nowhere and there has been little actual medical reporting. He's had a history of a foot issue dating back a long time ago. I know that is unlikely, but the story doesn't totally add up...

It's a right wing conspiracy

Lol. I have two of them, but fortunately for me, I also have Ball, Jennings, and Ingram.

My team includes Cam, Lacy, Ellington and Rice. I will be starting Dalton and probably Jonathan Stewart after getting 8 whole points out of steady Eddie and Crosby on Thursday.

Good thing it's only a $250 buy in. :cry:

Pretty much only good news out of today's practice. Ellington was limited, but does not need surgery, and will be a game-time decision. So, if you have Dwyer (or Woodhead, I guess) you can wait till Monday night if you need to. I'll probably just roll with a backup, but it's extremely heartening that this now sounds like more of a one-week problem.

I'm a hopefull Ellington owner but mid foot sprains can be difficult to recover from. We have seen that recently with MJD, DMC, and Muarry. I think with the early bye week they let him rest until week 5.

I have Michael Floyd filling in for him at the flex but not sure if I'd rather have Floyd there or Dwyer

"Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Andre Ellington (foot) will be a game-time decision for Monday night's opener against the Chargers."

GTD and practiced today.

MRI came back clean. Tons if panic...

So, who rolled the dice and got Ellington?

"Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Andre Ellington (foot) will be a game-time decision for Monday night's opener against the Chargers."

GTD and practiced today.

Where did you get that info?

GTD and practiced today.

where did you get the clean MRI news