Sign in to follow this  
BigMilk

Does anyone draft AFTER the first game?

I'm in a deep auction league where a group of owners want to change the draft to the Saturday AFTER the Thursday night game due to scheduling conflicts. To me this seems absurd, but before I start on a rampage punching people in front of wives, kids and other family members, I wanted to get some feedback from the FFToday brain trust.

Anyone ever hear of this? It's stupid right?

Its stupid for sure, but if its unavoidable, what else can you do to keep the league going? Maybe do an email auction of all the Thursday night guys beforehand? Seems cumbersome but doable.

Draft tonight for my $500 14 team league.

I wasn't going to do any leagues but my crap ass $50 dynasty, but they roped me in.

I dunno. Feels blasphemous and wrong to do it after a game. If it was a $25 league i wouldn't care, but this is a $300 buy in. Would rather draft 3 weeks early than after a game. Will probably leave the league if this happens.

Cool concept. Draft after week 16 just a starting lineup. Tell me that wouldn't be interesting. You get 30 seconds to pick. Winner with highest year total..... Go

I've done this once before. The rule was you could start players who had already played. Everyone knew the stats so you could adjust your cheat sheets accordingly.

Not a fan. Unless some emergency came up the scheduling difficulties should have been made clear and draft moved a week earlier.

Isn't the date posted and agreed well in advance? If not I peg that a commish fail.

It is one game. it probably does not make a difference. Sure, if their is a big injury, it helps someone who would have drafted the affected player, but everyone has the same info. if it is unavoidable, what can you do?