Sign in to follow this  
@WeTlkFntsySprts

5 Great RB Matchups for Week 2

Week 1 was led by Le'Veon Bell's 19.85 fantasy points thanks to 197 total yards, and a TD. Marshawn Lynch (19.70), Mark Ingram (15.55) and Isaiah Crowell (13.60) were the only RBs with multi TD days. We highlighted 5 RBs we thought had bad matchups last week, and here are the results:
Eddie Lacy - 3.75 fantasy points
  • Suffered a concussion, gained just 34 yards on 11 carries and added 3 catches for 11 yards. James Starks finished the game.
DeMarco Murray - 13.65
  • Murray had a nice game against the Niners, rushing for 118 yards on 22 carries, scoring a touchdown. He added 3 catches for 25 yards. His TD came with the Cowboys down 25 in the 3rd quarter.
Giovani Bernard - 8.50
  • The Bengals entered halftime with a 15-0 lead thanks to 5 Mike Nugent FGs. Bernard finished the game with just 14 carries for 48 yards adding 6 catches for 62 yards. Jeremy Hill only took 4 carries away from Gio.
Doug Martin - 1.30
  • Martin left the game for a little with an injury, led the team with 9 carries, but gained just 9 yards! Bobby Rainey filled in with 4 carries for 12 yards, but caught a TD from Josh McCown.
Rashad Jennings - 12.80
  • Jennings gained just 46 yards on 12 carries, but managed to score a goalline TD. He added 4 receptions for 50 yards.
Jamaal Charles is projected to get the most points this week (11.93), but a matchup with this new Denver Broncos defense is not appealing to me, especially the way the Kansas City Chiefs offense operating in Week 1 against the Tennessee Titans.
LeSean McCoy @ Indianapolis Colts (11.22 projected fantasy points)
  • Darren Sproles saw 11 carries to McCoy's 21, which is NOT a number fantasy owners like, unless of course your own Sproles and not McCoy. Each back saw 6 targets. The Colts defense is not good, yet held Montee Ball to just 2.6 yards per carry. He did score a TD. The Eagles scored 34 points in the 2nd half of their strange win over the Jaguars, and an offense like that vs this defense is a dream come true for fantasy owners!
Adrian Peterson vs New England Patriots (11.61)
  • Peterson was outdone by his own teammate, Cordarrelle Patterson, who rushed for 102 yards (67 long), in a Week 1 matchup with the St. Louis Rams. Minnesota dominated St. Louis, but Peterson averaged just 3.6 yards per carry. The Pats are coming off a loss to the Dolphins in which they allowed Knowshon Moreno and Lamar Miller to each score a TD and saw Moreno average 5.6 yards per carry on 24 attempts. Could be a big week for AD.
Giovani Bernard vs Atlanta Falcons (10.56)
  • As mentioned above Mark Ingram rushed for 2 scores in Week 1, and that was against the Falcons. Khiry Robinson also rushed for a TD in that game and the New Orleans Saints backfield picked up 119 yards on 26 carries. We just have to pray the Bengals give Gio more than 20 carries this week!
Arian Foster @ Oakland Raiders (10.42)
  • Foster took 27 handoffs from Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 1 against the Washington Redskins, gained 103 yards, but failed to score. The Raiders allowed 170 rushing yards (71 long by Chris Ivory) to Chris Johnson and Ivory of the New York Jets on just 23 carries last week , so things are looking up for Foster in Week 2.
Knowshon Moreno (7.25) / Lamar Miller @ Buffalo Bills (5.16)
  • The Bills are coming off a HUGE win over the Chicago Bears in Chicago, but Matt Forte totaled 169 totaled yards, and caught 8 passes out of the backfield. He failed to score a TD, but was still very productive.and finished as the 10th RB in Week 1. Moreno and Miller are coming off huge games against the New England Patriots, and when the Dolphins Lazor version of the Eagles Kelly offense was clicking, they moved the ball with ease. Moreno took 24 handoffs vs Miller's 11, but Miller caught 4 of his 5 targets, one for a TD, while Moreno was not involved in the pass attack.
Rushing Yards - 20 yards per point
  • 1 points at 100 yards
  • 1.5 points at 150 yards
  • 2 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns - 6
.5 PPR
Reception Yards - 20 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns - 6

You know, it's pretty poor form to advertise your site and content on a competitor's site, another person's site, who provides similar content.

JMO

• Like 1

I love Gio, Ball, Peterson, and Foster this week.

I even thought about flexing Hill with the talk of more touches but I guess I should wait to see what happens first.

You know, it's pretty poor form to advertise your site and content on a competitor's site, another person's site, who provides similar content.

JMO

they allow you to have a sig for a reason no? i am not asking you guys to click anything, and i provided the entire post...if you like it and wanted more of the same, its just an easy way for you to get it

Did he plug his website? I'm in the mobile version and I didn't see it otherwise I would've given a smart ass reply.

Edit: ahhhh he had it in the sig. I Knew it was a copy paste job from somewhere. I concur poor form.

I love Gio, Ball, Peterson, and Foster this week.

I even thought about flexing Hill with the talk of more touches but I guess I should wait to see what happens first.

a bit early to flex a backup rookie no? so many options with all teams playing...wait for the bye weeks to flex hill

Did you also know that Lacy would have a concussion ? If so then I am sold . But if not you are just as good as I am .

Why did Gio have a bad game? He was over a hundred all purpose. You basically missed on Gio, Murray, and Jennings and luckily for you the other 2 were hurt and couldn't finish the games.

You sure you want to plug your site?

Why did Gio have a bad game? He was over a hundred all purpose. You basically missed on Gio, Murray, and Jennings and luckily for you the other 2 were hurt and couldn't finish the games.

You sure you want to plug your site?

last weeks post did not say they will not have success....it just highlighted their BAD matchup

Just to be clear, I have nothing against your site. In fact, I'll even check it out. More power to you! I wish I had gumption to do something like.

I'm just saying Mike works hard on his site and, I think, it would be the polite thing to do ask before you post content from your site to his and include links to yours. Maybe you did. I'm just saying.

Still, good stuff. The more discussion and the more to discuss, the better.

• Like 1

so I should start AP, Bernard, Mccoy, Moreno, and Foster this week???

thanks I'll get right on that, where would I be without this

this is almost as valuable as the NFL.com sit/starts

• Like 1

so I should start AP, Bernard, Mccoy, Moreno, and Foster this week???

thanks I'll get right on that, where would I be without this

this is almost as valuable as the NFL.com sit/starts

this is not a sit/start post..this is just highlighting RBs with great matchups and a reason for you to get excited if you own one of these guys....Eddie Lacy owners? Not so much

this is not a sit/start post..this is just highlighting RBs with great matchups and a reason for you to get excited if you own one of these guys....Eddie Lacy owners? Not so much

You mean he isnt a good start because of a concussion and going against a really good run d? Bold.

You mean he isnt a good start because of a concussion and going against a really good run d? Bold.

if you can't talk about good running backs with good matchups...or good running backs with bad matchups....what is left to discuss for week 2 RBs?

Moreno not be a sure thing to play this week. Plus, for some stoopid reason, the Phin coaches seem to want to keep Miller in the mix. They force fed Thomas before and now Miller. learn when to cut bait!

• Like 1

I'm starting Trent Richardson at home versus the Eagles on MNF in a Flex Spot over Ryan Mathews, Terrence West or Antonio Gates.

I actually thought Trent ran hard last week but the Colts had to abandon the run early do to the Broncos jumping out to that 21-0 lead. I forsee a shootout in the dome with the Eagles and think Trent gets greater than 50 yards rushing, at least one score and 4-5 receptions.

I'm starting Trent Richardson at home versus the Eagles on MNF in a Flex Spot over Ryan Mathews, Terrence West or Antonio Gates.

I actually thought Trent ran hard last week but the Colts had to abandon the run early do to the Broncos jumping out to that 21-0 lead. I forsee a shootout in the dome with the Eagles and think Trent gets greater than 50 yards rushing, at least one score and 4-5 receptions.

I agree. I think trent is much better than his numbers suggest. He gets hit in the backfield on most run plays. That line in indy is just horrid. I wouldnt start him against the eagles though. I would start west with confidence.

if you can't talk about good running backs with good matchups...or good running backs with bad matchups....what is left to discuss for week 2 RBs?

So the only rbs to talk about are the surefire good ones? You know that all 32 teams have rbs on their rosters right? Maybe you should steal some more material before you bring us your super predictions.

Heres one for you skippy, terrence west. Havent heard his name mentioned in sleeper talks for this week. Start another thread and tell us how west could be a good play in all formats this week. Then you may catch the eye of some of the readers here. I can even write it up and then PM it to you. You can just make up the subject and put your name on it.

So the only rbs to talk about are the surefire good ones? You know that all 32 teams have rbs on their rosters right? Maybe you should steal some more material before you bring us your super predictions.

Heres one for you skippy, terrence west. Havent heard his name mentioned in sleeper talks for this week. Start another thread and tell us how west could be a good play in all formats this week. Then you may catch the eye of some of the readers here. I can even write it up and then PM it to you. You can just make up the subject and put your name on it.

whats with the idea that i stole content?

also once again this is not a start sit post

^ this

what about chris ivory rb (NYJ) in a sneaky flex start against the Packers who gave up the 3rd most rushing yards last week... I know he's splitting time, but he's shown an ability to break long/physical runs

or

a bounce-back week for Toby Gerhart who goes against the redskins, who not only proved offensively inept (jax won't have to play catch-up) but also gave up 120ish rushing yards.

^ this

what about chris ivory rb (NYJ) in a sneaky flex start against the Packers who gave up the 3rd most rushing yards last week... I know he's splitting time, but he's shown an ability to break long/physical runs

or

a bounce-back week for Toby Gerhart who goes against the redskins, who not only proved offensively inept (jax won't have to play catch-up) but also gave up 120ish rushing yards.

right now on yahoo, Ivory is owned in just 51% of leagues and in just 12% of starting lineups

the Redskins allowed 103 yards to Foster on 27 caries (3.7 YPC) and 0 TDs

right now on yahoo, Ivory is owned in just 51% of leagues and in just 12% of starting lineups

Oh man, he has a computer!

I agree. I think trent is much better than his numbers suggest. He gets hit in the backfield on most run plays. That line in indy is just horrid. I wouldnt start him against the eagles though. I would start west with confidence.

:shocking:

Thanks for your input. Not sure why most everyone up in here is so anal.

• Like 1

he is not a relevant fantasy player...it's week 2 start the guys you draft

so what you're saying is, draft them AND start them too??

whoa....