Sign in to follow this  
Wil Infamous

Josh Gordon back for Week 10?

Ugh I need him for week 2. I still think you stash him till week 10. And why would it not include week one as time served

Yeah, not sure where they get week 10 from with time served...

file:///Users/wmonestime/Desktop/photo.PNG

Unless I'm missing something it would be week 10 because the bye week doesn't count week 4.

Assuming time served, an 8 game suspension puts him back week 10.

So to quote the group Gangstarr "the question remains"...is he worth stashing?

Already have Andrew Hawkins in a PPR league but wondering if its a pipe dream thinking Gordon will come back and be anything near what he was last year.

Already have Andrew Hawkins in a PPR league but wondering if its a pipe dream thinking Gordon will come back and be anything near what he was last year.

Do you actually own him anywhere? Or is he on a WW in any league at this point? I'm surprised in CBS it's still at around 86%. It will probably be 100% by the end of the day.

And have you seen him play, watched a whole game of his?

• Like 1

Do you actually own him anywhere? Or is he on a WW in any league at this point? I'm surprised in CBS it's still at around 86%. It will probably be 100% by the end of the day.

And have you seen him play, watched a whole game of his?

I don't know if he just magically comes back week 10 and is a monster. He showed last year he can be, but who knows what the shape of the browns will be at that point. Lot of variables at play here. For deep bench leagues, sure he's worth a stash. If you're playing with 4-5-6 man bench, had to stash him away, despite his upside. You need those slots to hold valuable players and churn as necessary for pickups and bye week nonsense. Payoff come playoffs might be huge, but there's a significant cost of letting him ride your bench for 9 more weeks...

Yes, another owner in my league dropped him after the first suspension news and I picked him up. And yes, I've seen dude play. I'm talking about rust and trying to work your way back into a team 10 weeks into the season. Not just 2 weeks like last year.

I don't know if he just magically comes back week 10 and is a monster. He showed last year he can be, but who knows what the shape of the browns will be at that point. Lot of variables at play here. For deep bench leagues, sure he's worth a stash. If you're playing with 4-5-6 man bench, had to stash him away, despite his upside. You need those slots to hold valuable players and churn as necessary for pickups and bye week nonsense. Payoff come playoffs might be huge, but there's a significant cost of letting him ride your bench for 9 more weeks...

Yes, another owner in my league dropped him after the first suspension news and I picked him up. And yes, I've seen dude play. I'm talking about rust and trying to work your way back into a team 10 weeks into the season. Not just 2 weeks like last year.

I don't think there's any question about it. He's beyond a good stash, he's a potential season changer.

I have my reservations about the switch from Norv as OC to the current regime and with Manziel as well, but Gordon came out the gates blazing last year. Last year I drafted and held Vereen all year and also picked up Andre Brown, to go along with Gordon who I had traded for, and whoosh right around Week 10 my roster was suddenly flush.

I hear the comment about the significant cost, but transport yourself to Week 10 and ask yourself what you will be willing to give then for Gordon.

And if you want to trade him (which I could understand) his value will get stronger closer to his activation date. Just my opinion but I think adding a potential top-5 WR to your roster at that time is just huge.

That's a long time . He can do a lot of stupid things by then .

If it's anything like this I won't feel like I missed out at all.

In any of the leagues I could have snagged him my benches are short and I'm just trying to hold onto the guys I drafted.

I don't think there's any question about it. He's beyond a good stash, he's a potential season changer.

I have my reservations about the switch from Norv as OC to the current regime and with Manziel as well, but Gordon came out the gates blazing last year. Last year I drafted and held Vereen all year and also picked up Andre Brown, to go along with Gordon who I had traded for, and whoosh right around Week 10 my roster was suddenly flush.

I hear the comment about the significant cost, but transport yourself to Week 10 and ask yourself what you will be willing to give then for Gordon.

And if you want to trade him (which I could understand) his value will get stronger closer to his activation date. Just my opinion but I think adding a potential top-5 WR to your roster at that time is just huge.

I've been one of the most vocal that JG would be back this year but I'm also not so confident he will be a monster. It was a perfect storm last year throwing the ball non stop in the Norv Turner offense. I drafted him in both of my leagues and was hoping that the suspension would be 6 games. I wouldn't drop him because that last guy on most benches has very little value and is more of a lottery ticket play. I will hold him and as the suspension gets closer to being up there will be teams willing to trade for him.

All that being said I think he has a solid schedule when he gets back. He might not be the #1 WR that some are hoping for but if I keep him Josh Gordon is going to look like one hell of a flex.

Week 10 will be here before you know it. If you are relying on Gordon now..you drafted poorly. On the lighter side I would rather have him back this season than not.

Just my opinion but I think adding a potential top-5 WR to your roster at that time is just huge.

This. :thumbsup:

I went WR-heavy based on our league rules, and even though I have Dez, Julio, Percy, Garcon, and Reggie Wayne, I'm STILL hanging on to Josh Gordon.

Could pay off huge come the last quarter of the fantasy season.

I picked up Gordon in two leagues. It will be tough to keep him rostered on one league due to a short bench.

Regardless, I don't understand why his suspension is being "reduced" to 8 games. If, under the new rules, he wouldn't have even tested positive at all, why isn't his suspension being lifted entirely?

The NFL is a joke because the punishments handed out have no consistency, rhyme or reason. Some players and coaches are suspended without being charged or convicted of anything, like Roethlisberger and S Payton. Some players get to play until the legal system plays out like Hardy and McDonald.

It's an absolute joke. That, and hits to a "defenseless" receiver, are ruining this game. It's almost unwatchable at this point, more maddening than it is fun.

I'll shop him but I really doubt the return coming back would be equivalent to what he will provide me at the end of the year.

Thinking the same. I know I have bye issues in Week 9, one week early :doh:

This is really simple for us Gordon owners. You hold on to him.....unless you start out 0-3, 1-4, or something like that. At that point you cannot afford to wait and should trade Gordon for immediate help. Or else you'll be starting him and already out of playoff contention anyway.

So HOLD, unless you start your season really bad, then get what you can and try to salvage.

Demerius, AJ Green, Gordon, lookout@#!#@!#@!@# :pointstosky:

This is really simple for us Gordon owners. You hold on to him.....unless you start out 0-3, 1-4, or something like that. At that point you cannot afford to wait and should trade Gordon for immediate help. Or else you'll be starting him and already out of playoff contention anyway.

So HOLD, unless you start your season really bad, then get what you can and try to salvage.

Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks!

I went WR heavy in my two PPR leagues and I'm holding onto him. I'm trying to get a good RB for him and threatening everyone with going into playoffs with three top 5 WRs if no one trades me. I think it's a perfect plan!

I'm willing to dish him off cause I really don't think he'll put up monster numbers at the end of the year

Gotta assume that, by that time, he will have Johnny Manssiere throwing to him. That may be a plus, because he is decent at avoiding pressure and giving WR's a chance to get open. Here is his schedule, if he comes back week 10.

10 @CIN,

11 HOU,

12 @ATL,

13 @BUF,

14 IND,

15 CIN,

16 @CAR,

I cant wait for the threads at the end of the year saying Gordon ruined their season. its gonna be some kind of treat.

I'm just posting one of my short bench rosters to see how I'd even hold him.

Qb-Cutler

RB-Murray

RB-Gio

WR-Roddy

WR-Wright

WR-Colston

TE-Pitta

Flex-Bush

Bench- Palmer, Ingram, Crabtree, Hunter, Crowell

Sure I could cut Crowell for him but am I really cutting Hunter-Ingram-Palmer when I need another D or Pitta misses a week or something?

I would rather have those guys than a maybe week 10 but that's me.

Browns coach Mike Pettine expressed some skepticism Friday that Josh Gordon will rejoin the team after his eight-game suspension is through.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Friday that Gordon's ban is expected to dip from 16 to eight games pending the approval of a new drug policy. "I'll believe it when I see it," were Pettine's words. The Browns likely view anything they get from Gordon as a 2014 bonus. Fantasy owners should have the same approach. Sep 12 - 1:26 PM

I cant wait for the threads at the end of the year saying Gordon ruined their season. its gonna be some kind of treat.

Not sure how that would work as he's my #5 in all 4 leagues. He'll tie up a bench spot, but that won't be a problem unless I have huge amounts of injuries.

And I'm sure if he knocks out 100 ypg down the stretch you won't concede anything.

I'm just posting one of my short bench rosters to see how I'd even hold him.

Qb-Cutler

RB-Murray

RB-Gio

WR-Roddy

WR-Wright

WR-Colston

TE-Pitta

Flex-Bush

Bench- Palmer, Ingram, Crabtree, Hunter, Crowell

Sure I could cut Crowell for him but am I really cutting Hunter-Ingram-Palmer when I need another D or Pitta misses a week or something?

I would rather have those guys than a maybe week 10 but that's me.

Only 14 roster spots? I'm assuming two others are 1 D and 1 K. In that case yes you cut Crowell. And when the time comes you cut Palmer for one week. I'd bet there are other QB's out there within Palmers tier in a short bench league.

I'd just rather have a week 10-16 lotto ticket than a back up QB or the 3rd back on the Cleveland Browns knowing Tate will be back week 4-5. :dunno:

I'm holding. As long as I'm in the playoff race, he'll be on my roster.

Exactly. It's all about the playoffs folks. You can go 12-1 and lay an egg first round and not win squat in some leagues.

If you have a good team right now and think you can make he playoffs as is, you hold onto Gordon for that extra bump in week 10 onward. If your team starts out slow and you are struggling, now then is when you trade Gordon for immediate help. But if you can hold him, why the heck not?

This is a pretty good set-up for Gordon owners. He's back for week 10. (hopefully nobody drafted him as a starting WR, so shouldnt be counting on him, and shouldnt need him to make playoffs), you'll have weeks 10-13 to see how they're using him, make sure he's in full stride, and then can decide whether to use him for the playoffs. Then adding a WR1 to replace your WR3 for a playoff run. He should be healthy and fresh as long as he doesnt do anything stupid between now and then.

That said, holding a guy for 10 weeks keeps you from using your bench to churn free agents/defenses/kickers/etc. I wouldnt trade for him at this point unless it was cheap, But looking to around week 5 when owners are getting wrestless and need some help during bye weeks.

If i had him, id shop around and see if anyone is willing to overpay . If i could upgrade my WR2 or WR3 for the full season, i'd probably rather do that than sock a guy away for 10 weeks.