Sign in to follow this  
futurecub07

Why is Bernard Pierce ranked so low?

On every site that I've checked, Bernard Pierce is ranked insanely low for week 3 and rest of the way rankings. Forsett had a good week 1 but he only got the playing time after Pierce fumbled. Last week, Pierce was clearly the top back and put up a good game. Forsett had a high YPC but that was only due to 1 long run.

Can anybody shed some light? It seems like Pierce should be much higher, especially since Rice was suspended.

Pierce is no lock to be the guy every week . Next fumble in comes Forsett .

Pierce is the guy. These ff sites are not experts. I feel very strongly they're just wrong having Bernard Pierce ranked so low. My advice and I just traded for Pierce: Start Pierce with confidence every week (depending on other options and matchups of course).

Pierce is the guy. These ff sites are not experts. I feel very strongly they're just wrong having Bernard Pierce ranked so low. My advice and I just traded for Pierce: Start Pierce with confidence every week (depending on other options and matchups of course).

To add to this, Pierce has all the skills to be a RB1 in the NFL for fantasy football purposes.

this just in, Pierce sucks.

signed Pierce owner

You're just wrong. Wait, you'll see what he does this year.

You're just wrong. Wait, you'll see what he does this year.

I hope so, I am starting him this week, but even watching last week where his final numbers looked good, I dont have much faith

hes like 7 carries for -5 yards so far this year in the redzone

this just in, Pierce sucks.

signed Pierce owner

This.

I continue to hold him because I do like the fact he received 22 carries. But he hasn't really been anything special since the Ravens SB run. Just don't think the surrounding cast....including the OL is as good as it has been in the past. Probably an obvious point...just think he needs his situation around him to be good to prosper. Don't think he's a guy who can do it by himself....and if he can't score TDs, he'll never be anywhere close to an RB1.

Having said all that, it does take time to get comfy in a new offensive scheme. Maybe the Ravens are just working out the kinks now and will get better as the year goes on. But right now....there's nothing to be all that excited about.

After earning the starting job it took Zac Stacy 6 games to start rolling. Pierce has started like 3 games in the NFL and he was banged up really bad when he played last year; new offense this year. Pierce is more explosive today then he was last year and is more explosive than Zac Stacy.

After earning the starting job it took Zac Stacy 6 games to start rolling. Pierce has started like 3 games in the NFL and he was banged up really bad when he played last year; new offense this year. Pierce is more explosive today then he was last year and is more explosive than Zac Stacy.

Explosive and Pierce should not be used in the same sentence. I'm an owner and watched him do nothing against a Pit D that was gashed by West/Crowell, until the end of the game where he broke off a couple of 10ish yard runs to pad his stats. I don't think that Baltimore is going to be pounding the ball with that many big leads. I also thought that Forsett looked far better in his few carries. Forsett isn't an every down back but he has earned probably 1/3 of the drives and all passing downs work. That leaves very little for Pierce. I expect a lot of 4-6 point games.

The words "explosive" and "athletic freak" are the most overused words on this board. That being said, I think Pierce is a nice flex with RB2 potential based on volume.

The words "explosive" and "athletic freak" are the most overused words on this board. That being said, I think Pierce is a nice flex with RB2 potential based on volume.

what if an 'athletic freak' has 'explosive' diarhea?

cool wit dat, homez?

no idea. Pierce is catching a lot of heat for 1 fumble and he has never fumbled before.

He is the better overall RB and his volume of touches last week lends to that. Pierce is getting an unfair shake and I think this will change in the next 2 weeks. He should be a serviceable RB2/high end RB3 going forward.

I managed to grab him off waivers (I was 6th in line so I was surprised to get him, goodbye Aaron Dobson). Overall though I'd say he's worth a roster spot.

The Ravens have more reason to at least see what he's got, since he could be their future #1, Forsett isn't a long term solution.

3 words

because he blows

Dude had 22 carries and 2 targets in last game... (goal line carries too). That's about 1/3 of BAL's offense.

I'm starting Pierce as flex over some decent WRs.

Pierce was so ineffective near the goal line they tried to sneak flacco from like 4 yards out, seems like a call made by a frustrated OC.

Don't forget that pierce missed most of spring training and was much less than 100% in week 1. Week 2 he was a bit better. Week 3 is when he goes off. After Rice went down no one grabbed him off waivers (they all fought for Forsett) and i think he will finish the season as a top 10 RB.

i'll take a 20+ carries back any day of the week. Even one on the hapless Jags. SHeer volume will have said back producing at a minimum rb2 level. If he gets lucky with a few extra tds, that's low end RB1 production. It's not like they're a juggernaut of a passing offense either. They're not a juggernaut of an offense period, so it's not like monte ball being in the best situation ever, but it's good enough. Roll out your assistas and whatever other flavor of the month, I'll roll bernard out every week as long as he's getting the touches...