Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Has an NFL team ever conceded game?

Don't think it's ever happened but maybe old timey goalpost in the middle of the endzone era had one.

Oakland Raiders have been doing that since they lost the superbowl!

45 men dress per team. How many injuries would it take for a team to concede? Would be funny to see... I wonder what the league would do if a team did quit?

45 men dress per team. How many injuries would it take for a team to concede? Would be funny to see... I wonder what the league would do if a team did quit?

I've seen teams where all their QB's went down and a punter or some such with college QB experience had to go in the game, but I don't think I've ever seen a team flat out concede.

I think the closest we got was the Interception-Touchdown with the substitute referees in the Seattle/GB game when they made the teams come back out to kick an XP to finish the game, which was ridiculous.

What's wrong with your memory?

Broncos did it last season in the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

What would happen, say if you had too many injuries, and just couldn't field a team anymore.

That is kind of what happened with the biggest college football blowout of all-time Georgia Tech beat a no name college 212-0. Georgia Tech was a power house back in the early 1900's. They had a game scheduled and the school they were playing wanted to cancel. Georgia Tech said noway, you must put a team out there. The school posted flyers around campus saying anyone who wanted to play could show up and play. They had a bunch of kids show up and just played the game. Hence, they tried to give up. Needless to say, the "walk ons" didn't fair very well.