Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

Week 7 Streaming D/ST

Now is the time to get Cleveland if they're still available. The gravy matchups start this week,

Jacksonville

Oakland

Tampa Bay

On paper at least, it's hard to get a 3 game schedule that looks that good.

Giants - have been steadily declining over the last 3 weeks, they play Dallas then have a bye, no thanks.

Green Bay - Packers have been feast or famine all season. That MIN matchup was amazing, but CAR and NOR then a bye, they're not worth picking up.

Cowboys - I can't believe I'm saying this but the matchups in the next 2 weeks are good, NYG then WAS. I have to assume that their division rivals will at least give them some trouble...

So really other than a flyer on the Cowboys, I think the Browns are the only D worth picking up for matchup play?

Someone dropped Houston last week in my league so I may go after them against PIT. But you can't overlook Cleveland due to their wk 7 match against JAX and their next two after that (OAK & TAM).

I guess the question would be, would you drop the Bears to pick up Cleveland, then hope to pick the Bears back up later in the season once their gravy matchups start in week 11 (MIN, TAM and DET (if the Lions are still hurting)).

Edit: If I do drop the Bears it's not likely I'll get them back, as someone will grab them on name brand recognition alone, however I would have no plans to start them over the next 4 weeks anyway:

Miami, @NE, Bye, then Green Bay.

Someone dropped Houston last week in my league so I may go after them against PIT. But you can't overlook Cleveland due to their wk 7 match against JAX and their next two after that (OAK & TAM).

I would take any defense with JJ on it. They won't get blown out every week and will be useful in matchup play.

PIT have been reeling the last few weeks.

Would you drop Cincy D for Cleveland? Otherwise I keep Cincy and drop Cordarelle P for Cleveland

No, I wouldn't.

I know they got blown up by NE then CAR last week, but Cincy\have a good late season stretch that is comparable to Cleveland's, after week 9:

Week 9 JAC
Week 10 CLE
Week 11 @NOR
Week 12 @HOU
Week 13 @TAM

4/5 look very good, especially for a playoff push.

If you need a win this week, would you pick up Cleveland D over Crowell, Holmes, and Antone Smith?

Also, no one's mentioned Tennessee or Miami. What's about them?

I grabbed Cleveland just now. After waivers process they were available. I don't use a waiver slot on D/ST.

I have Denver but toying with Dallas at home vs Giants who I think are completely rattled and now lost another weapon. And at home

murf I have Denver - I think I will try for Clev and drop Moreno, who I held onto for the entire year. The better question is - Denver's defense was it hyped up way too much. It is not bad, but lots of very average or below weeks...

I am thinking about picking up Dallas but memories of last year keep going through my head

I picked up Houston and used a waiver. Hopefully I won't have to worry about these streaming D threads anymore.

Got lucky and got Cleveland with my 3rd waiver. This will be my third streaming play vs Jax (other two being Indy & Pitt).

Start your studs with your position players. Play the matchups with defenses.

I put in a $1 bid for Cleveland, but I may up the amount after seeing that they have good matchups for three weeks.

I'm currently holding the Titans, who are not a terrible option as they are up against an average Washington team. I'd rather have Cleveland, but there's no way to know for sure that I'll win the auction.

If dallas can get to eli like philly did wow it could get ugly. Eli just falls down..hes a woman in the pocket. Thats why hillis played so many snaps bc they cant protect him and he has 0 pocket presence to begin with

Not sure how dallas pass rush has looked this year tho..

I wish Cleveland was available.

I ended up going with the Redskins against Tennessee. Considered Chicago and Baltimore. :dunno:

I have the Chargers and I think that I am going to have to go with the Redskins given the crap available on the wire.

I have the Chargers and I think that I am going to have to go with the Redskins given the crap available on the wire.

San Diego was just dropped. Didn't feel like waiting for them to clear waivers. SD vs. KC tends to be a shootout.

Have both The Patriots and Texans. Leaning more towards the Patriots at home on Thursday night vs the Jets. However, I'm hearing that Clowney is 50/50 to play this week, which makes the Texans temping against a struggling Steelers offense.

Any thoughts between the Patriots and Texans?

Have both The Patriots and Texans. Leaning more towards the Patriots at home on Thursday night vs the Jets. However, I'm hearing that Clowney is 50/50 to play this week, which makes the Texans temping against a struggling Steelers offense.

Any thoughts between the Patriots and Texans?

None whatsoever, Jets are imploding. Pats will dare Geno to throw the ball and they'll be happy to pick him off..I'm starting the Pats D with confidence.

Steelers on the other hand often rebound after bad games and will compete. Steelers have way more potential to do something positive than the Jets.

San Diego was just dropped. Didn't feel like waiting for them to clear waivers. SD vs. KC tends to be a shootout.

I think that WAS will be a better play this week. KC does not give up many points and SD is not that great. They just stunk against OAK.

None whatsoever, Jets are imploding. Pats will dare Geno to throw the ball and they'll be happy to pick him off..I'm starting the Pats D with confidence.

Steelers on the other hand often rebound after bad games and will compete. Steelers have way more potential to do something positive than the Jets.

:thumbsup:

I think that WAS will be a better play this week. KC does not give up many points and SD is not that great. They just stunk against OAK.

Whoever dropped them is probably smart, the best part of their schedule is behind them now, and they have a bunch of tough matchups the rest of the way. They'll get picked up based on past performance points, but they won't produce like they did in the middle of the season.

dropped broncos for clev in bidding waivers this morning. it took a last drive desperation geno pick 6 to save den defense this week. otherwise they've been a total disappointment and aren't worth using unless the matchups are great. which after these 3 weeks with Cleveland def, Denver actually picks up with a good schedule:

wk10-@ oak wk11-@ stl wk12-mia

dropped broncos for clev in bidding waivers this morning. it took a last drive desperation geno pick 6 to save den defense this week. otherwise they've been a total disappointment and aren't worth using unless the matchups are great. which after these 3 weeks with Cleveland def, Denver actually picks up with a good schedule:

wk10-@ oak wk11-@ stl wk12-mia

Risky, I don't know if you'll be able to get Denver back as your defense later.

Risky, I don't know if you'll be able to get Denver back as your defense later.

Denver has a couple of difficult matchups coming up with SF, SD, and @KC. we'll see if anyone buys and holds them the next 3 weeks. esp with all the byes coming up.

Would you take:

Arizonia @ Oakland?

or

Clevland vs Jax?

or I currently have Cincy.

Zona is a underrated defense, if they're available, I'd pick them up, they have some up and down matchups this season.

Cincy got blown up the last 2 weeks, and they're playing Andrew Luck this week...not a good play.

Cleveland at Jax looks like the best single game option, (plus they play OAK, and Tampa next).

Denver has a couple of difficult matchups coming up with SF, SD, and @KC. we'll see if anyone buys and holds them the next 3 weeks. esp with all the byes coming up.

True, it depends on your league format. We're forced to carry 2 defenses at all times, so I'm used to people stashing D's away on their bench for future matchups.

I would be wary of da Cowboys coming off a massive road win in Seattle. NYG are going to be pissed off. Who knows if they win but the Pukes are looking at a historic letdown game imo.

I would be wary of da Cowboys coming off a massive road win in Seattle. NYG are going to be pissed off. Who knows if they win but the Pukes are looking at a historic letdown game imo.

Romo will start to go full Romo in December when it really counts. Dallas D aren't worth picking up...that seattle game was a trap game to convince people Dallas are a legit football team.

Dallas just beat Seattle on their home turf and will run the ball down the Giants' throats til Coughlin's red face pops like a zit. Giants are now without their two best offensive weapons, a semblance of an offensive line, and they're playing away.

The Cowboys don't have the pass rush Philly does, but nothing scares me about Dallas D as a streaming option.

Rolling with BUF vs MIN this week! Wish me luck! :overhead:

Yeah this after CLE?Jax I would say.

Beware that @Oak matchup, that bit SD DST owners in the butt last week.

Dallas just beat Seattle on their home turf and will run the ball down the Giants' throats til Coughlin's red face pops like a zit. Giants are now without their two best offensive weapons, a semblance of an offensive line, and they're playing away.

The Cowboys don't have the pass rush Philly does, but nothing scares me about Dallas D as a streaming option.

Is this pro or con Dallas?