Sign in to follow this  
zackraslan

Is this a good trade? WHIR

I'm giving away Cobb, Ellington, B Oliver and Jordan Reed for Demaryius Thomas and Greg Olsen.

10 team no ppr with 1 flex

My roster:

Rivers

Charles

Foster

Marshall

Antonio Brown

Reed

Cobb

Novak

Lions d

Bench: Ellington, Ben Tate, Edelman, Keenan Allen, Oliver, josh gordon

The guy I'm trading needs rbs because all he has are mathews Jennings and ridley

• Like 1

If that is all he has at RB, it seems like you have more leverage. As is, he will get a zero at RB position. D Thomas is a jewel, but think you are giving too much for him.

By the way, you have a pretty darn good team!

I confess I don't read much on TEs, as my league plays 3 at WR/TE position. The elite WRs tend to outperform the TEs. If Olson is significantly better than Reed, then maybe.

I wouldn't. Personally, I don't look to help other people, so if he needs RBs that's his problem. Only do it if the trade helps you. I'd be extra cautious if this is someone you're going to play in the future or think you might see in the playoffs.

I don't think this trade helps you at all. In standard scoring Thomas and Cobb are exactly even with 73 points. So that really means you're trading to get Olsen. Granted, Olsen has been surprisingly great this year, but you just never know with TEs, and Reed did just have a 92 yard game so maybe he's back.

I think RBs, especially starting RBs are worth their weight in gold because you never know what's going to happen, whether they get injured, lose their starting job, have a terrible matchup, whatever. I do like Ellington a lot more in a PPR but at least he seems to have a total lock on that position unlike Oliver who you don't know what's going to happen.

I'd probably counter and say Cobb, Oliver and Reed for Thomas and Olsen. That way he'll have the starting Chargers RB whether it ends up being Oliver or Mathews. If he needs RBs so bad, he can offer more for a 2nd one. Aside from your TE being maybe not that great, you don't have any pressing needs.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=439173

Well my reasoning for this trade is I don't think Cobb can continue this production and I don't need both Cobb and Ellington. Also I'm willing to get the worse end of a deal if it helps my starting lineup but hurts my bench. I'd use one of my 2 roster spots to pick up knile Davis. But I will do that counter offer to see if he accepts it. And I wouldn't be doing it to help him.

Ellington is too good. Feel the upgrade at TE isn't that much.

I would try a Cobb + Oliver or then Tate and if no deal finally Ellington (last resort) for DT TE swap (or none). If you give 2 RBs get 1TE in return but keep Reed or a swap with one RB.

Its too pricey the TE deal convolutes or excuses giving up one more RB. I try that cheaper deal first rather have Ellington than Knile. But your deal makes sense if you get Knile for sure cause his value will be like Oliver when Matthews is back.

Other consideration is if he is a good team... I'm tabling top team trades let them sink for a while.

I've been trying to package Ellington and Cobb for an elite player all week and no one is interested. I offered them for AJ, mccoy, graham, dez, Bernard, Calvin and others. No one in my league realizes the value of Ellington and cobb

I'm giving away Cobb, Ellington, B Oliver and Jordan Reed for Demaryius Thomas and Greg Olsen.

10 team no ppr with 1 flex

My roster:

Rivers

Charles

Foster

Marshall

Antonio Brown

Reed

Cobb

Novak

Lions d

Bench: Ellington, Ben Tate, Edelman, Keenan Allen, Oliver, josh gordon

The guy I'm trading needs rbs because all he has are mathews Jennings and ridley

Looking at your roster . Can't help but think that you are the only person on the league that has played fantasy football before . You have a lot of top draft picks on one team . Is that the case?

No actually these guys are as experience as me. Oddly enough, the team I drafted wasn't that good. My original lineup was:

Romo

Foster

Ball

Cobb

Harvin

Reed

Ellington

Then I traded gore gates and Reggie wayne (guys on my bench) for Marshall and Keenan Allen. Also traded harvin and ball for A Brown and Charles. Then asiata to get rivers. Despite the negative feedback, I also did the trade mentioned above. My new lineup is:

Rivers

Foster

Charles

D Thomas

Brown

Olsen

Marshall

Novak

Lions d

I like the trade: Starter wise you go from Reed and Cobb to Olsen and Demaryius. I'm not big on benches. Yes, injury should be in the back of your mind, but Ellington and Oliver will not break your starting line-up. Ellington is not in good graces with the coaching staff anyway....his time may start to dwindle. Ben Tate, while oft injured, is a nice bye week fillin.

You upgrade your TE, upgrade to maybe the best WR in the game down the stretch....I like the deal. Improves your weekly points by probably ten points. I say do the deal.