Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

++ UPDATE: Giovani Bernard Hip Injury - Out Week 9

Left game in 4th didn't return. Had several injuries last few weeks should be interesting to see the severity of it. I have both gio and hill and wouldn't mind going to hill next week against jax as the only rb.

• Like 1

Gios ypc are terrible. Hill could easily be a far more effective fantasy back. Thier workload should swap even without injury.

Yeah I'm sure Gio's terrible Y.P.C. is in no way correlated to Green going down and is simply due to the fact that Hill is simply so much more amazing.

Yeah I'm sure Gio's terrible Y.P.C. is in no way correlated to Green going down and is simply due to the fact that Hill is simply so much more amazing.

Well you could check ypc with green it was bad then too

• Like 1

? I wouldn't call 4.3 and awful ypc

he has 446yds on 109 carries for 4.1ypc. but its worth noting 89 yards came on one carry. take that out he has 3.3ypc.

hill isn't a lot better but he has a lot of GL carries which lowers his possible ypc. he's at 3.5ypc.

either way I like hill as an everydown back more than gio because he can go between the tackles better and still catch balls as well.

Most weeks his YPC aren't bad, but not good either. I think the Bengals are misusing him. He was effective last year due to total yds, not just rushing yds. He's barely getting any catches this year. The Bengals should balance the handoffs between him and Hill, and give him more chances in the passing game.

he has 446yds on 109 carries for 4.1ypc. but its worth noting 89 yards came on one carry. take that out he has 3.3ypc.

hill isn't a lot better but he has a lot of GL carries which lowers his possible ypc. he's at 3.5ypc.

either way I like hill as an everydown back more than gio because he can go between the tackles better and still catch balls as well.

Take away Hill's long runs, and his YPC is terrible. Such an awful argument.

hill has a 90 yard complete outlier run? you ever take a stats course where you plot points on a graph and you draw a line to get the avg and theres this one point that's completely off so you throw it out? gio has that. hill's long is 13 this year. THIRTEEN. he has no outlier runs. his ypc is what it is. gio's is skewed.

hill has a 90 yard complete outlier run? you ever take a stats course where you plot points on a graph and you draw a line to get the avg and theres this one point that's completely off so you throw it out? gio has that. hill's long is 13 this year. THIRTEEN. he has no outlier runs. his ypc is what it is. gio's is skewed.

Hell, why run the ball at all? The worst yards per pass attempt in the league is at 6.01 yards? :doh:

Doesn't make it less of a ridiculous comparison. Gio has the ability to break those runs, but we shouldn't take that into account.

How many points does ypc score in your league?

Both good backs. Both are averaging around 4 ypc this season. Tells me its more the offensive line than anything. I know i haven't seen any running room the last 2 weeks. Hill has done absolutely nothing in the running game as well. He had one decent run last week in garbage time against a prevent. He got stuffed pretty hard at the goalline this week. Gio did as well the 1st time, got in the 2nd trip there. Be one thing if one guy was running wild and the other was getting stuffed time and time again. But the results have been similar with both.

^ This

Gio has 16 carries inside the 10 and THREE 1-yard TDs

Hill has 9 carries inside the 10 and ONE 1-yard TD

If Hill has "a lot of goal line carries lowering his possible YPC" then Gio has an even bigger issue with this.

Nice try!

Doesn't make it less of a ridiculous comparison. Gio has the ability to break those runs, but we shouldn't take that into account.

yes we should account for his long runs. But 90 yard runs are extremely rare and worth noting when looking at someone's average runs.

^ This

Gio has 16 carries inside the 10 and THREE 1-yard TDs

Hill has 9 carries inside the 10 and ONE 1-yard TD

If Hill has "a lot of goal line carries lowering his possible YPC" then Gio has an even bigger issue with this.

Nice try!

i'd be more interested in runs on 3rd/4th and short anywhere on the field or inside the 3 at the GL. Would take a lot of research though. I'm willing to admit I could be wrong on this but I would assume Hill would be used more often in those situations. at least with his build, he should be.

yes we should account for his long runs. But 90 yard runs are extremely rare and worth noting when looking at someone's average runs.

Not really, that's his game. He's a 2,3,1,-2,5,1,70 type runner. Barry Sanders was the most talented example of that.

i'd be more interested in runs on 3rd/4th and short anywhere on the field or inside the 3 at the GL. Would take a lot of research though. I'm willing to admit I could be wrong on this but I would assume Hill would be used more often in those situations. at least with his build, he should be.

He's not really. Hill gets a drive every 3 or 4 series it seems. They're not really used in specific situations.

He is used too much already

Gios ypc are terrible. Hill could easily be a far more effective fantasy back. Thier workload should swap even without injury.

For the first 6 weeks. 18 catches for 178 yards. His YAC? 177.

You are looking at the wrong stat.

Not really, that's his game. He's a 2,3,1,-2,5,1,70 type runner. Barry Sanders was the most talented example of that.

I would buy it but his 2nd longest run this year is 16. and going back to last year he had 2 runs over 20 yards (35 being the highest). so 89 is still a giant outlier when compiling his ypc. he may still become a HR hitter type like Barry but he's not there yet. I think his big play ability lies more in the passing game where he definitely has more 20+ yard plays.

He's not really. Hill gets a drive every 3 or 4 series it seems. They're not really used in specific situations.

ok thanks good to know. thought their usage was more situational since they are built differently.

For the first 6 weeks. 18 catches for 178 yards. His YAC? 177.

You are looking at the wrong stat.

I don't doubt his ability in the passing game. that's where he's most dangerous. i'm questioning his perhaps overusage as an everydown between the tackles type. Hill could maybe be the more complete back.

I don't doubt his ability in the passing game. that's where he's most dangerous. i'm questioning his perhaps overusage as an everydown between the tackles type. Hill could maybe be the more complete back.

Probably should use Hill more between the tackles and get Gio into space. That said, Hill hasn't really looked any different running between the tackles. He may even look worse. Yesterday alone, he got stuffed over and over again. The best the running game looked yesterday was the drive Gio jumped into the endzone. His running drove them down the field.

I would buy it but his 2nd longest run this year is 16. and going back to last year he had 2 runs over 20 yards (35 being the highest). so 89 is still a giant outlier when compiling his ypc. he may still become a HR hitter type like Barry but he's not there yet. I think his big play ability lies more in the passing game where he definitely has more 20+ yard plays.

That play last season against Miami was one of the most impressive things ive ever seen. 35 yards yes but he ran about 80 and would have went 80 if they were that far away lol.

Any updates on Gio as the WW deadline nears?

from what I've read/heard he will play but could see reduced workload, esp if cincy gets a decent lead. i'm honestly considering starting both gio and hill this week. my options are terrible though.

Just odd no real updates except for "doesn't appear to be significant injury" to hip! So what does that mean?!? He's not dennis pita but might be out for a few weeks? Or is it just a mild hip

Pointer and will be limited at practice but play this week?

Just odd no real updates except for "doesn't appear to be significant injury" to hip! So what does that mean?!? He's not dennis pita but might be out for a few weeks? Or is it just a mild hip

Pointer and will be limited at practice but play this week?

I wouldn't get so worked up over it. If he's playing, he's in your lineup. No indication of sitting so far.

Apparently it is a hip pointer and still dealing with the clavicle issue. Was not seen at practice at all... Not even on the sidelines.

Bengals aren't really talking about either...