Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Maclin, now with The Sanchize....

Being a Maclin owner and Jet fan who got to experience The Sanchize first hand, I am worried about Maclin's numbers going forward. Please talk me down off this cliff...

no matter who the QB is, Maclin wasn't ending the season with 1600 yards and 16 TDS

HTH

• Like 1

Well Foles is about 25th or worse QB so far this year in comp% , passer rating and yds/att. With the 2nd most Ints.

Basically he has sucked this year. Eagles just run a ton of plays so Foles has passed a lot to get stats he has.

I've seen plenty of the Sanchize and have had plenty of good laughs at his play at times. But he has had some pretty good games in his career too.

Kelly seems to have him confident right now. Seems like he could manage to about match Foles' crappy numbers on the year. :dunno:

Being a Maclin owner and Jet fan who got to experience The Sanchize first hand, I am worried about Maclin's numbers going forward. Please talk me down off this cliff...

I can't . It's going to be different

Honestly, as an Eagles fan, I really don't see a drop off from Foles to Sanchez. It could even turn into an improvement. As The Hood pointed out, Foles has not been good this year. The only QB's with worst completion percentages that have thrown at least 200 passes this year are Hoyer, Glennon, Newton, and Geno Smith. The only QB with more interceptions is Blake Bortles. The only QB's with lower yards per attempt (minimum 200 attempts) are Wilson, Alex Smith, Tannehill, Bortles, Carr, and Geno Smith. Lower QB rating is Newton, Carr, Bortles, and Smith. Again, Nick Foles has NOT been good this year. He has struggled with his mechanics and made a lot of poor decisions.

I'm not expecting Sanchez to light the world on fire, but honestly, read the above paragraph. Chip Kelly's offense is tailored to get the most out of his QB's. They play fast and it's great for fantasy numbers. I wouldn't drop Maclin down at all personally. He had about 100 yards and a TD yesterday in 3 quarters of Sanchez at QB.

• Like 1

Does this help ertz any?

While I don't agree with it, Ertz only played 24 snaps yesterday. He is not a big part of their game plan right now even though he is their best red zone threat. Tough to trust anyone playing that few snaps.

I kinda see this situation playing out similar to what happened in Chicago last year. I'm not saying that Sanchez is about to go on a McCown like run of stud performances but I wouldn't be the least bit worried about any Eagles skills players. Like McCown last year, Sanchez is walking into a great situation where the system/coach are beneficial to his success and the pieces are there for him to succeed.

I kinda see this situation playing out similar to what happened in Chicago last year. I'm not saying that Sanchez is about to go on a McCown like run of stud performances but I wouldn't be the least bit worried about any Eagles skills players. Like McCown last year, Sanchez is walking into a great situation where the system/coach are beneficial to his success and the pieces are there for him to succeed.

Agreed. I honestly think Sanchez will be better for Maclin. Foles has been missing Maclin a lot. Through the first like 7 games, Maclin was getting about 5 catches with 15 targets. Foles has been inaccurate and has made poor decisions. I don't see Sanchez being any worse. Sanchez filled in pretty well without any practice with starters. Getting reps with Maclin and the bunch, I think Sanchez will succeed in this offense. Significantly better offense and weapons than Sanchez ever had in NY.

I just got an offer today to give up McCoy and get Macklin.

Think I'm gonna take it.

More runs less throwing.

Foles was throwing 50-60 times a game that will change

If they run it more, it will be because their offensive line is slowly getting healthy with Kelce and soon Mathis back, although now Herremans is in doubt.

But I don't think Chip Kelly changes his play calling at all because of Sanchez. If anything, he might trust Sanchez more in certain situations.

I just got an offer today to give up McCoy and get Macklin.

Think I'm gonna take it.

The other guy = smarter than you.

The other guy = smarter than you.

You say this without knowing my current roster = you not mensamind so much

Sanchize did "lead" the Jets to back to back AFC Championship games back in the day. Not saying he's great but maybe the move to philly will help him recapture some of that magic :dunno:

You say this without knowing my current roster = you not mensamind so much

:)

You have a good point. What's your roster? In my defense, you made the statement in the context of Sanchez' effect on them both.

I believe that Philly's O line is going to get better in the next couple of weeks. That bodes extremely well for McCoy, which makes keeping him far less risky than trading him for Maclin, as the dynamic between QB and WR is more frail (IMO) than the dynamic between QB and RB.

Now that he's no longer on the sucky Jets, Sanchez probably will be a very good QB. In fact I suspect he will replace Foles for good. Kelly loves him after all, and Kelly is pretty good about figuring out offensive talent.

I am a lifelong jet fan and said the day Sanchez went to Philly that he'd get a chance to start this year and light it up. Jets are terrible at grooming QBs and haven't had a legitimate offensive weapon to pair with a QB since Curtis Martin.

Any more thoughts here?

How abiout Sanchez' ability to hit the deep ball? I saw Maclin had one 52 yard pass from Sanchez last game, but that's his bread and butter.

all of a sudden the eagles O line is healthy and ready to go... as long as the sanchize can handle the uptempo he will be fine... I see him being incredibly efficient with about 250ish 2TDs and 20 rushing yards per game... all the perks in playing an extremely uptempo pace with a great RB and suddenly healthy O-line... I think maclin keeps a decent clip, with an uptick to mccoy... I think Matthews/ertz/ and cooper will be hurt most by this move.

no matter who the QB is, Maclin wasn't ending the season with 1600 yards and 16 TDS

HTH

:clap:

I may be slightly concerned. Ask me again after another game with Sanchez.

Yeah hard to say after that game, it's not like Sanchez had a bad game or couldn't get the ball to Maclin, he just had no problem hitting other receivers. I own Maclin so I'm not panicking, but if Matthews has another high target game and Maclin is an afterthought it may be concerning.

Sanchez seems to have pretty good chemistry with him, so I've put in a claim. Why not, can't hurt.