Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

National Debt tops $18 Trillion

All hail the central bank

All hail the Rothschilds

44 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Newbie is a soothsayer?! :shocking:

Well, not really.  The reason the deficit climbs is because yearly, it gets more and more expensive to fund Democrat policies.  The only people that don't see that, are pretty foolish.  I think the term we use to identify those people, is "Democrats".

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The problem that I have with this is that if you get a good person in office, then you're forced to remove that person after a certain period of time.  You could be forced to vote for a lesser person.

But even this thinking if flawed.

Congress's approval rating is at 25%. Both chambers are full of multi-term geezers. These clowns keep getting re-elected - why? They keep getting re-elected bcoz voters think "their" guy is good. If left up to the voting populous to determine who is and isn't good - it will never correct itself. 

Easy fix

1. cut off all safety net social programs. 

2. Every February 29th purge the poorest 1% of the population. 

Overtime you will see less and less lazy motherfockers, less homeless, and less poor people. Its a win for everyone. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

But even this thinking if flawed.

Congress's approval rating is at 25%. Both chambers are full of multi-term geezers. These clowns keep getting re-elected - why? They keep getting re-elected bcoz voters think "their" guy is good. If left up to the voting populous to determine who is and isn't good - it will never correct itself. 

That's a separate argument.  I would say that 100% of all Democrat politicians suck because, well they do.  People like Worms would say that 100% of the Republican politicians suck, because he's wrong.  In the end, that's 2 people who say that all politicians suck.  Do I like all Republican politicians?  No.  I'm not a fan at all of Mitch McConnell, but aside from him, of the other one's I've heard from, I like them.  Other than a few select Democrat politicians, who at least seem reasonable (even though I may disagree with - to which I won't say they suck), the rest are just hateful people.

That said, Republican's don't support the idea of funding social programs that have no specified end in sight with a dollar amount of total expenditure.  Democrats never look at that aspect.  Their solution as to why their social program didn't work was because not enough money was spent... and not the common sense though of... the program didn't work because it was a bad idea.

7 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Easy fix

1. cut off all safety net social programs. 

2. Every February 29th purge the poorest 1% of the population. 

Overtime you will see less and less lazy motherfockers, less homeless, and less poor people. Its a win for everyone. 

If you are not contributing to society, ie 'a one way valve's, you are exterminated. Watch how fast these lazy fockers get up and get a job.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's a separate argument.  I would say that 100% of all Democrat politicians suck because, well they do.  People like Worms would say that 100% of the Republican politicians suck, because he's wrong.  In the end, that's 2 people who say that all politicians suck.  Do I like all Republican politicians?  No.  I'm not a fan at all of Mitch McConnell, but from the one's I've heard from, I like them.

That said, Republican's don't support the idea of funding social programs that have no specified end in sight with a dollar amount of total expenditure.  Democrats never look at that aspect.  Their solution as to why their social program didn't work was because not enough money was spent... and not the common sense though of... the program didn't work because it was a bad idea.

You're making the argument of Rep v. Dem here - not one one of term limits though.

Which goes back to my point - your suggestion is subjective... i.e. All the Reps I like have unrestricted terms, those I don't - are limited to 2 terms.

Just now, Cruzer said:

You're making an argument of Rep v. Dem here - not one one of term limits though.

Which goes back to my point - your suggestion is subjective... i.e. All the Reps I like have unrestricted terms, those I don't - are limited to 2 terms.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the money aspect.

On the term limits issue, I'm fine across the board.  If there's a democrat out there who, while foolish, likes their representative, they should be able to have him/her as an option.  I don't think people should be forced to vote for someone they may not like.  Now, I would be ok with forced opponents for primaries.  Meaning, that after you've served for "x" number of years, you must run opposed in your primary and there must be at least 1 televised debate.  Now of course, those debates don't need to be national as only the people in their district can vote for them, but they need to be available to their constituents.  At least if you hear someone else's thoughts and ideas, then you may find a representative you like better.  It's better than being force fed a candidate you may not like.  As an example, I like Ben Carson.  If I lived in his district, I want the option to keep him as my representative.  I don't want to forced to have to move on from him... but, if someone else were to go toe-to-toe with him, then I'd at least have the opportunity to see if I like that someone else.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about the money aspect.

On the term limits issue, I'm fine across the board.  If there's a democrat out there who, while foolish, likes their representative, they should be able to have him/her as an option.  I don't think people should be forced to vote for someone they may not like.  Now, I would be ok with forced opponents for primaries.  Meaning, that after you've served for "x" number of years, you must run opposed in your primary and there must be at least 1 televised debate.  Now of course, those debates don't need to be national as only the people in their district can vote for them, but they need to be available to their constituents.  At least if you hear someone else's thoughts and ideas, then you may find a representative you like better.  It's better than being force fed a candidate you may not like.  As an example, I like Ben Carson.  If I lived in his district, I want the option to keep him as my representative.  I don't want to forced to have to move on from him... but, if someone else were to go toe-to-toe with him, then I'd at least have the opportunity to see if I like that someone else.

Some good points.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, not really.  The reason the deficit climbs is because yearly, it gets more and more expensive to fund Democrat policies.  The only people that don't see that, are pretty foolish.  I think the term we use to identify those people, is "Democrats".

Not the unnecessary wars and tax cuts for the ultra-rich? Interesting 

36 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Not the unnecessary wars and tax cuts for the ultra-rich? Interesting 

Wars aren't as expensive any more, as they're more technologically driven.  Also, the tax cuts for the ultra-rich, while massive over exaggerated, has been proven to improve the market, job growth, and wages (except when Democrats are in charge - interesting... no?).

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wars aren't as expensive any more, as they're more technologically driven.  Also, the tax cuts for the ultra-rich, while massive over exaggerated, has been proven to improve the market, job growth, and wages (except when Democrats are in charge - interesting... no?).

Lol all around 

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Unfortunately, you can't cut spending on those focking social programs. It'll never happen. Stop increasing and adding can be done however.  

47 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Unfortunately, you can't cut spending on those focking social programs. It'll never happen. Stop increasing and adding can be done however.  

Agreed.  Just stating what the real cause of the problem is.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed.  Just stating what the real cause of the problem is.

You're right. 

Logan's Run. Only not with age, but rather a desire to be a productive part of a capitalistic and therefore a productive part of society.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, NorthernVike said:

True.

BTW how you doing fuckstick?

Living the dream every day broham.  You?

Ah, the good ole days of $18T. 🤣 Closing in on a double.

They are doing their standard dickdance right now. 

When I was in my 20s, I was anticipating a major debt related collapse sometime in my lifetime. It's one of the reasons I left the country. For the past thirty years I've been anticipating the moment that Wile E Coyote looks down ... and it's never come yet. 

Clearly, I am no expert and was wrong. The economy is far more resiliant than I gave it credit for. This seemingly smoke-and-mirrors situation has only continued to be unresolved and seems ready to continue indefinately. I've no idea how far we can go without sinking in the sea of red ink. Maybe there is no risk, whatever has been keeping the economy afloat has continued to do so.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

When I was in my 20s, I was anticipating a major debt related collapse sometime in my lifetime. It's one of the reasons I left the country. For the past thirty years I've been anticipating the moment that Wile E Coyote looks down ... and it's never come yet.

That's because you can't just look at debt.  You need to look at assets, too.  The total value of the assets of the US is like many many many quadrillions of dollars.  Even with the national debt at $30 trillion, its pennies compared to our assets.  Its like screaming at someone for running up $50 in debt when they own a home, car, and have a few million in the bank.  If the US wanted to pay it off, it could just auction off a microscopic slice of its assets.

Now, the problem will be if it shoots from $30 trillion to closer to a quadrillion.  Which they might do.  I don't want to say its not a concern.