Sign in to follow this  
Sal6482

++ UPDATE: ATL Homers. What's the scoop on Julio's hip? - Out Wk 15

Julio came up enormous and then some Sunday night until that freaking injury. The hit itself certainly didn't look too bad but it obviously affected his hip bad enough. Anyone in the ATL with any good insight or info yet on the hip or how serious it might be? This is yet another big game for Julio, the Falcons, and let's face it, all his fantasy owners.

Keeping the faith...! Thx!!

I was going to drop White this week. It's been delayed.

Wow that's ballsy let all of us know how that works out for you it's week 15 now I hope you make the super bowl because of roddy... ***grabs popcorn

I'll let you know if I get my guy with #2 priority.

As a Roddy White owner last year, I feel it is only fair for me to be on the 'good' side of a Falcons WR decoy for once.

• Like 1

Luckily, because of the putrid NFC South, Atlanta is firmly in the playoff hunt. As a result, if he can play - he will play.

It was, admittedly, pretty disconcerting to see him looking so gimpy and in pain on the sideline the other night, but it looked like he really did want to get back in the game....so he is not a wuss. We need to hear confirmation that it was just a hip bruise, and not a pointer....or something worse.

If the Falcons season was over (as it would be in any other division), then I bet they would put the brakes on Julio....but they believe they are still playing for a title, so if it is just a matter of pain management then Julio plays and continues to get force-fed the ball against a leaky Pitt secondary...just how we like it..

Winning this week could maybe help in the long run but Falcons finish with Saints and Panthers. Win those 2 and they win division. So this week is not must win for them. Could allow them to use more caution with Julio this week. :dunno:

Winning this week could maybe help in the long run but Falcons finish with Saints and Panthers. Win those 2 and they win division. So this week is not must win for them. Could allow them to use more caution with Julio this week. :dunno:

\

that's not how it works brah. It works quite the opposite actually. if he's even remotely able to play, they'll roll him out there. Atlanta is not a lock to beat anyone any given week. They are fighting tooth and nail every game to sneak into the playoffs, where anything can happen...

Missed practice today. Falcons are not being forthcoming about his injury. Something fishy?

Missed practice today. Falcons are not being forthcoming about his injury. Something fishy?

smith's an injury nazi

Hopefully, he'll get a full practice by Friday and we'll have some clarity. One thing is for sure....if he can go, he will go....but the shroud of secrecy around this (non) injury is cause for concern. He was yanked out of a game Monday that they could have possibly won, had he kept torching them.

This is a must-win game for Atlanta at home against a Steeler team that is vulnerable through the air, and they have finally figured out that Julio IS the key to their success. He almost single-handedly beat GB.

However, the fantasy playoffs is not the time for iffy-ness. Gotta hope for some clarification, and not Orange Julius type of clarification, where he suits up just to make the defense game-plan for him all week, and gives his owners a fat zero on the sideline. I will need a "practiced-in-full" before he sees my starting lineup.

He will be fine. Didn't look to happy about getting sat down Monday night. I think if Green Bay wouldn't have scored that last TD he would have continued to play. After that Atlanta was toast and Jones was sore so they made a decision to give him a break. Atlanta knew going in they wouldn't lose any ground in the division race if they lost, once a win was out of reach they made a business decision to save Jones for games that matter. It would have been awesome to see what kind of numbers he would have ended up with if he would have finished the game. He is a man among boys and I have no doubt he finishes the next two games with record setting numbers. Best fantasy position player in the league not playing QB.

I have no doubt he finishes the next two games with record setting numbers. Best fantasy position player in the league not playing QB.

Hope you're right.....but L. Bell might give him a run for his money.

Hopefully, he'll get a full practice by Friday and we'll have some clarity. One thing is for sure....if he can go, he will go....but the shroud of secrecy around this (non) injury is cause for concern. He was yanked out of a game Monday that they could have possibly won, had he kept torching them.

This is a must-win game for Atlanta at home against a Steeler team that is vulnerable through the air, and they have finally figured out that Julio IS the key to their success. He almost single-handedly beat GB.

However, the fantasy playoffs is not the time for iffy-ness. Gotta hope for some clarification, and not Orange Julius type of clarification, where he suits up just to make the defense game-plan for him all week, and gives his owners a fat zero on the sideline. I will need a "practiced-in-full" before he sees my starting lineup.

No reports of MRI etc is encouraging.

I live in ATL, and heard Smittys presser today where he mentioned Julio...said he was hopeful Julio would be able to play and reminded people that Julio is one of those players that does not need to practice much to be able to play. Falcons feel like they need to win every game, so he'll play even if he's not 100%. Given how terrible Pitt's D is, if I owned Julio and he was playing, I'd start him.

i don't like the sound of this

Julio Jones (hip) remained sidelined Thursday.

Speaking afterward, coach Mike Smith said there is a "good chance" Jones is ready for Sunday's game against the Steelers, but that he'll be a game-time decision. All in all, it's good news, but Smith has proven utterly worthless with his injury updates. He doesn't deal in the truth with the media. Jones will be a must start if he's active, but fantasy owners have to have a back-up plan ready for the semifinals.

- can't link from my mobile, but a couple of the yokels up in the Julio thread on RW have posted more encouraging blurbs.

best case scenario looks like gtd, but a GO

If you're playing on Fanduel or Draftkings, would you really take a chance on a player who's not 100%?

Another good hit or fall and he's out of the game. With BIG money on the line, I rather go another route with a player who's healthy.

JMO

• Like 1

If you're playing on Fanduel or Draftkings, would you really take a chance on a player who's not 100%?

Another good hit or fall and he's out of the game. With BIG money on the line, I rather go another route with a player who's healthy.

JMO

Nobody even knows his real injury yet. Not all info is out yet to make a decision. If it's pain tolerance a shot will do but if he can't move that's different

Nobody even knows his real injury yet. Not all info is out yet to make a decision. If it's pain tolerance a shot will do but if he can't move that's different

that's the problem "No News".....just scares me away, especially if he's going to be a decoy ala Calvin Johnson.

JMO

I'd seriously avoid that situation man; especially for his price tag.

• Like 1

I'd seriously avoid that situation man; especially for his price tag.

Yup....agree

DraftKing has him at $7,800 which is not bad if he was healthy.

I would imagine it would be hard to run full speed that way. :lol:

hopefully he doesn't trip, then we're talking 2-4 weeks with a sprained johnson

hopefully he doesn't trip, then we're talking 2-4 weeks with a sprained johnson

Actually, if he ran with a "Johnson", he would be unstoppable. Nobody would want to cover or tackle him...LOL

• Like 1

Actually, if he ran with a "Johnson", he would be unstoppable. Nobody would want to cover or tackle him...LOL

isn't his nickname tripod?

- I say 5% chance he goes, and, if he does ... he is a Calvin-esque decoy.

AND FM F'N L

Based on?

Based on?

all the info I've crammed since Tuesday ... too much fockin' smoke for this not to be a dumpster fire.

I say he sits, and I'm focked.

I go one further, even if he's active (remote shot), he sits for my magik foosball squad.

Mason already bent me over, my arse is too sore for Julio to do likewise.

hth.

Smells way too much like Roddy during the first half of last year. And that was no good for anyone- except Harry Douglas owners.

Roto just reported he can barely run and would be a decoy. That's all I needed to hear.

• Like 2