Sign in to follow this  
TK0001

The Sanctuary is broken

As an FYI, the place where the Sanc is/was hosted may be in a money crunch.

Things changed shortly after Rodney left their employ a while back. Katchop.com is hosted there, and despite the fact that I don't do much with it and it's pretty dormant, the Duptel folks keep sending me notices about the 'large amount of traffic' the site gets and they're always looking for more money. A lot of hard sell stuff.

The site went dark yesterday around the same time the Sanc did, but then came back up a little while later.

Conversely, Slantshirts.com doesn't use Duptel, I use the same hosting company that Duptel uses (thanks Rodney!). For 1/2 the price I get a more robust server, more bandwidth and their support dudes are on top of things.

Katchop.com is hosted there, and despite the fact that I don't do much with it and it's pretty dormant, the Duptel folks keep sending me notices about the 'large amount of traffic' the site gets and they're always looking for more money. A lot of hard sell stuff.

Oh, so this is your fault! :madflip:

Things changed shortly after Rodney left their employ a while back. Katchop.com is hosted there, and despite the fact that I don't do much with it and it's pretty dormant, the Duptel folks keep sending me notices about the 'large amount of traffic' the site gets and they're always looking for more money. A lot of hard sell stuff.

The site went dark yesterday around the same time the Sanc did, but then came back up a little while later.

Conversely, Slantshirts.com doesn't use Duptel, I use the same hosting company that Duptel uses (thanks Rodney!). For 1/2 the price I get a more robust server, more bandwidth and their support dudes are on top of things.

Yeah, I think I'm going to switch my site to a different host, if I can. Now that I'm off the Rodney plan, I think I can go to a much more simple to use site for a lot cheaper.

What is the backend?

Yeah, I think I'm going to switch my site to a different host, if I can. Now that I'm off the Rodney plan, I think I can go to a much more simple to use site for a lot cheaper.

What site? Testicles is down too?

What site? Testicles is down too?

No, still running strong since I agreed to pay. They still have to bill me though.

First time hearing the name Duptel. Different from Digital Solutions? oh, and what's the hosting company your shirt site is on?

Orgazmo doesn't know about Duptel Solopons? Man he really should (have) post(ed) more.

Orgazmo doesn't know about Duptel Solopons? Man he really should (have) post(ed) more.

Duptel Solopons is focking Sanctuary legend. It saddens me that he doesn't know.

What it come from? I know Rodney posted a picture that had a tiny computer monitor on it with his company's logo, but I can't remember why or who initially read it as Duptel Solopons.

Duptel Solopons is focking Sanctuary legend. It saddens me that he doesn't know.

What it come from? I know Rodney posted a picture that had a tiny computer monitor on it with his company's logo, but I can't remember why or who initially read it as Duptel Solopons.

I never got it. Same with the helecopter t!ts thing. you probie, just shut up.

toosbrah, I should come clean.

I really hated it over there and spent most of my time lurking over here, silently high-fiving posts from drobeski and edjr.

:unsure:

toosbrah, I should come clean.

I really hated it over there and spent most of my time lurking over here, silently high-fiving posts from drobeski and edjr.

:unsure:

I should have known you were terrible. Broncos words.

First time hearing the name Duptel. Different from Digital Solutions? oh, and what's the hosting company your shirt site is on?

Duptel = Digital. In fact, Rodney put Katchop on the very same server as the Sanctuary, so when it got torn down yesterday I went dark too for a little while too.

Don't get me wrong, the Digital people are, in fact, really nice. It's just that I noticed a shift in their focus, and now it's all about getting the money.

Slantshirts is hosted by http://www.nexcess.net/ and they are really good, especially with support issues. Also half the price.

Ah. I was going to ask how much to host in order to retain the sanc's db, but when TK told me the annual figure I swallowed my gum.

Ah. I was going to ask how much to host in order to retain the sanc's db, but when TK told me the annual figure I swallowed my gum.

Yeah I think I'm getting hosed.

$5,000 is too much for an annual hosting fee, right?

Don't worry, in short order I'll have our new site up and running for us and we'll be out of your hair again. Sorry for the brief interruption. I suggest you stay out of this thread to avoid further annoyances.

cool. you fockers are focking losers.

Wait, don't go!

They didn't even give me an application. :(

Aaw, I'm gonna miss those guys.... wait, no, that was someone else.

Me 2 :ninja:

Like the swallows returning to Capistrano, every so often the sanc phags drop by.

:thumbsdown:

The fact that they have stayed together for so long is quite impressive. We can't get that many people to jihad a site anymore. :dunno:

The fact that they have stayed together for so long is quite impressive. We can't get that many people to jihad a site anymore. :dunno:

Mikey got mad last time we did a jihad.

When the Sanctuary breaks, which invariably will happen, we will be back again. Please hold your applause.

When the Sanctuary breaks, which invariably will happen, we will be back again. Please hold your applause.

That won't be a problem.