Sign in to follow this  
TK0001

Christmas party recipes

I had a thread going in the Sanc, but it poofed with everything else. I think I know what I'm doing for my party tomorrow night, but I need the recipe for buffalo ranch dip. I didn't get a chance to write it down.

I'm going with:

Meatballs

Shrimp cocktail

Cheese tray

Gutter chili

Cider punch bowl

I've also asked everyone that's coming to bring a dessert dish to pass.

So basically I'd like some good dip recipes. Anyone have a favorite?

1 cup Frank's hot sauce

1 cup ranch dressing

1 cup shredded mozz

1 block of cream cheese

2 chicken breasts, cooked (just poach them and shred)

Do you still have the gutter chili recipe?

I usually smoke 4 BS Chicken breast with cajun spices.

Remove and pull, combine with 2 8 oz bars of phily cream cheese, 2 diced jalopenos, 1 cup Franks, 1 tb sppon cayeene, 1 bottle of ranch dressing and a touch of honey. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes then remove and cover with shreeded peperjack cheese and cook for another 5 minutes.

1 cup Frank's hot sauce

1 cup ranch dressing

1 cup shredded mozz

2 chicken breasts, cooked (just poach them and shred)

Do you still have the gutter chili recipe?

Thanks. And yeah, I make your chili about 10 times a year.

Remove and pull, combine with 2 8 oz bars of phily cream cheese, 2 diced jalopenos, 1 cup Franks, 1 tb sppon cayeene, 1 bottle of ranch dressing and a touch of honey. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes then remove and cover with shreeded peperjack cheese and cook for another 5 minutes.

Got-damn that looks like it would be hot. I love the spice, but I want to keep it relatively tame. Also, honey? Ack.

I don't know how to choose between the two recipes. Gonna have to try both.

mega's recipe sounds better, also much harder, but sometimes simpler is better.

For a nice added touch you can buy the small square chibata breads and cut the top off and them hollow the out so that each guest has thier own little dip bowl they can dip from and then eat.

Got-damn that looks like it would be hot. I love the spice, but I want to keep it relatively tame. Also, honey? Ack.

baking tames the heat, heat is not heat without the sweet, trust me on this, it makes for a wonderful taste.

Gutter, you mentioned stromboli in the other thread. Got a recipe? Do you just chop it up in small portions?

mega's recipe sounds better, also much harder, but sometimes simpler is better.

Maybe, but dude sounds like an Iron Chef.

baking tames the heat, heat is not heat without the sweet, trust me on this, it makes for a wonderful taste.

I trust you, it sounds good. But I kinda want something easy since I have to throw all this together tomorrow.

Gutter, you mentioned stromboli in the other thread. Got a recipe? Do you just chop it up in small portions?

Take a pillsbury french bread premade dough thing, open that up and flatten it out. Then lay down a bunch of pepperoni and provolone. Fold it over into a stromboli shape. Put a couple of small slices across the top and put some butter on it. Then bake. When it comes out. just slice it up and put it on a plate.

Now if you're mega, make your own dough with smoked flour and top with a raspberry gastric.

I trust you, it sounds good. But I kinda want something easy since I have to throw all this ###### together tomorrow.

The saying ' you get out what you put in' is never more true than when dealing with food, but I understand. For the purpose of ease you can always cook the chicken breast how you see easiest and cook and pull them a day or two earlier and refridgerate until you are ready to bake.

Thanks. And yeah, I make your chili about 10 times a year.

Good god man. Use blue cheese dressing instead of ranch. :puke:

also: add a package of cream cheese to the mix.

You know, now that I think of it, there was a package of cream cheese added. Yes, add cream cheese.

Take a pillsbury french bread premade dough thing, open that ###### up and flatten it out. Then lay down a bunch of pepperoni and provolone. Fold it over into a stromboli shape. Put a couple of small slices across the top and put some butter on it. Then bake. When it comes out. just slice it up and put it on a plate.

Now if you're mega, make your own dough with smoked flour and top with a raspberry gastric.

Stromboli without marinana??

Nope I use pre-made pizza dough, spicey italian sausage removed from the casings, salami, deli ham and peperoni, parm, motz and pepper jack cheese, minced garlic, basil, black pepper and of course marinara. Stuff, roll, brush with butter and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes

Stromboli without marinana??

Nope I use pre-made pizza dough, spicey italian sausage removed from the casings, salami, deli ham and peperoni, parm, motz and pepper jack cheese, minced garlic, basil, black pepper and of course marinara. Stuff, roll, brush with butter and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes

Dude I'm all over this.

Gutter with the Pillsbury . :rolleyes:

TK next year you should consider doing a 7 bone prime rib roast rather than doing multiple items. One very nice entry and let the guests bring sides/deserts and doing a prime rib roast makes you look like the man :thumbsup:

...makes you look like the man :thumbsup:

Especially in your wife's eyes. This has taken on new, critical importance!

TK next year you should consider doing a 7 bone prime rib roast rather than doing multiple items. One very nice entry and let the guests bring sides/deserts and doing a prime rib roast makes you look like the man :thumbsup:

How bout I just hire you to cater this s-word next year?

What about a Green Chili ? Seems appropos for Chrismas

Anybody have a good Green Chilie (Verde) recipe?

What about a Green Chili ? Seems appropos for Chrismas

Anybody have a good Green Chilie (Verde) recipe?

If only my wife was here at the moment. I can say to stay away from canned chilis if at all possible. If you don't want to process fresh chilis, some markets have them in the frozen section.

Hey Megla, any good scallopped potato recipes?

I don't know. I guess I'm allowed to swear.

I don't know. I guess I'm allowed to swear.

Goddammit, Mike. Fix my . I'm a board legend, for 's sake.

3 packs of mushroom caps/stems, or 2 larger packs

3 – 8oz cream cheese packages

1 tbsp. Onion Powder

½ tbsp. Black Pepper

1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese

1 tbsp. Minced or Crushed Garlic

½ tbsp. Cayenne Pepper (or more depending on heat tolerance)

1 to 2 tbsp. of Cooking Oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop ½ of the removed stems (best if food processor is used). You can discard the other half.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, stir cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and stem/garlic mix together. Mixture should be very thick. Add Cayenne Pepper to the mixture. The final mixture should have a sharp kick to it, so you may need to add more than a ½ tbsp.

Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps. The top of the mixture should be golden brown. Make sure to let them sit for at least 15 minutes after baking, as they will be really hot.

Who is thread killer?

Ask your wife.

BECAUSE SHE TOTALLY HAS SEX WITH THAT GUY LIKE ALL THE TIME WHEN YOU'RE NOT AROUND OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH