Sign in to follow this  
Flyfreak

D.Murray's days in Dallas appear to be numbered

It was an asskicking. Beating a Sanchez led/1st place team with horrible defense, at home in their own house, on national t.v., talking shiat all week - is a major accomplishment. Congrats.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Also, can't wait to see weeden run this team next season. Romo won't survive the year.

Come on now, even in the Butt-Hurt Loser's manual it says you can only reference or say "you just wait till next year" 725 times... That was your 726th time.... And for the record, if anyone has something to worry about - it's you and your glass chinned QB. In case you've not been told, he's not played in 2 years.

Also, also......It also wasn't a catch

Oh it was a catch.... But it wasn't the reason we lost, nor would it have mattered had it counted. Rodgers had over 4 minutes and 2 timeouts left - no way we stop him from scoring.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Come on now, even in the Butt-Hurt Loser's manual it says you can only reference or say "you just wait till next year" 725 times... That was your 726th time.... And for the record, if anyone has something to worry about - it's you and your glass chinned QB. In case you've not been told, he's not played in 2 years.

Oh it was a catch.... But it wasn't the reason we lost, nor would it have mattered had it counted. Rodgers had over 4 minutes and 2 timeouts left - no way we stop him from scoring.

What's funny is it took an epic year from Romo, and a Demarco rushing title to barely knock the Eagles out of the division's top spot. Any way you look at it, Cowboys are poised to take a step back after losing their star RB. Add another woman abuser to that cancerous locker room, and I'll just sit back an watch the collapse. 8-8 at best

8-8 at best

"If you say it enough times, it will eventually come true." :lol:

Wolf, wolf, wolf!!

"If you say it enough times, it will eventually come true." :lol:

Wolf, wolf, wolf!!

most accurate thing you've ever said

Flyfreak, on 20 Mar 2015 - 5:01 PM, said:

most accurate thing you've ever said

Actually educating you is becoming a full time job.
  • Like 1

here's the down-low on murray and the raiders

A source told the Philadelphia Inquirer the Raiders offered DeMarco Murray significantly more guaranteed money than the Eagles.
Murray gave the Eagles a discount so he could play in Chip Kelly's scheme, stick it to the Cowboys twice a year and avoid the annual train wreck that is the Raiders. He probably did Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie a favor. The Raiders should be building through youth, with exciting running back Latavius Murray a major part of that. Mar 24 - 9:56 AM

Flyfreak, on 26 Mar 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

here's the down-low on murray and the raiders

A source told the Philadelphia Inquirer the Raiders offered DeMarco Murray significantly more guaranteed money than the Eagles.

Murray gave the Eagles a discount so he could play in Chip Kelly's scheme, stick it to the Cowboys twice a year and avoid the annual train wreck that is the Raiders. He probably did Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie a favor. The Raiders should be building through youth, with exciting running back Latavius Murray a major part of that. Mar 24 - 9:56 AM

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

A "source" huh? The biggest RB free agent in the game and the only one to hear about it was a "source"? Not the Raiders organization, not the beat writers covering the team, not Murray's agent, not Murray's camp, but a "source"? Ha, oh boy.

A "source" huh? The biggest RB free agent in the game and the only one to hear about it was a "source"? Not the Raiders organization, not the beat writers covering the team, not Murray's agent, not Murray's camp, but a "source"? Ha, oh boy.

i know you're smarter than this, not all the details to the deals offered to fa's get leaked

i know you're smarter than this, not all the details to the deals offered to fa's get leaked

Let me guess, you believe in Bigfoot too....?

A "source" is what fueled the Dez Brant video. How'd that turn out?

Let me guess, you believe in Bigfoot too....?

A "source" is what fueled the Dez Brant video. How'd that turn out?

well, i think it's gonna be used as walmart's primary ad campaign later this year

and who doesn't believe in bigfoot?

and who doesn't believe in bigfoot?

Bigfoot does not exist, stop it.... Now the Loch Ness Monster, that's real. :ninja:

Bigfoot does not exist, stop it.... Now the Loch Ness Monster, that's real. :ninja:

you just don't get it, sources have stated that nessy is a unique fish, not a monster

i think they end up with coleman and don't make the playoffs

Def a possibility - Dallas is good, by no means are we a juggernaut. Philly is going to be good too - and I never count a Coughlin coached team out of anything. Sorry Washington - you are a turd and a disgrace... And I'd be very happy to land Coleman - take him all day long.

Def a possibility - Dallas is good, by no means are we a juggernaut. Philly is going to be good too - and I never count a Coughlin coached team out of anything. Sorry Washington - you are a turd and a disgrace... And I'd be very happy to land Coleman - take him all day long.

with Murray, Dallas would be one of a handful of teams vying for the sb

with Murray, Dallas would be one of a handful of teams vying for the sb

3rd & 4 - TD

3rd & 6 - completion

3rd & 3 - 1st down run

3rd & 8 - completion

3rd & 1 - 1st down run

3rd & 16 - completion

3rd & 15 - TD

3rd & 3 - completion

3rd & 11 - completion

GB and Rodgers were 9 of 14 on 3rd down conversions, that's 64%. Even on 1 leg we could not stop or get to him... Murray doesn't play corner and he doesn't rush the passer. He was on the field last year and it didn't matter. We couldn't get it done bcoz our defense was below average - of the 12 playoff teams, we ranked 11th... Murray doesn't make us better, he keeps us where we were at. DMC, rookie rb and Hardy gives us a chance to be better.

3rd & 4 - TD3rd & 6 - completion3rd & 3 - 1st down run3rd & 8 - completion3rd & 1 - 1st down run3rd & 16 - completion3rd & 15 - TD3rd & 3 - completion3rd & 11 - completionGB and Rodgers were 9 of 14 on 3rd down conversions, that's 64%. Even on 1 leg we could not stop or get to him... Murray doesn't play corner and he doesn't rush the passer. He was on the field last year and it didn't matter. We couldn't get it done bcoz our defense was below average - of the 12 playoff teams, we ranked 11th... Murray doesn't make us better, he keeps us where we were at. DMC, rookie rb and Hardy gives us a chance to be better.

right, and wasting a high draft pick on a rb is gonna help the defense as well

3rd & 4 - TD

3rd & 6 - completion

3rd & 3 - 1st down run

3rd & 8 - completion

3rd & 1 - 1st down run

3rd & 16 - completion

3rd & 15 - TD

3rd & 3 - completion

3rd & 11 - completion

GB and Rodgers were 9 of 14 on 3rd down conversions, that's 64%. Even on 1 leg we could not stop or get to him... Murray doesn't play corner and he doesn't rush the passer. He was on the field last year and it didn't matter. We couldn't get it done bcoz our defense was below average - of the 12 playoff teams, we ranked 11th... Murray doesn't make us better, he keeps us where we were at. DMC, rookie rb and Hardy gives us a chance to be better.

bingo. the run game was a band-aid for the defense, which was statistically almost as bad as the historically awful 2013 defense. the only difference was that in 2014, they were a little better at getting themselves off the field. almost all of the improvement was based on fewer snaps.

in short, the team was terribly unbalanced--all offense, no defense. unfortunately, murray can't help the defense when he's not on the field.

to suggest that more than doubling his salary...at the expense of the already-bad defense...would have helped the team be more competitive is just silly.

right, and wasting a high draft pick on a rb is gonna help the defense as well

27 is not a high draft pick. at that point, you probably aren't going to get significant contribution from a rookie...except at the RB position--the easiest position for rookies to play well.

frankly, i think the plan is to draft a DE in the first, providing depth and a year of seasoning before hardy moves on. then an RB in the second. they certainly won't say no to a solid CB though.

bingo. the run game was a band-aid for the defense, which was statistically almost as bad as the historically awful 2013 defense. the only difference was that in 2014, they were a little better at getting themselves off the field. almost all of the improvement was based on fewer snaps.

in short, the team was terribly unbalanced--all offense, no defense. unfortunately, murray can't help the defense when he's not on the field.

to suggest that more than doubling his salary...at the expense of the already-bad defense...would have helped the team be more competitive is just silly.

You, and many others, act as if we lost Barry Sanders. You, and many others, act as if we don't get to replace Murray - you act as if we have to play with 10 on offense. Newsflash - Tyron Smith, Zack Martin and Travis Fredrick all stayed, they didn't go to Philly with Murray... Murray was a 3rd round pick who had a breakout year behind 3 1st round lineman. Call me crazy - but I'm willing to gamble and say those monsters can take a 1st or 2nd round rb and make them just as good - if not better, than what we had.

The running game will be just fine. The real concern will in pass protection - now there I'll admit to being a bit nervous.

I hope hardy gets 6 plus and by high pick I mean rounds 1-4

won't bother me terribly if he does--almost his entire contract is based on # of games played and # of sacks. a 6 game suspension would knock $4M or so off his total, and would leave his with fresher legs in december and january.

interesting that a "high pick" includes over half the draft.

You, and many others, act as if we lost Barry Sanders. You, and many others, act as if we don't get to replace Murray - you act as if we have to play with 10 on offense. Newsflash - Tyron Smith, Zack Martin and Travis Fredrick all stayed, they didn't go to Philly with Murray... Murray was a 3rd round pick who had a breakout year behind 3 1st round lineman. Call me crazy - but I'm willing to gamble and say those monsters can take a 1st or 2nd round rb and make them just as good - if not better, than what we had.

The running game will be just fine. The real concern will in pass protection - now there I'll admit to being a bit nervous.

lol.

go back through the thread, and reread my posts on murray. you've essentially distilled them all down into one post.

won't bother me terribly if he does--almost his entire contract is based on # of games played and # of sacks. a 6 game suspension would knock $4M or so off his total, and would leave his with fresher legs in december and january.

interesting that a "high pick" includes over half the draft.

picks 1-4 are the high picks for the entire draft, wasting them on a position that you had covered is a wasted pick that could have been used for defensive help

maybe rice will join hardy for moral support, then you won't need to draft a rb

picks 1-4 are the high picks for the entire draft, wasting them on a position that you had covered is a wasted pick that could have been used for defensive help

:clap:

easy position to succeed as a rookie: RB

difficult position to succeed as a rookie: edge rusher

less important position for overall team success: RB

more important position for overall team success: edge rusher

more surrounding talent that can help him succeed in DAL: RB

less surrounding talent that can help him succeed in DAL: edge rusher

but despite all this, you're suggesting that it would have been better for DAL to almost triple the salary of an injury-prone RB who just had one of the highest workloads in recent memory, rather than bringing in an elite edge rusher to help one of the worst defensive lines in football. instead, you suggest drafting an edge rusher out of pick 27 (when the good ones will be gone by pick 7), instead of taking advantage of the exceptionally deep RB draft (when you can likely get a very good candidate at pick 60--almost a round ahead of where murray was picked).

i mean, it's obvious that you're trolling, since no sane person would argue that. but hey--i needed a break from my thesis work anyway...

they need more than an edge rusher on defense

what i'm saying is that they should have made a better offer to keep murray than the 5m one they sent his way and if he would have walked away then at least they could have said they gave it a try

if they would have resigned murray they wouldn't have to think about the rb position going into the draft and could have concentrated on defense with picks 1-4

plus losing murray moves them further away from being a sb contender this year

if they would have resigned murray they wouldn't have to think about the rb position going into the draft and could have concentrated on defense with picks 1-4

You've been playing video football games too long Fly - still don't have an understanding of asset allocation, value or position importance.

To tie up that kind of money, to an interchangeable position, that doesn't address the weakest part of your team (defense) - is moronic... Trust me, next year when the running game is rolling right along like a well tuned Vette - I will remind you of this.

Hell - Joseph Randle averaged 7 ypc last year behind this line. We will be just fine - I think better.

Okay, we'll just have to wait and see

looks like carr might be released if he doesn't take a pay cut

that would be an iffy move. there is no savings to be had on carr's contract until after the season. cutting him now results in $12M of dead money this season. if they do a june 1 cut, they'll gain ~$4M in cap space this season, but all his dead money gets pushed to next year. if they wait until after the season, he'll represent ~$7M in cap savings in 2016, and be off the books thereafter.

the problem is that cutting him doesn't solve any cap issues, because you have to go out and find another guy to play the position. you're basically paying him not to play, an there is no guarantee that you can find a FA who can come in and do a better job. since DAL is awfully thin at corner anyway, i don't see it happening.

they need more than an edge rusher on defense

what i'm saying is that they should have made a better offer to keep murray than the 5m one they sent his way and if he would have walked away then at least they could have said they gave it a try

so they need more help on defense, but you're arguing that they should have taken even more cap money away from the defense by increasing murray's salary?

and you think that 4 late-in-the-round rookies (probably none of whom would start) would have made the defense more SB-worthy than adding an elite DE?

truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

:P

the bottom line is that i hope that the cowboys suck anal juice this year regardless of who is carrying the rock, or whatever losers they draft in rounds 1-4

ESPN Dallas confirms the Cowboys aren't expected to trade for Adrian Peterson.

The Cowboys would need to make major cutbacks to afford Peterson, who has a $12.75 million salary. Dallas currently has just $2.25 million in cap space. The Cowboys also don't want to give up a premium pick to acquire Peterson. ESPN's Todd Archer expects Dallas to draft DeMarco Murray's replacement in the top three rounds.
Related: Cowboys
Source: ESPN Dallas

Flyfreak, on 28 Mar 2015 - 3:31 PM, said:

ESPN Dallas confirms the Cowboys aren't expected to trade for Adrian Peterson.

The Cowboys would need to make major cutbacks to afford Peterson, who has a $12.75 million salary. Dallas currently has just $2.25 million in cap space. The Cowboys also don't want to give up a premium pick to acquire Peterson. ESPN's Todd Archer expects Dallas to draft DeMarco Murray's replacement in the top three rounds.

Related: Cowboys

Source: ESPN Dallas

Shocking - only what I've been telling you for several weeks now. Welcome to reality.

so they need more help on defense, but you're arguing that they should have taken even more cap money away from the defense by increasing murray's salary?

and you think that 4 late-in-the-round rookies (probably none of whom would start) would have made the defense more SB-worthy than adding an elite DE?

truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

:P

I don't call him Flytard for nothing. :)