Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

The balls might not have changed the outcome of the Indy game, but the fact is they 'tried' to cheat when they really didn't need to.

The key is intent, regardless of the outcome. Once a cheat always a cheat. Just because it might not change the outcome, do you just let cheating slide as if nothing happend? I guess some of you guys are ok with a little cheating in your life... Good luck with that

Exactly. They cheated it doesn't matter if it's the reason they win or not. It's cheating. Hell it's safe to assume they cheat in one way or another every game

To me, it's no different that a player getting called(or not) for holding, pass interference, illegal block in the back, etc. Technically, that is cheating. They are not playing by the "rules". It is the officials' job to insure that everyone is playing by the rules. They had numerous opportunities to identify the problem. The onus is on them to correct this. Every player will try to get away with as much as possible with out getting caught and penalized.

Exactly. They cheated it doesn't matter if it's the reason they win or not. It's cheating. Hell it's safe to assume they cheat in one way or another every game

Come on now. Seriously. Some form of this happens in more games than not.

The only reason this is even issue is because it is the Patriots. Heard it reported that the refs did in fact check and approve the balls 2 hours and 15 min before the game. How did someone take air out of 11 balls without anyone seeing them do it? Guess ball boy or equipment guy knows where they could hide. But damn there are cameras all over that place especially that close to game time.

Whats worse? Taking a little air out of balls or losing on purpose to get the QB you want?

Whats worse? Taking a little air out of balls or losing on purpose to get the QB you want?

What about pumping fake crowd noise into domed stadiums?

Well, lets see: The sun rose, the wind blows, and the earth rotated on its axis. Oh yeah - The Pats have yet another "yeah, but" after they won a football game. Do they ever just win the game without any questions of problems? Ever? They probably tried to be legit vs Eli Manning Twice and learned oh so dearly that they cannot just win games the normal way.

Effing hilarious, but almost expected.

Must be tough as a Pats lover knowing that the rest of the country places asterisks next to everything you have "accomplished". :D

The only reason this is even issue is because it is the Patriots.

It's always the Cheatriots. HTH

I did the test yesterday and could not really tell much difference. :dunno:

Well, that's because you have hands as large as my 12 year old daughter.

:lol: j/k

I think that's pretty ballsy for the Pats to do this. Kinda takes the air out of their win. I think they will still be able to get pumped up for the big game though. I would hate for something like this to deflate their confidence. Bellicheat is still a great coach, because if you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying. Have the lines for the Superbowl come out yet? If I had to guess what it would be, I would say....Pats -2. I bet they would probably win 11 out of 12 games against the Seahawks anyways.

• Like 1

I think that's pretty ballsy for the Pats to do this. Kinda takes the air out of their win. I think they will still be able to get pumped up for the big game though. I would hate for something like this to deflate their confidence. Bellicheat is still a great coach, because if you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying. Have the lines for the Superbowl come out yet? If I had to guess what it would be, I would say....Pats -2. I bet they would probably win 11 out of 12 games against the Seahawks anyways.

Nice work, Mr. Welker.

Well, that's because you have hands as large as my 12 year old daughter.

:lol: j/k

You might want to remove this post. We have GFIAFP here and he loves that type of talk. :o

:doublethumbsup:

It has been headline news every morning this week on Today Show

It's not some hidden back story

I think the NE win was a ballsy effort, but it was deflated because they play in the weak @ss AFC where nobody plays any kind of pumped up defense. Billicheat is still great at cheatin, even though he's trying. Yes, the Superbowl lines are out!

If you got thair early enough it was -2 for the Pats, but Vegas made a airheaded mistake "so they say" as they leaked the news. But, in all reality they know Seahawks will be the winners 11 out of 12 games so they will clean house and take the air out of so many who betted on the Pats. To top it off, the ballsy Billicheat has now supposedly let the air out of the bounce before back when they played the Colts the first time. It's deflating if they lose draft picks because the league likes ballsy efforts and lots of passing through the air.

:wave:

I think the NE win was a ballsy effort, but it was deflated because they play in the weak @ss AFC where nobody plays any kind of pumped up defense. Billicheat is still great at cheatin, even though he's trying. Yes, the Superbowl lines are out!

If you got thair early enough it was -2 for the Pats, but Vegas made a airheaded mistake "so they say" as they leaked the news. But, in all reality they know Seahawks will be the winners 11 out of 12 games so they will clean house and take the air out of so many who betted on the Pats. To top it off, the ballsy Billicheat has now supposedly let the air out of the bounce before back when they played the Colts the first time. It's deflating if they lose draft picks because the league likes ballsy efforts and lots of passing through the air.

:wave:

i'm pretty sure the report will state that it was faulty weather that caused the deflation

Maybe it's time for Belicheat to take some time off.

Ban him for one year similar to Sean Payton under the bounty program.

If it is found that the Patriots did indeed deflate the balls, Bellichek should be suspended immediately. No Super Bowl. Not allowed in the Pats facilities, not allowed to travel with the team, not allowed to communicate with anyone in the organization for the remainder of this season and through next season.

He has two strikes right now. Three strikes and he should share a place in infamy with Pete Rose, and even that is being too generous.

I love football. I have watched since I was kid, rooting for the hapless Eagles. I now love fantasy football.

Dammit, this isn't the Pats game to ruin. It's everyone's game, and I am really upset that they have ruined the Super Bowl for everyone. That isn't their right. As a lifelong fan, I am ready to walk away from football for good, or at least skip this year's SB. I am that pissed off about this.

• Like 2

If it is found that the Patriots did indeed deflate the balls, Bellichek should be suspended immediately. No Super Bowl. Not allowed in the Pats facilities, not allowed to travel with the team, not allowed to communicate with anyone in the organization for the remainder of this season and through next season.

He has two strikes right now. Three strikes and he should share a place in infamy with Pete Rose, and even that is being too generous.

I love football. I have watched since I was kid, rooting for the hapless Eagles. I now love fantasy football.

Dammit, this isn't the Pats game to ruin. It's everyone's game, and I am really upset that they have ruined the Super Bowl for everyone. That isn't their right. As a lifelong fan, I am ready to walk away from football for good, or at least skip this year's SB. I am that pissed off about this.

if only McNabb hadn't thrown up your chance :(
  • Like 1

They really won't get punished much, just a slap on the wrist if anything. If it bothers you that much, walking away isn't a terrible idea. It's just football after all. I barely watched any this year, only tuning in from the divisional round of the playoffs on. Last week was the most football I watched this season, and even then I missed the first quarter or so of the Pats game since that Hawks-Packers game was so awesome.

At some point in life you realize this stuff is just entertainment and you can't ascribe a bigger meaning to it. So if it becomes a negative to you, you just need to avoid it. No point in going through life annoyed at things you can't control in any way. I actually spent most of this season studying a foreign language and spending time with family rather than watching football. I think overall it was better for me, I can't see myself sitting around all day on Sunday watching football like I used to either.

I am feeling about the same way. The NFL is taking this serious because it is an integrity issue. The integrity of the sport is more important than any one person or any one team.

The Sky is falling!!

*running around in circles, squawking and flapping wings*

The SKY is FALLING!!@1!1!!

Great googley-moogley. :rolleyes:

Isn't it a shame that such a brilliant coach suffers from such a lack of integrity?

:nono:

link to him breaking a rule in this situation ?

It's a culture thing, it's a mentality that they will do anything to win, and that probably push some people over the edge.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sack up ladies, the Patriots have been better than every other team in the NFL over the span of the last 14 years. Get over it.

It's a culture thing, it's a mentality that they will do anything to win, and that probably push some people over the edge.

Its a sports thing. Every team in every sports competition will push the limits of what they can get away with to give them an edge to win. The sooner everyone gets over something as trivial as letting a little air out of balls the better. Fine the team and get over it. Honestly tire of this

Do women know about shrinkage?

He's the coach. Are you claiming that he had nothing to do with it?

Or just really really hoping?

I'm not aware if he was directly linked to Spygate either, but it stuck to him due to merit.

• Like 1

And then there's this* for your consideration:

http://profootballta...all-except-one/

“Every team tampers with the footballs,” Matt Leinart said on Twitter. “Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!”

Leinart then carved out one exception: “Actually my guy @kurt13warner didn’t tamper w the footballs because he wore gloves,” Leinart said. “Used to irritate me..So correction, almost all QBs!”

Kevin Clark of the Wall Street Journal, who’s currently in Mobile, Alabama for the first significant pre-draft event, supports the notion that tampering is commonplace by noting that “NFL head coaches here at Senior Bowl seem downright offended that people think this deflation stuff is a big deal.”

* My apologies for linking to Florio. I feel sullied now. : (

Its a sports thing. Every team in every sports competition will push the limits of what they can get away with to give them an edge to win. The sooner everyone gets over something as trivial as letting a little air out of balls the better. Fine the team and get over it. Honestly tire of this

This is the reason I never cared about PED use either. Everyone uses it, so who gives a crap? The NFL and sports in general refuse to enforce rules or punish cheating, they always only make a show of it. I haven't taken any sports seriously for years, at least since the NBA refs fixing games scandal. It's obvious all sports are like that.

CNN running a deflate gate debate.

This is big time news and plain old CHEATING label

Tainted