Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

LoL NFL Problems

So now there was air let out of the footballs lol . Wow problems problems problems of the shame of it all . Give me a break and deal with the players that beat up woman and small kids please NFL

What a stupid post.

You don't think that a lack of integrity manifests itself differently throughout the NFL, and that it should ALL be dealt with?

Do you have such a weak mind that you think that one issue being handled means that others are not?

:nono:

What a stupid post.

You don't think that a lack of integrity manifests itself differently throughout the NFL, and that it should ALL be dealt with?

Do you have such a weak mind that you think that one issue being handled means that others are not?

:nono:

you are aware Arron rogers prefers his balls inflated over the league limit, correct ?

That the officials have to deflate them ? Do you think none of his tampered balls have slid by and into game action ?

What should his punishment be for having tampered with the balls in the first place ?

you are aware Arron rogers prefers his balls inflated over the league limit, correct ?

That the officials have to deflate them ? Do you think none of his tampered balls have slid by and into game action ?

What should his punishment be for having tampered with the balls in the first place ?

What noone is taking into account is that EVERY NFL team does stuck like push the limits of the air in the balls whether they are under inflated or over inflated. Is it bad that people will try anything to give them an edge in the game? Yea something like that is against the rules. However, that happens in EVERY sport and not just football. "Oh air was let out of the football! This is the most appalling thing I have ever heard of!" Please. Get a life. Fine the team and move on. Theres no news story here

No, I haven't seen that. I have heard that he likes them on the upper limit; not above it. Can you document for certain that your claim is accurate, or just spaghetti throwing by NE faithful desperately looking to deflect attention on this clear case of cheating?

Please document definitively what you're claiming here. Then we might have an intelligent conversation about which provides a better grip advantage: inflated or deflated balls.

What noone is taking into account is that EVERY NFL team does stuck like push the limits of the air in the balls whether they are under inflated or over inflated. Is it bad that people will try anything to give them an edge in the game? Yea something like that is against the rules. However, that happens in EVERY sport and not just football. "Oh air was let out of the football! This is the most appalling thing I have ever heard of!" Please. Get a life. Fine the team and move on. Theres no news story here

Um...every team? Or is this just a desperate flail by NE fans to deflect? There is a limit. Do you not understand the reason?

The reason is to prevent one team from fumbling as much as the opponent.

Um...every team? Or is this just a desperate flail by NE fans to deflect? There is a limit. Do you not understand the reason?

The reason is to prevent one team from fumbling as much as the opponent.

Sounds like the hate is strong with this one

Sounds like the hate is strong with this one

I'm sorry you respond emotionally to a logical argument. It's something upon which you can improve.

I'm sorry you respond emotionally to a logical argument. It's something upon which you can improve.

No I tried being logical with you but you seem extremely biased so why bother?

No I tried being logical with you but you seem extremely biased so why bother?

You can then explain to me how you're not "extremely biased" on the opposite side? :dunno:

Of course not. Stop being emotional. This is an argument, and you are on the other side. How about not making it personal, and actually trying to build a case which wins?

You can then explain to me how you're not "extremely biased" on the opposite side? :dunno:

Of course not. Stop being emotional. This is an argument, and you are on the other side. How about not making it personal, and actually trying to build a case which wins?

I already stated PLENTY of times that if they were found guilty then yes punish them. But Jesus it seems like it doesn't matter what is said your "off with BBs head" way of thinking won't let anything get through to you.

I already stated PLENTY of times that if they were found guilty then yes punish them. But Jesus it seems like it doesn't matter what is said your "off with BBs head" way of thinking won't let anything get through to you.

You're still being emotional. I said nothing about "off with BB's head".

I said that defending the integrity of the game is going to be absolutely critical, and I said that I guarantee that the NFL - and Roger Goodell - are not going to simply fine this team or any individual if they can make a sufficient case. I also attacked your obvious spin of this story, which was an attempt to deflect and diminish the severity of this infraction.

I said that defending the integrity of the game is going to be absolutely critical, and I said that I guarantee that the NFL - and Roger Goodell - are not going to simply fine this team or any individual if they can make a sufficient case. I also attacked your obvious spin of this story, which was an attempt to deflect and diminish the severity of this infraction.

Look I'll put it this way. If found guilty punish them. But you and everyone else seems to act like they were the only ones who did something to give them an edge. Objectively looking at it with no bias is this: patriots get accused of something everyone cries foul and gets all upset. I don't see that happening with other organizations.

Look I'll put it this way. If found guilty punish them.

Obviously. That is not what this argument is about. This is about how you view this infraction; a position which is again belied by your next statement...

But you and everyone else seems to act like they were the only ones who did something to give them an edge.

Here is why you're being argued with. No one has said that. No one. That is an emotional knee-jerk reaction by you. Moreover, attempting to claim that - without coming up with a thing to back it - is just an attempt to lessen the severity of the infraction by your guy.

The 'everybody does it' is bullsht, and a direct road to hell.

Objectively looking at it with no bias is this: patriots get accused of something everyone cries foul and gets all upset. I don't see that happening with other organizations.

That's because the other organizations have no record of cheating. They made their own bed; they now get to enjoying laying in it, and along with them, their fans. It is not an unfair treatment. NE is dirty, and they needed no help from outside sources proving it.

You need to get a life, you've been defending a corporate entity that you root for and trying to pass that off as an objective, rational set of behaviors. You literally spent all day on here responding to every post attacking everyone for suggesting it's a punishable offense for a team to get caught cheating. If it was another team, a person like you would demand the harshest penalties, because you project your own guilt onto others. I've been laughing at your posts, and obviously others have as well, apparently to the point that people decided to actually call you on it.

It takes awhile to annoy people enough for them to actually call you out, because most people really aren't interested in getting involved in emotional outbursts.

Just like Bounty Gate. The quicker picker upper.

No, I haven't seen that. I have heard that he likes them on the upper limit; not above it. Can you document for certain that your claim is accurate, or just spaghetti throwing by NE faithful desperately looking to deflect attention on this clear case of cheating?

Please document definitively what you're claiming here. Then we might have an intelligent conversation about which provides a better grip advantage: inflated or deflated balls.

So, are for a league wide investigation of this matter that doesn't stop with one team? The way they did with Bounty Gate. Investigate all teams. Especially the ones that admit to doing it themselves?

Or is this just a "Got caught red handed" thing and any admission to wrong doing should be swept under the proverbial league rug that Goodell can vacuum for the owners be accepted for the integrity of the game?

what is the serverity of this infraction ? Science has proven it had no impact on the game. So let's have an intelligent discussion based on facts. Explain the severity since it has been proven to not have given an advantage.

I'll hang up and listen.

what is the serverity of this infraction ? Science has proven it had no impact on the game. So let's have an intelligent discussion based on facts. Explain the severity since it has been proven to not have given an advantage.

I'll hang up and listen.

What the hell are you babbling about? Just break out the rule book, what does it say? If the rules are violated, that is a violation, period, by definition. That is called cheating. Doesn't matter if it helps you, it could even hurt you, you still cheated. When people are speeding it's obvious it's safer than driving slower than traffic, but it's still a rules violation and a citation.

I'll hang up and listen.

So why do it?

No, I haven't seen that. I have heard that he likes them on the upper limit; not above it. Can you document for certain that your claim

"The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage."

Rogers quote qualify ?

Why would they need to take air out of the ball ?

Your bias is beyond transparent and beyond pathetic.

Thread ovah !

Good Lord. Have any of you played football... ever ?

If u dont think an underinflated ball is easier to throw or "grip" .... you are mistaken... my guess is 90% of people who have played college fb or above would agree. I played TE in college. We would practice with underinflated fbs during snow and rain to build confidence and to increase efficiency in practice...

Dr RB

Good Lord. Have any of you played football... ever ?

If u dont think an underinflated ball is easier to throw or "grip" .... you are mistaken... my guess is 90% of people who have played college fb or above would agree. I played TE in college. We would practice with underinflated fbs during snow and rain to build confidence and to increase efficiency in practice...

Dr RB

This is true, and it really makes a difference when weather conditions are bad like they were for that game.

However when conditions are good, I prefer a fully inflated ball because you can throw it faster and further.

So, are for a league wide investigation of this matter that doesn't stop with one team? The way they did with Bounty Gate. Investigate all teams. Especially the ones that admit to doing it themselves?

Or is this just a "Got caught red handed" thing and any admission to wrong doing should be swept under the proverbial league rug that Goodell can vacuum for the owners be accepted for the integrity of the game?

I think the NFL has to decide whether they want to enforce this rule - and how. I am shocked that there isn't some protocol to check balls after a game - or is there? Did this only get caught because an Indy defender questioned the softness of the ball after an interception?

I know that there is a lot you're allowed to do with the footballs. You can soften/condition them/scuff them. You may in fact be able to overinflate; I do not think overinflation is viewed the same way as underinflation - particularly since there is only one person in the NFL I've heard prefers them that way - and I don't think we still know to what degree (whether he just likes them at 13.5psi, which is the top limit. The key with Rodgers is that he's been open about that preference. That's not what happened here.

I can see how a less inflated ball would be an advantage for a team, both running and passing. We all know the most reliable metric for predicting the outcome of a game (other than score, obviously) is turnover margin.

"The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage."

Rogers quote qualify ?

No. How does it qualify? It doesn't show that what Rodgers did is against the rules, which is the standard set here. Rodgers doesn't like deflated balls. His hands are huge; it's not a factor for him, and it's likely that he prefers a harder ball because his delivery of a spiral is least affected by a ball which doesn't indent when it is gripped.

But how inflated does he like it, and does that level of inflation bend or break any rules? For all you know, he likes 13.5psi.

Why would they need to take air out of the ball ?

You act as though it's an accident that 11 of 12 balls were deflated. You act as though NE would do something which is a disadvantage to them. They take the air out of the ball because Brady throws a softer ball better, and NE RBs and WRs are far less likely to fumble something which isn't as hard or slick

It's obvious to anyone who has played football.

Your bias is beyond transparent and beyond pathetic.

Thread ovah !

And your bias is somehow stealthy and defensible? :lol:

I'm no more biased than you. I'm just making a better argument.

I'll hang up and listen.

Science??

:lol:

:first:

Science??

the score board and stats are science, Brady played better and scored more with the regulation ball.

Data,Results = science.

You're welcome.

No. How does it qualify? It doesn't show that what Rodgers did is against the rules, which is the standard set here. Rodgers doesn't like deflated balls. His hands are huge; it's not a factor for him, and it's likely that he prefers a harder ball because his delivery of a spiral is least affected by a ball which doesn't indent when it is gripped.

But how inflated does he like it, and does that level of inflation bend or break any rules? For all you know, he likes 13.5psi.

You act as though it's an accident that 11 of 12 balls were deflated. You act as though NE would do something which is a disadvantage to them. They take the air out of the ball because Brady throws a softer ball better, and NE RBs and WRs are far less likely to fumble something which isn't as hard or slick

It's obvious to anyone who has played football.

And your bias is somehow stealthy and defensible? :lol:

I'm no more biased than you. I'm just making a better argument.

yet you won't explain why they need to let the air out of rogers balls ? Did they magically get over inflated ?

An easy explanation for 11 of 12 balls ...defective (slow leak) the 12 ball was probably never put into play.

The handling/playing of the balls caused the leak. Bad batch from the factory. Happens all the time in manufacturing, that's why places like tj max and marshals are in business.

Not saying that's the cause but certainly plausible.

:)

yet you won't explain why they need to let the air out of rogers balls ? Did they magically get over inflated ?

I know that you have to defend NE. Using Rodgers to do so is illegitimate. Not only are overinflated balls not perceived the same way that under inflated balls are, the fact is that anything Rodgers or Green Bay did to the balls happened before the refs inspected them; not after.

An easy explanation for 11 of 12 balls ...defective (slow leak) the 12 ball was probably never put into play.

The handling/playing of the balls caused the leak. Bad batch from the factory. Happens all the time in manufacturing, that's why places like tj max and marshals are in business.

We're done here.

LOL that was entertaining. Keep them coming