Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Rank the Presidents of your lifetime

This is like the greatest QB of all-time. There can be no wrong answer, because it's not something that can be accurately determined. It's each member's opinion.

Mine:

Clinton

Reagan

Obama

The smart Bush

Nixon

Ford

Carter

GW Bush

This is like the greatest QB of all-time. There can be no wrong answer, because it's not something that can be accurately determined. It's each member's opinion.

Mine:

Clinton

Reagan

Obama

The smart Bush

Nixon

Ford

Carter

GW Bush

Drop Obama around Ford (Nixon wqs a year before my time). Reagan and Clinton about equal.

Reagan

Nixon

Bush 43

Bush 41

Ford

Clinton

LBJ

Carter

Obummer

hth

1. Bush the first one

2. Clinton

3. Regan

There's noone worth ranking after that ... I was born in 73

Credibility shot if you can't put Clinton above W :(

sorry, signing the bill that sent the majority of our mfg to China is a biggie to me.

He single handedly destroyed mfg jobs.

Many like to ignore this fact of his legacy, I don't.

sorry, signing the bill that sent the majority of our mfg to China is a biggie to me.

He single handedly destroyed mfg jobs.

Many like to ignore this fact of his legacy, I don't.

Like you would have put him above anyway.

You can tell the hacks by how high they rank W

Yep. If W isn't last then you're either a hack or really, really old.

(Or both, in Phurfur's case.)

Like you would have put him above anyway.

what do you care ya focking weirdo ...I woulda put obama higher but the weight of your mouth on his ball bag prevented it.

You can tell the hacks by how high they rank W

Or how high they have Obama... They both suck/sucked. Carter,W,Obama were/are 3 of the 5-8 worst POTUS maybe ever.

Or how high they have Obama... They both suck/sucked. Carter,W,Obama were/are 3 of the 5-8 worst POTUS maybe ever.

Sure...not sure worms wants to talk about credibility while putting Obama over Reagan.

what do you care ya focking weirdo ...I woulda put obama higher but the weight of your mouth on his ball bag prevented it.

Fail again...yeah, by saying he is down with guys like Carter just above him and Bush...im all over his sack.

You must never tire of being wrong.

Sure...not sure worms wants to talk about credibility while putting Obama over Reagan.

I give Reagan credit for havign the sense to surround himself with the best people he could barring 1 or 2. But other than that Reagan was just a good speaker and gets more credit than he should as this GREAT POTUS. HW was the best and to me it isn't close - I don't think there was ever a POTUS more prepared to be POTUS than HW - on top of that he KNEW to get the fock out of the middle east when the job was done - I put him right there with Ike , JFK, FDR, and Teddy. I liked Clinton as well - he knew how to play the game and knew when to just sh!t can Health care reform when it's clear it wasn't wanted.

You're probably right but I blame Reagan thrusting the pandoras box wide open on deficit spending, and I happen to think Obamacare was a generational achievement. That's my rationale

You're probably right but I blame Reagan thrusting the pandoras box wide open on deficit spending, and I happen to think Obamacare was a generational achievement. That's my rationale

So you rank Obama higher than Reagan based on deficits??? :overhead: :doh:

I agree Reagan wasn't nearly as good as his legend dictates - but Obama ... come on man

So you rank Obama higher than Reagan based on deficits??? :overhead: :doh:

Every president since Ronny Reagan has run substantial deficits. That's the whole point, focktard

I give Reagen credit for saving social security by doubling the contributions in to it. And taking away all of those tax deductions that mostly affected middle class people. And cutting and running in Beirut and fundin the Taliban, and giving Arms to Iran.

Every president since Ronny Reagan has run substantial deficits. That's the whole point, focktard

Deficits have been around for long before Reagan took office.

Compare Reagan's deficits to Obama's, in both real dollars and as a percent of GDP and get back to me. In short, educate yourself.

He won the frigging Cold War and ushered in an unparalleled leap in economic production and quality of life. Deficit spending has driven our economic growth for better or worse. What we really argue about is what the 'right' deficit spending is and to what extent. I don't think people want any part of government being incentivized to collect surplus it controls. Nor would they prefer to quality of life degradation that would occur with wholesale balanced budgets. It's time value of money. If your deficit spending induces growth and controlled inflation it devalues the debt and in effect pays it off as everything else grows. That is the goal

I'd be really tempted to put Bush Sr 1st.

I've got Reagan and Clinton roughly equal.

Massive drop off from there to Obummer.

Drop off to Carter.

Bush is the worst.

I won't rank Ford since I was like 3 when he left office.

Clinton

Reagan

H.W.

Nixon***

Obummer

Ford***

Carter***

W

***too young to remember

1. Ronald Reagan (Rappin' Ron)

2. Richard Nixon

3. George Bush

4. George W Bush

5. Gerald Ford

6. Bill Clinton

7. Barrack Hussein Obama

8. Jimmy Carter

He won the frigging Cold War and ushered in an unparalleled leap in economic production and quality of life. Deficit spending has driven our economic growth for better or worse. What we really argue about is what the 'right' deficit spending is and to what extent. I don't think people want any part of government being incentivized to collect surplus it controls. Nor would they prefer to quality of life degradation that would occur with wholesale balanced budgets. It's time value of money. If your deficit spending induces growth and controlled inflation it devalues the debt and in effect pays it off as everything else grows. That is the goal

You make some solid points.

OK, Reagan ahead of Obummer, but W dead last by a country mile

People who put Obama ahead of Reagan simply aren't capable of grown up conversations.

People who think Reagan "won" the Cold War are dillusional. It's one of the silliest attributes ever given to anyone. I guess Nixon won the race to the moon too.

People who think Reagan "won" the Cold War are dillusional. It's one of the silliest attributes ever given to anyone. I guess Nixon won the race to the moon too.

All the dude did was give us the largest economic growth in American history. His policies created 18 million jobs, doubled revenues, doubled the GDP, lowered inflation from 13% to 3%, and his military spending was one of the main reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union. All with a Democratic controlled Congress that gobbled up every new dollar that came in. The unemployment rate had dropped to 5.5% by 1988.

No big deal.

:doh: