Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Demarco Murray to the Iggles

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/demarco-murray-leaves-cowboys-to-join-eagles/ar-AA9HmOl

DeMarco Murray is staying in the NFC East. Just not with the Dallas Cowboys.

The NFL's 2014 rushing champion reached agreement in principle on a five-year, $42-million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday, a person familiar with the agreement told USA TODAY Sports.

That person spoke on the condition of anonymity since the team has yet to announce a deal.

Guess this means Peterson will be signing with the Cowboys. :dunno:

They couldn't afford Murray, what makes you think they can afford Peterson?

AP isn't gonna command anywhere near a salary that Murray did IMO

Honestly, it doesn't matter who is the RB is in Dallas. A truly great O-line will make any run of the mill RB look like a pro bowler. Murray is more than that, but I really don't think he is a superior RB. Top 10, but not top 5 as far as pure runners go.

I think they can just piece together a nice RBBC via the draft and maybe picking up Spiller, or even Bush.

That being said, if AP plays like the AP of old, he could get 2500 yards behind that line.

AP isn't gonna command anywhere near a salary that Murray did IMO

His contract says otherwise. HTH

His contract says otherwise. HTH

Was unaware he was still signed :doh:

How much is his cap hit?

Was unaware he was still signed :doh:

How much is his cap hit?

I believe he is scheduled to make 12.75 mill. in 2015

and the Bucs are aiming for him too. Maybe.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bucs-are-pursuing-adrian-peterson/ar-AA9GyDp?ocid=HPCDHP

That's a lot of scratch for a guy who's hasn't played in 2 years and is a serial child-beater

That's my Vikings :wall:

That's my Vikings :wall:

:cry: mine too :thumbsdown:

Good for Murray. Seems like a solid dude off the field. He had a career year in a contract year.....behind one of the best lines in the NFL. With the Cowboys line the yards will come by RBBC, but they will miss his blocking. Guy is good at picking up blitzes.

Too much $$$$ for a guy with his injury history. I don't think Philthy's O line is nearly as good as the Cowboys, so his injury history could come up again.

The Boys have two serviceable backs now, and there are a lot of good backs in this draft to be had at a fraction of the price.

Good for Murray. Seems like a solid dude off the field. He had a career year in a contract year.....behind one of the best lines in the NFL. With the Cowboys line the yards will come by RBBC, but they will miss his blocking. Guy is good at picking up blitzes.

Too much $$$$ for a guy with his injury history. I don't think Philthy's O line is nearly as good as the Cowboys, so his injury history could come up again.

The Boys have two serviceable backs now, and there are a lot of good backs in this draft to be had at a fraction of the price.

The blocking is the key though. Romo gets dinged a lot and gets happy feet when he doesn't have time. This will lead to many more problems than just the lost yards on the ground.

Agreed. But the very young line will be more experienced. I'm sure they will address the blocking thru the draft, or FA, or use a TE in the backfield more.

It they don't keep Romo healthy they will go nowhere.

They were smart to not pay him that much, IMO.

Right now the best RB on Dallas is Randle, a Bonafide knuckle head . I know rb's have been devalued, and i agree, but don't go overboard. Cowboys look like the have T Richardson, S Jax and the draft. Any more? I remember jerry wanted Darren McFadden a few years back but took Felix jones. That might work, will be cheap. Ridley? Knowshon. Probably a vet and the draft

I bet Peterson goes to the cowboys for a conditional 3rd round pick

I bet Peterson goes to the cowboys for a conditional 3rd round pick

then instead of paying Murray 7 million, they'd be paying Peterson 12.5. Yup, that would be a Jerry Jones move.

I'll argue this with two words: Jerry Jones

(Bright, shiney pet projects always go Jerry's way.)

I'll argue this with two words: Jerry Jones

(Bright, shiney pet projects always go Jerry's way.)

He has moved away from that. Took OL in the first the last 3 years. Skipped on Manziel.

Football people seem to be making the decisions these days. :thumbsup:

Didn't particularly want Murray but the price tag is fine and sticking it to Dallas is just gravy. :thumbsup:

Didn't particularly want Murray but the price tag is fine and sticking it to Dallas is just gravy. :thumbsup:

I'd be worried about his work load last year. But, yeah, it has to be nice to take their best player from them. Yes I know they have Dez and Homo.

He is 27, has only played one season without injury........he had about 500 touches last year. No back who had over 370 in a season has rushed for over 1000 yards the next season. Eagles offered him 50% more than any other team.

Over paying for an injury prone running back who is getting old so you can say you stuck it to the Cowboys is one of the many reasons your organization is a joke. Also why you are 0-Forever in Super Bowl victories.

:banana:

He is 27, has only played one season without injury........he had about 500 touches last year. No back who had over 370 in a season has rushed for over 1000 yards the next season. Eagles offered him 50% more than any other team.

Over paying for an injury prone running back who is getting old so you can say you stuck it to the Cowboys is one of the many reasons your organization is a joke. Also why you are 0-Forever in Super Bowl victories.

Here's the b1tch Cowboys whining I was talking about. :lol:

:cry:

:lol:

Bwahahaha.

Terrell Davis

Ladanian Tomlinson

Chris Johnson.....

All three have had 1000 yard seasons after having 400 carries the season before. Stick to partisan politics, retard. Sports are a little too manly for you.

Here's the b1tch Cowboys whining I was talking about. :lol:

Sounds like you're both happy about him going to the Eagles. :dunno:

Bwahahaha.Terrell DavisLadanian TomlinsonChris Johnson.....All three have had 1000 yard seasons after having 400 carries the season before. Stick to partisan politics, retard. Sports are a little too manly for you.

Was it the next season, or later?

I relied on a Philthy sports writer, so my info could be off. Nothing but morons in that town.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/murray-jumps-ship-eagles-will-cowboys-have-last-laugh

Will Bradford/Murray/Matthews even combine to play 30 games this year? They've got maybe 2 whole seasons without injury in that group.

Even if Murray gets to 1000....big deal. Coulda saved a lotta coin if you only needed a 1000 yard rusher. Dude needs 1500 total yards and 10+ TDs to justify his signing. To RP's point....considering the workload and injury history.....gonna be tough to approach those numbers.

Sounds like you're both happy about him going to the Eagles. :dunno:

I would have liked for the Cowboys to keep him.......for the right price.

$42 Million ain't the right price.

They were smart to let him go. Icing on the cake is the Beagles being the team to over pay. :banana:

Will Bradford/Murray/Matthews even combine to play 30 games this year? They've got maybe 2 whole seasons without injury in that group.

Even if Murray gets to 1000....big deal. Coulda saved a lotta coin if you only needed a 1000 yard rusher. Dude needs 1500 total yards and 10+ TDs to justify his signing. To RP's point....considering the workload and injury history.....gonna be tough to approach those numbers.

Injuries are definitely a concern a quarterback. Bradford seems to be made of crystal. As for running back, with Murray, Matthews, and Sproles, they have plenty of insurance. Plus, should be able to keep all of their touches down.

They dumped McCoy's 10.5 million and are paying Murray 7 mil. Plus were able to get 2013 defensive rookie of the year in Alonso. For less than a million per. Loved getting Murray, Matthews, Alonso, and Maxwell. Not crazy about the Bradford trade. Or the Thurman signing. I don't think he's done, yet. Wouldn't be surprised for him to make a run at Crabtree. I heard maybe Harvin, but I hope not. He's nothing but trouble. And another injury risk.

C. Kelly basically swapped L. McCoy for D. Murray and K. Alonso - which isn't terrible..... But you have to ask - is Murray an upgrade over McCoy? And is Murray worth $8m a year if he's going to split carries with Sproiles & Matthews? :dunno: