Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Obummer solves Iran

Okay.

This is you with alcohol --> :cheers: <--This is me with soda

Happy hour in one hour. Crawfish and cold beer. :cheers:

Since the chance of going into a war with the most powerful country in the Middle East is virtually nil, slowing them down is the best option at this time.

What you're suggesting isn't going to happen. If Iran shows that it's not following the agreements, the sanctions go back into place, that's all that's going to happen.

How are you going to know if they follow the agreement since obama withdrew the requirement of snap inspections?

How is removing the sanctions going to slow them down?

lets table this talk until july 1... People are too caught up in deep throating the media soundbytes right now.. .lets see what actually gets signed... because if Iran acts as it usually does, they will be weaseling out of promises, stonewalling, and doing their usual gameplan...I suspect they drag their feet until they have a deal that gets rid of sanctions immediately in return for future promises.... once sanctions are lifted they will drag their feet and just move everything underground...

This is a reasonable viewpoint. The Iranian regime was and is still pretty anti-west. This is the middle east we're talking about.

Not particularly, but I always favor diplomacy over military action at the outset.

Gives you more legitimacy too if you do eventually have to go to war. Probably some allies as well

lets table this talk until july 1... People are too caught up in deep throating the media soundbytes right now.. .lets see what actually gets signed... because if Iran acts as it usually does, they will be weaseling out of promises, stonewalling, and doing their usual gameplan...I suspect they drag their feet until they have a deal that gets rid of sanctions immediately in return for future promises.... once sanctions are lifted they will drag their feet and just move everything underground...

and they will never get such a deal

Why did we go to war with Iraq? What was the selling point that both parties agreed upon? Removing Sadam's WMD's. We know for a fact that Iran is close to having nuclear weapons if they continue at their current pace. There is no "they might or probably have WMD's". We know for a fact that Iran is getting closer. And their stated goal is the destruction of Israel and America. Sorry Mr. Ayatola, you're a bad kid and we don't wont you playing with the same toys we have. You haven't proven yourself to be able to. Time to take them away.

On a lie about WMDs.

Then it was sold because of? Thats right...sanctions.

And you know what...it was a focking huge mistake.

And I know for a fact that with or without negotiations they are going to have nuclear capability. So you deal with them, monitor them and try to better control them with help of the international community.

They won't destory Israel nor do they have the capability to strike us here.

The minute one of their missles leaves their airspace and its known nuclear their country would be blown off the face of the earth and they know this.

Not particularly, but I always favor diplomacy over military action at the outset.

Especially against nations like Iran and North Korea.

They won't destory Israel

So, what you are saying is that we can't believe what they tell the world.

Well, by all means, lets enter into an agreement with them then. :doh:

So, what you are saying is that we can't believe what they tell the world.

Well, by all means, lets enter into an agreement with them then. :doh:

At least they honor their bets.

Anyone who believes they are just going to immediately lob a few nukes at Israel is a focking moron.

Anyone who believes they are just going to immediately lob a few nukes at Israel is a focking moron.

So they are liars whose word means nothing.

Well, by all means, let's enter into an agreement with them. :doh:

Unfortunately his plan is for a nuclear Iran to control the Middle East.

It looks like I was correct, unfortunately this is going to start a nuclear arms race in the Middle East. 10 countries are ready to jump in.

It looks like I was correct, unfortunately this is going to start a nuclear arms race in the Middle East. 10 countries are ready to jump in.

Looks like you think you are correct...but are likely just full of crap as usual.

BUSH!!!! :mad:

BUSH!!!! :mad:

Wrong. It's Obummer who wants to destroy the America and possibly the world.

So they are liars whose word means nothing.

Well, by all means, let's enter into an agreement with them. :doh:

are we talking about Iran or you?

Looks like you think you are correct...but are likely just full of crap as usual.

We all know who is full of crap around here, Hackapotomus.

Why am I not surprised you are so completely clueless about WTF is going on over there?

Saudi Arabia Keeps Hinting It Would Go Nuclear if Iran Does

RIYADH (Reuters) - The specter of an atomic arms race in the world's most volatile region has heightened the stakes in Iran's nuclear talks after Saudi Arabia's repeated hints it would seek its own atomic weapons if Tehran ever did the same.

http://www.newsweek.com/saudi-arabia-keeps-hinting-it-would-go-nuclear-if-iran-does-319131

We all know who is full of crap around here, Hackapotomus.

Why am I not surprised you are so completely clueless about WTF is going on over there?

http://www.newsweek.com/saudi-arabia-keeps-hinting-it-would-go-nuclear-if-iran-does-319131

All the more reason we should pursue diplomatic solutions to make sure iran doesn't get a nuclear bomb :)

All the more reason we should pursue diplomatic solutions to make sure iran doesn't get a nuclear bomb :)

I see we have another one dumb enough to believe the mullahs in Iran will keep their word. :lol:

I see we have another one dumb enough to believe the mullahs in Iran will keep their word. :lol:

Maybe we could use a guy who could look into their eyes and see their souls, like Bush the dumber did with Putin.

And what happens if they don't keep their word? Duh...hence the point of having such an agreement with stipulations if they don't focking follow through.

Most people would understand such things...but some need extra explanation.

And what happens if they don't keep their word? Duh...hence the point of having such an agreement with stipulations if they don't focking follow through.

Most people would understand such things...but some need extra explanation.

They never keep their word, Dummy.

What happens if we finally catch them not keeping their word? We go back to where we are today..........meanwhile, the Iranians are 2-5 years closer to the bomb.

Holy fukk you are the dumbest living being I have every encountered. :doh: :doh: :doh:

• Like 1

What happens if we finally catch them not keeping their word? We go back to where we are today..........meanwhile, the Iranians are 2-5 years closer to the bomb.

Holy fukk you are the dumbest living being I have every encountered. :doh: :doh: :doh:

What is your solution?

RP, Drobs, Etc, I don't care enough about politics to be a troll. But this topic interests me enough to be curious as to the alternative viewpoints.

Thumbnail version: Iran is currently under sanctions, yet they are still getting closer to having a nuke. We've apparently negotiated a deal that allows us to watch them better, makes it harder for them to build nucular weapons, etc, in exchange for an easing of some sanctions.

This is where I need to be educated. What are the alternatives to negotiating with them?

- do we not worry about what they are doing and maintain the status quo?

- do we just go ahead and attack?

RP, Drobs, Etc, I don't care enough about politics to be a troll. But this topic interests me enough to be curious as to the alternative viewpoints.

Thumbnail version: Iran is currently under sanctions, yet they are still getting closer to having a nuke. We've apparently negotiated a deal that allows us to watch them better, makes it harder for them to build nucular weapons, etc, in exchange for an easing of some sanctions.

This is where I need to be educated. What are the alternatives to negotiating with them?

Obama is in office so people like RP and others will think any solution is bad.

Doesn't matter that it gives us more chances to watch them.

They dont understand that in the end we wont be able to keep them from getting a nuke. Its going to happen inless we invade and basically occupy and take over the nation. So they complain because a democrat is in office.

I like that the Middle East is a firestorm and they are busy killing each other. I say we stay out if it as much as possible and deal with whoever "wins". Maybe Bush the dumber stumbled into a good thing de-stabilizing the area? But it did make Iran stronger, which everyone said would happen

Any thoughts on what Saddam would have done about Irans nukes? The first war between the two was costly for both of them.

Any thoughts on what Saddam would have done about Irans nukes? The first war between the two was costly for both of them.

Its definitely hindsight at this point...but Saddam kept some stability over there.

Control him...hold him back or fight him back (like the good Bush did)...but taking him out looks to have been a bad thing when looking at the area now.

Are you seriously okay with this POTUS making THIS deal with IRAN???

I am concerned. When I see someone like Howard Dean on MSNBC saying Obama should walk away from these talks, that shocks the hell out me.

Another MAJOR concern is Obama seems to be out of the loop on important shtt. A lot of times when some big news story breaks(Fast and Furious, Spying on US journalists and foreign leaders, IRS, etc..) and someone asked Obama about it, he said he learned about it through the news reports like we all did.

Check it out.

Does any of this concern you at all or do trust this POTUS with this deal???

Good question. I'd be a lot more worried if this was the U.S. and Iran by themselves. Our politicians are usually more worried about headlines and getting elected than about what's best for this country. The fact that it's the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Russia, and China vs Iran at the negotiating table gives me much more faith in it.

• Like 1

Are you seriously okay with this POTUS making THIS deal with IRAN???

I am concerned. When I see someone like Howard Dean on MSNBC saying Obama should walk away from these talks, that shocks the hell out me.

Another MAJOR concern is Obama seems to be out of the loop on important shtt. A lot of times when some big news story breaks(Fast and Furious, Spying on US journalists and foreign leaders, IRS, etc..) and someone asked Obama about it, he said he learned about it through the news reports like we all did.

Check it out.

Your question seems a bit general.

When you ask "Are you seriously okay with this POTUS making THIS deal with IRAN???", it seems you have issues with the deal itself. Obviously there are things I wish were MORE in our favor. But what are the aspects of the deal that you feel we are worse off for agreeing to compared to if we had just stood pat?

And when you ask "does any of this concern you at all or do trust this POTUS with this deal??", it reads a bit like you just don't trust Obama to make any deal, no matter what it is. But to answer your question, i generally have two initial concerns about these sorts of things. 1. Did we get the best deal we could? I don't know the answer to this one, but I hope so. And 2. After we've negotiated as much as we can, are we better off making the deal or walking away? Based on everything I have read, it seems to me that we are much better off with the deal in place. I could care less if it was "this POTUS", the last one, or the next one that makes the deal.

• Like 2

Good question. I'd be a lot more worried if this was the U.S. and Iran by themselves. Our politicians are usually more worried about headlines and getting elected than about what's best for this country. The fact that it's the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Russia, and China vs Iran at the negotiating table gives me much more faith in it.

All countries that have backed away from confrontation after 9/11 and we had to go it alone because of their cowardly stance on anything involving a military stance and have since, all but China, been affected.

Oh my God. Considering how you're one if the more reasonable Obummer critics, it's a total shock you could be so ignorant: such a total lack of understanding that my head exploded.

For the record, since you clearly don't know this, everything you just typed is 180 degrees in the opposite direction of what's in the agreement. It is physically impossible to craft a more backwards post. You obviously have subzero idea what was negotiated.

Everything in the agreement opens up all Iranian facilities to intrusive inspections, no sanctions are lifted until international inspectors confirm the Iranians are in compliance. So they have to comply before any sanctions are lifted and sanctions are reimposed if they are ever found. The sanctions are in place. Any stonewalling or weaseling at this point and they remain in place. If they take up the stonewalling later, after sanctions are lifted the sanctions snap back in effect.

The inspectors are alowed in there and are all up in their ass crawling around looking for violations before anything happens. If they are caught in violation, they don't get jack squat in terms of sanction relief. Sanction relief comes after they are verified to be in compliance. Until that point, they get nothing.

How do they get 2-5 years closer to having a bomb with inspectors are all up in their ass during those 2-5 years. If they really do intend to cheat and secretly work on a bomb, they're going to have to do a heck of a job not tipping off the inspectors to what is going on.