Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

2015 Site is up

Things are sort of rolling with the NFL draft now a week in the rear view mirror from when I typed this. Kick the forum site to make sure it works.

I went ahead and set uo the 2015 League host site. http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=1509209

We won't be drafting there. ESPN doesn't offer a slow draft option and like hell am I going to try organizing a live draft or -even worse- one of those autopick drafts where you plug in all the names up front and can't adjust strategy along the way.

This is our 2015 draft site at MFL again: http://www32.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/72418#0

Things aren't fully functional yet.

Awesome! Can't wait for the season to start. I was wondering why I have the 12th pick in the first round I was under the impression I would be 3rd or 4th. Also when will the draft picks we traded for last season be added so we can start strategizing and mocks.

Also one last question. If we need to fill a spot this season one of my buddies (has experience playing fantasy) i. Interested.

The draft order is not correct at either site. I've not put in the work yet.

As for new members, if there's an opening, there are three that have expressed an interest. posty would get first shot and drobeski and RLLD are also on the list, I forget which is #2 and #3.

When Big Blue said he would give up his spot, posty was the first to request it before OldMaid but before I could accept him, shotsup chimed in with his bizarro humor and scared him off. So I owe posty the right of first refusal. He's been around FF message boards forever. When I was new to FF, 1998 at thehuddle.com posty was already a long established member there. Still, I've never been a league with him.

Drobeski's status as notorious fringe right wing conspiracy lunatic doesn't disqualify him. I'd never let that affect my judgment. If anything mattered, he does tend to pick slowly in 12 Geeks, which is more troubling. Otherwise he's been pretty solid as a league mate.

RLLD is a solid guy. The Other two have their quirks. I've never been in a league with him before.

I need to find out if BigBlue is in or out... I gave him the option to have his team back if he wants it. If not... expect a name change for our team.

couple things

1. the only team showing a roster on the new espn league is clerks. when will current rosters be loaded so trades can be offered?

2. Drobeski was better in 12geeks1cup but was a nightmare to deal with in Moz's 'MFFL' league. Had to be replaced after repeatedly, purposely sitting on the clock. MFFL is a more serious league than 12Geeks (which I won btw :first: ) and I think this dynasty is also more serious than 12Geeks. I would pass on Drobeski. just my 2 cents.

couple things

1. the only team showing a roster on the new espn league is clerks. when will current rosters be loaded so trades can be offered?

2. Drobeski was better in 12geeks1cup but was a nightmare to deal with in Moz's 'MFFL' league. Had to be replaced after repeatedly, purposely sitting on the clock. MFFL is a more serious league than 12Geeks (which I won btw :first: ) and I think this dynasty is also more serious than 12Geeks. I would pass on Drobeski. just my 2 cents.

Dammit. I see that too.

Grrr...

Actually no, I didn't see that Clerks still had his team. I saw mine disappeared and a lot of studs were FAs.

It didn't start off that way. A couple of weeks ago when I set up the new site everything carried over beautifully. The only problem was the ongoing issue with Delone Carter. A seemingly smooth transition.

So I was just in there today, hadn't noticed anything remiss. And I started off really happy, getting the results I was hoping for. Is Legarrett Blount a free agent? Yes!!!! Whoo Hoo! How about Joseph Randle? All right! Whoo! Hoo!

Everything was coming up roses. What a great day.

Then what tipped me off was that I noticed that Andre Luck was also a free agent, which, I know I didn't miss that guy getting cut. Now Blount and Randle were kind of marginal guys that I can't say I paid much attention to them at the end of last year but Luck being a FA is something I would have noticed since I combed that list repeatedly approximately a bajillion or so times before the rosters got locked. Then Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Aaron Rodgers, all FAs too? No, something is definitely wrong here. I wonder if anybody else is having this problem.... and then this post.

Thankfully I'd cut and pasted rosters in the thread next door at the end of last year after we locked them so its not like they're lost. I though the odds were low that we'd need that list but ...eh... what the heck, may was well be safe. I'm kind of anal and paranoid about these things. It's going to prove a real lifesaver. But it's going to take a lot of effort and dumb muscle to get them reloaded (and the draft site updated, I set them both up but otherwise I've been lazy to actually update them). All I know is I have the 12th pick as for the rest of you guys... uh... well I have it recorded somewhere here if I can find it.

Seeing the ESPN site implode I wonder if I did something wrong. There was this thing about declaring keepers which I set in the far distant future but otherwise just ignored. I wonder if that 'deadline' passed and all out players got cut. It's not like there's anything that resembles tech support at ESPN, everything I do there, I have to figure out myself.

I can't very well fix it until Monday. I don't spend much time online during the weekends and won't be feeling like doing it but I have a lot of goof-off time at work between classes when I knock stuff like this out. I'll see how lazy I feel by then. I can't be leaving the house looking like it's falling apart.

I'll definitely help with setting the rosters. I can probably get most or all of that done before the weekend is over.

As for picks I know I traded Deangelo Williams for a 4th rounder and Romo for a 2nd. I feel like I made one more trade but I'm not sure.

PS good call on posting those rosters.

I'll definitely help with setting the rosters. I can probably get most or all of that done before the weekend is over.

As for picks I know I traded Deangelo Williams for a 4th rounder and Romo for a 2nd. I feel like I made one more trade but I'm not sure.

PS good call on posting those rosters.

Toga Toga's 2nd rounder goes to Silent Bob Clerks (in trade for Romo)

4th round pick from Dazed and Confused goes to me (Clerks for DeAngelo Williams)

3rd round pick from Reefer Madness to Clerks (for Ben Tate)

You were involved in all three draft pick trades.

Now we have to figure out the draft order.

1. Maltese Falcons 10-3
2. Top Gun 9-4
3. Toga! Toga! 8-5
4. I Had Friends OnThatDeat... 8-5
5. Big Trouble in Little China 8-5
6. Pulp Fiction 8-5
7. Boondock Saints 7-6
8. Reefer Madness 7-6
9. Cannibal Holocaust 7-6
10. Dr. Strangelove 6-7
11. Oscillation Overthrusters 6-7
12. The Clerks. 3-10
13. Dazed and Confused 2-11
14. Deep Throat 2-11

Draft Order:

1) Deep Throat

2) Dazed and Confused (Suzie will take over fully from Big Blue and intends to change the name)

3) Clerks

4) Oscillation Overthrusters (same owner, formerly Buckaroo Banzai)

5) Dr. Strangelove

6) Cannibal Hollocaust

7) Reefer Madness

8) Boondock Saints

9) Pulp Fiction

10) I Had Friends On That Death Star

11) Top Gun

12) Maltese Falcons

13) Big Trouble in Little China

14) Toga! Toga!

So we have everything we need: rosters, draft order, draft picks traded

So long as we don't get Latin Pimped or Mike's hamster dies by Monday, we'll be good to go.

Well I'm just going to throw this out there.. Deep Throat I'll trade you my 1.03 my secound rounder from Toga, third rounder from Reefer and 4th rounder from Dazed. All for your 1.01

is the draft starting already? feels like we just got the new ESPN site sorted out and might want a little time to work on trades?

Not me, I was pretty active last offseason it paid off. One more good offseason and I feel my teams a contender.

Let me know DT.

is the draft starting already? feels like we just got the new ESPN site sorted out and might want a little time to work on trades?

No, no no.

Oh, hells no. You've got so much time ... like three months.

The draft doesn't start until deep into August. I deliberately pushed it back as far into preseason as I could without risking it to carry over into week one.

Before making a decision, you'll get a good eyeful on how all the contested starting jobs are playing out, which rookies look good, which rookies look bad, who's that former 6th rounder from the 2013 draft that you'd never heard of until two weeks ago but has come out of nowhere and is play out of his mind, and also which veterans just blew out their knees to, in turn, open up a 2015 starting job for these others guys over here.

Camp hasn't even started started yet and we've still got all of that plus two preseason games to watch before deciding on who to cut. And then another third week (if needed) to decide who to draft. So folks can still sleep on it for another month or two if they want without missing anything. I'll start kicking everybody awake come end of camp/week one preseason time or so to see which ones of us have still got a pulse.

Also, I'll put off another little bit getting the site set up. Today my daughter's school choir came downtown, my wife and the baby came to watch her perform so I took everybody to pizza for lunch. Tomorrow, I'll meet up with another American friend for lunch, a guy that I haven't seen for a couple of months, so again, be a bit busy. But Wednesday, I have no plans so that's when I'll be taking care of league business. Mid-May is still deep in hibernation mode so it's not like anything is urgent, I can get away with leaving the two sites looking like cr@p for a little bit.

We're Sorry

League Manager transactions are disabled after your league's keeper deadline has passed. League Manager Transactions will be allowed again after completion of your league's draft.

I was in there just now to start but it didn't happen. The above is the message is what I got instead. It's what I thought. I needed to set a date for "declaring keepers." I found the question irrelevant, didn't care, and pretty much ignored it and put some meaningless BS in there to get the window to close so I could get out of there and on with my life. Apparently that bit me in the ass since the 'declare keeper' window must have passed and since nobody declared keepers, we all lost our players.

And now I can't fix it because when i went in there to try, I failed and got this message.

Well, I'm not happy at all. Here I am in the mood right now to do the work to override the site and instead I got blocked. I'm a pretty stubborn S.O.B. who isn't going to be babysat by and defeated by some technical glitch put in place a partially motivated temp tech staffer with a bad attitude who doesn't give a sh*t or post an email address to hear about what he's doing wrong. Anyways, it doesn't matter when the ESPN site thinks the draft is since I never intended to draft at ESPN anyways. They only offer a live draft option or an up front player ranking list that essentially functions the same way. Both options suck and were never going to happen anyways.

So I'm going to set the draft date at ESPN to either yesterday or ASAP so I can load rosters. Then set up the draft site at MFL which offers the drafting conditions the league requires. Then, in August after the draft at MFL happens, go back to ESPN and hopefully find a way to forcefeed the results into the system there. I should have the tools to do so.

Rosters are all reloaded at ESPN. I've still yet to load them at the draft site.

Draft site is as fully set up as I can make it for now. Rosters are loaded, draft order set, traded draft picks entered. It's ready until August when we make cuts and I have to fine tune the draft.

Quick question, if I don't set my pre draft order I can just make my pick when I'm on the clock threw email?

Quick question, if I don't set my pre draft order I can just make my pick when I'm on the clock threw email?

I dunno, maybe. I've been using MFL for 17 years and I've never used email to draft, I just log into the site. I don't have it send email because that just clutters up my inbox. I'm always up in there refreshing the page during a draft anyways.

Well I'm just going to throw this out there.. Deep Throat I'll trade you my 1.03, my second rounder from Toga, third rounder from Reefer and 4th rounder from Dazed. All for your 1.01

:D <_<

eager little 90s baby
  • Like 1

Update from League Office HQ:

Absolutely nothing is going on. Thank You for your time. See you soon.

What? You want more? OK.

From the day nzoner's Toga! Toga! team won the championship until now, you've missed nothing too important. Big Blue stepped aside and Old Maid will move from co-owner to full owner and re-name the Dazed and Confused team, but you already knew that. Southcarolina has decided to rename Buckaroo Banzai to Oscilation Overthrusters which, if you're familiar, is a device directly tied to that movie. If you've got any interest in passing through matter in the 8th dimension, I would refer all questions to him.

The league's 2015 gears have already long been greased at both the draft site and league site so we'll be ready to roll when the dust clears. As you know, any rules change stuff only gets voted on in the preseason but our agenda is clear, this is the first year that we may not have anything to discuss.

In about two to three weeks, I'll start shaking everybody to see if we can get back the same fourteen from last year. Everyone is in the good graces of the league and is re-invited. No drama. We'll replace those that don't show at that time (and we actually have a wait list three deep this year, but that's a bit dated now to when Old Maid joined the league.). Drobeski is #2 on that list but since he's soon to be booted from 12 Geeks for inactivity, it may be more fragile than I think. We'll see. Hopefully everybody shows up and I I don't have to use the list. That's it for right now.

:lol: <_<

I'm here and alive for now. I plan to be around to manage my very average and marginal team...

Team name change question:

Does it have to be a movie, or can I use a tv show?

Team name change question:

Does it have to be a movie, or can I use a tv show?

I'd perfer to stick to movies. The rules can be fast and loose I guess but if you do choose a TV show for your team name, you'd be the first.

I'd perfer to stick to movies. The rules can be fast and loose I guess but if you do choose a TV show for your team name, you'd be the first.

Well, originally I was going to go with Heather's... but that's kind of girly, and I don't want to be "that girl" in an all guys league. So then, Twin Peaks got into my head and I really like it. There was a movie, but it was called Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me...but that's a mouthful and I don't dig it as much.

Your call though... :dunno:

Yeah, they made a Twin Peaks movie, so it's fine. roll with Twin Peaks.

Star Trek and Spock are mostly TV shows as well, a few movies. A few is enough, to honor Leonard Nimoy's passing, I've had him featured on the league homesite most of the offseason. I'll do something with Christopher Lee soon, he's on deck.

Looks like I'm unable to change the name until after we complete the draft. Unless you have the capability to do it from your end.

that's a mouthful and I don't dig it as much.

Obviously you are NOT a custom to a mouthful. Sorry to hear.

You all should have gotten a note from me in your inbox. I was happy that I didn't get any error messages so things should start turning.

Just heard from Jon from Top Gun, he's in but on vacation right now. He'll become more active in early August.

I'm in as well. Looking forward to it. If anyone's stacked at qb I could use a backup and am willing to trade. Oh, my team is Dr Strangelove by the way.

• Like 1

Stupid question... where do I find the trade info?

Hey Volty... while I was looking around, I noticed that Dan is still listed as an owner and that my team nickname is still DC. Can I change that, or do you have to?

Stupid question... where do I find the trade info?

Umm... anyone?