Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round One & Two Commentary**

did i get the last pick again? thats gotte be 2 of the last 3 years. or 3 f the last 4 or something weird.

did i get the last pick again? thats gotte be 2 of the last 3 years. or 3 f the last 4 or something weird.

i think someone must have replied to en email with last years order... or i was drunk. looks like i pick 7th

Will be playing golf tomorrow from about 10 AM CDT to about 2 PM. Will be able to check in via phone. Just an FYI.

Ready to get this thing rolling! :thumbsup:

Will be playing golf tomorrow from about 10 AM CDT to about 2 PM. Will be able to check in via phone. Just an FYI.

Ready to get this thing rolling! :thumbsup:

It must be nice to be in early retirement!

ICEMAN

Luck number 1...nice

In a redraft or dynasty setting without question.....the guy is easily the #1, in this format, meh......best ball/score for week to week, maybe just a smidge too early?

1.01 - Luck... Each season there's 1 or 2 RBs that stand above the next group of 3-4, and those stand far above the rest (+5ppg). There are 1-2 QBs that stand far above the rest (+5ppg). Predicting which QB will be on top is much easier than which RB. And with the weapons IND has added I think Luck jumps right to the top of the list.

Can't argue against any strategy this year, really. It is so wide open. I will go conservative with my first pick and try to add some good complementary pieces in rounds 2 & 3.

We may get hung up here for just a bit. Hopefully not.

Can't argue against any strategy this year, really. It is so wide open. I will go conservative with my first pick and try to add some good complementary pieces in rounds 2 & 3.

Could have gone a few ways there, the Charles pick makes sense. Early on he struggled with some game concepts that prevented him from playing more snaps, but has resolved them and is now likely the top RB. Should stay healthy, be a focal point, score gobs of points.

Luck........................ wish you the best of Luck with this pick. Bold move in "best ball" format, but I can't fault the pick here.

Luck........................ wish you the best of Luck with this pick. Bold move in "best ball" format, but I can't fault the pick here.

I think it's way too early in the draft to be worrying about the best ball thing. Consider it straight redraft for now and as such, the pick makes sense.

Tough to fully forget about the No Hassle format but I weighed this pick just considering Redraft.

I think it's way too early in the draft to be worrying about the best ball thing. Consider it straight redraft for now and as such, the pick makes sense.

Will draft like "Redraft" then.

in a dynasty i can see it. in this format or even in a redraft i can't. too many good QBs, I think but then again you guys all know my stance on the position.

in a dynasty i can see it. in this format or even in a redraft i can't. too many good QBs, I think but then again you guys all know my stance on the position.

Many Good QBs, yes. Elite QBs, no.

And the few Elite's have outscored even the Good one's by 5ppg. I expect Luck to blow up this season.

:bench:

Many Good QBs, yes. Elite QBs, no.

And the few Elite's have outscored even the Good one's by 5ppg. I expect Luck to blow up this season.

i like Luck as the #1 QB just not as the #1 pick or as a first rounder, but like i said before most guys who have played with me before know where I stand on the position and why. There were 9 QB's within 5PPG of the top spot last season. with most redrafts having you start 1, I'll usually always wait and grab guy number 9 or 10, a guy i feel can crack the top 5, and get them in round 8 or 9.

but thats why the june mock is so great. and why drafting with the best of the best is such a help for later on in the drafting season.

I'll +1 that Luck felt early. In today's NFL, I just don't know that you can justify spending a first round pick, let alone the first overall pick, on a QB when there's just so much depth at the position.

Though I will say, I give him next to 0 chance of busting. Barring injury, he should still put up big numbers, even if he doesn't live up to his draft position.

I'll +1 that Luck felt early. In today's NFL, I just don't know that you can justify spending a first round pick, let alone the first overall pick, on a QB when there's just so much depth at the position.

Though I will say, I give him next to 0 chance of busting. Barring injury, he should still put up big numbers, even if he doesn't live up to his draft position.

I have a very clear opinion on this, but want to wait until later as it might reveal too much this early and want to keep the mock intact.

i like Luck as the #1 QB just not as the #1 pick or as a first rounder, but like i said before most guys who have played with me before know where I stand on the position and why. There were 9 QB's within 5PPG of the top spot last season. with most redrafts having you start 1, I'll usually always wait and grab guy number 9 or 10, a guy i feel can crack the top 5, and get them in round 8 or 9.

but thats why the june mock is so great. and why drafting with the best of the best is such a help for later on in the drafting season.

And 9 times out of 10 I fall right into the same school of thought on grabbing a 2nd tier QB later, just like you. This year is the exception for me. Ideally I would have traded back and looked for him later in the 1st or early 2nd but that wasn't an option. And he would not have made it to my 2/3 turn so decided to pull the trigger with the 1st pick overall.

Without trading as an option, if you want a player in a particular round, it really doesn't matter where you take him in that round because all 1st round picks (w/o trading) are equal.

I have a very clear opinion on this, but want to wait until later as it might reveal too much this early and want to keep the mock intact.

:P

And as usual with an out-of-the-box early round pick, the next 4-5 rounds will determine how good/bad Luck #1 overall will be.

Game on. :wave:

Welcome newbie! If you have any questions, just let me know.

ICEMAN

Game on. :wave:

I could open-mouth kiss you right now

Might as well send me the imaginary trophy now. AP with one year of rest. Muhahahah

Without trading as an option, if you want a player in a particular round, it really doesn't matter where you take him in that round because all 1st round picks (w/o trading) are equal.

Jeff is right on with this comment...... if you want him and he's a first round pick..... it doesn't matter where you take him.

Too early for my blood, but I sure respect JScott's talent evaluation. We shall see!

• Like 1

Might as well send me the imaginary trophy now. AP with one year of rest. Muhahahah

AD is who I was deciding between with Luck.

Fumble should have Vikings selection, no?

Fumble should have Vikings selection, no?

Yep. Must be searching for his tee-shot in the woods ;)

And 9 times out of 10 I fall right into the same school of thought on grabbing a 2nd tier QB later, just like you. This year is the exception for me. Ideally I would have traded back and looked for him later in the 1st or early 2nd but that wasn't an option. And he would not have made it to my 2/3 turn so decided to pull the trigger with the 1st pick overall.

its a good debate for sure. and while there are plenty of times where I have reached half a round for a player because I was high on him and knew there was no chance in him making it back to me, i've never done so with a QB and not sure I could do so with the #1 overall pick. I think if I had pick 1 and really liked Luck and no trades were allowed I would reason with myself that I could probably get QB 3 or 4 on my list at the next turn and not be much worse off at the position yet probably be much better off at another position.

FF game theory at its finest, for sure.

I agree with Vikes that at the very least its an extremely safe selection which is funny given that its also out of the box thinking, which in most areas of life is rarely the "safe" play

AD is who I was deciding between with Luck.

Funny, because my board was 1. AD 2. Luck