Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round One & Two Commentary**

LOL. Thanks, remote.

Let the Bengals bashing begin. Wanted to go 2 other players here, but the drop off to the next tier of RBs would have been huge by my 3rd pick.

CJ Anderson: Pass.

For the same reason I passed on Montee Ball last year. The Denver running game is just too damn unpredictable. Better to gamble on a later round back and hope Peyton falls in love with him. CJ Anderson last year. Knowshon Moreno the year before.

Not saying it's bad or won't work.....just didn't expect Hill to go yet.

Concur. But if you really like the guy and do not expect him to last to the next pick I think I get it at this stage. I felt that Hill and Anderson were both more along the lines of a 2.05 to 2.07 range.

That being said, if you like them alot and more than anything else on the table between now and your next pick I can rationalize these picks. The interesting thing being that this type of drafting normally did not kick in until the end of round 2 and into 3, but here we see it occurring very early. Speaks to the uniqueness of this years draft.

I think CJ will be a stud this year. I had he and Murray 6 and 7 this year at RB and bell 8th because of his suspension.

Lacy

Charles

Lynch

Forte

ADP

CJ

Murray

Bell

They can't tire manning out early again, and CJ will aid that cause.

Hill had 50 runs over the first 8 games of the season...basically 2 games worth. So in 10 games he hit 1100 yards as a rookie. I'd almost say he's a lock for 1300 to 1400 over a full season as a starter.

He hasn't sent me anything. I figured the pick was soon enough for him to post, but I got nothing.

Ruh Roh

well im good with whoever falls to me here

well im good with whoever falls to me here

You are always such the optimist :wub:

so much IBL success does that to a team/man ;)

I think Arian Foster's value will increase once people realize that he is probably the last guy on that tier of RBs. I thought he was going to go late 1st.

Guys...so sorry to be MIA on the first day. I am home now and ready to roll. One of my good friends just finished chemo and has been declared cancer-free. He wanted to celebrate by playing golf with me today and I was happy to do it, even though the timing was poor. In any event, I do not foresee any more significant times away from a computer. Thanks to JScott for taking the reins today thus far. I will post my thoughts on the first round momentarily.

Guys...so sorry to be MIA on the first day. I am home now and ready to roll. One of my good friends just finished chemo and has been declared cancer-free. He wanted to celebrate by playing golf with me today and I was happy to do it, even though the timing was poor. In any event, I do not foresee any more significant times away from a computer. Thanks to JScott for taking the reins today thus far. I will post my thoughts on the first round momentarily.

:cheers:

Arian Foster was a great pick, IMHO. Definitely the last of his tier, and gives Dan a fair number 1 RB after taking Gronk in the first.

Arian Foster was a great pick, IMHO. Definitely the last of his tier, and gives Dan a fair number 1 RB after taking Gronk in the first.

Agreed

also agree. Foster carries risk but really, what RB doesn't? definitely a good get to pair with the Gronk pick

After i picked In round 1 i had a list of WRs I wanted... Dez, Antonio, ODB jr, Dem Thomas, ____, ____, _____

i really was expecting to be picking between the final 2 ____'s.

I was salivating at the thought of Foster falling to me, but I believe that Rodgers is a great fallback plan. I was tempted by some of the top-tier WR's still available, but Rodgers was too good to pass up. He has such a track record of high performance at the elite level.

ICEMAN

First round thoughts;

Thought Luck went too soon, but can't really argue with the logic. It's a weak top tier at RB this year (maybe from now on) and taking a QB or WR with the first pick is no longer ludicrous.

Eddie Lacy was almost who I grabbed at 2. Was debating between him and Charles. Thought he was nice value at 5.

Surprised Marshawn Lynch went when he did. Really surprised. I see him as more of an 1.08-1.10 kind of guy.

Loved the Gronk pick by Dan. Footballguys.com has him as the #1 overall pick in a redraft, so I was curious about where he'd go in our draft.

Also thought Antonio Brown was a very solid pick at 10.

Don't like C.J. Anderson that high for reasons others have already stated.

Surprised Marshawn Lynch went when he did. Really surprised. I see him as more of an 1.08-1.10 kind of guy.

I'm always cleaning up Mike's messes :lol:

As I told Mike before he handed me the controls to the team formerly known as Matt's Eagles, I think my choice would have been Lynch, AP or Bell.

1.01- JScott- QB Andrew Luck, Ind. - Easy first selection not the work begins
1.02- Fumbleweed- RB Jamaal Charles, KC - Charles is always safe and I expect more offense this season from the chefs
1.03- The Football Guru- RB Marshawn Lynch, Sea. - Solid first rounder in this format especially
1.04- RicemanX-RB Adrian Peterson, Min. - All I said was I liked Lacy and forte better. He might have a burr up his butt.
1.05- Vikings4Ever- RB Eddie Lacy, GB - Steal of the round!
1.06- Robb- RB LeVeon Bell, Pit. - I couldn't do it with the suspension. He is a great back and had to be drafted.
1.07- White Wonder- RB LeSean McCoy, Buf. - They will run a lot. he just needs to run forward....Fred will!
1.08- ICEMAN- RB Matt Forte, Chi. - Forte was a great 8th pick! Stud!
1.09- Dan- TE Rob Gronkowski, NE - I wanted Luck /gronk on the turn
1.10- Shovelheadt- WR Antonio Brown, Pit. - PPR top 5. Drafted right where he belongs in this format
1.11- Ray Lewis' Limo Driver- WR Dez Bryant, Dal. - Dez should easily hold down this spot.
1.12- Remote Controller- RB C.J. Anderson, Den. - Completely different role for CJ this year. Great nose for the endzone and a beast!

ODB was a steal. I'm a bit worried about a sophomore slump, but after the performance he put on last year...

With 1 pick before mine, I'm pretty happy with the options I have.

Got a bit of a WR run. Megatron had a down season due to injury, I'll take the mid second round gamble on him returning to form.

I knew it was Jordy with my 2nd round pick. And it was. He is exactly where he should be.

It was Jones, Nelson or Megatron for me at 2.07...... I decided on the WR with a little less competition, i.e. Julio.

I know he was injured, but if I hear right, he is allright now. Gues we'll know who was the better selection well into the season.

those _____'s on my list were Calvin, Julio and Jordy in that order... and those were the next 3 to go. 1 more that really stands out still on the board i think.

It was Jones, Nelson or Megatron for me at 2.07...... I decided on the WR with a little less competition, i.e. Julio.

I know he was injured, but if I hear right, he is allright now. Gues we'll know who was the better selection well into the season.

Yea, there's a whole clump of WRs here to choose from.

those _____'s on my list were Calvin, Julio and Jordy in that order... and those were the next 3 to go. 1 more that really stands out still on the board i think.

I'm assuming I just got that one WR.

That would be my assumption also!

Although, I am sure Mike would have made the same pick....right. LOL

Glad to hear your friend is finished with chemo. I'd play a round of golf for such an occasion before running a June mock myself :thumbsup:

Wasn't expecting Alshon to be available at 2.12. Happy he fell a few spots further than expected. Now that he's the top WR in CHI with the departure of ______ I expect his targets (7th last season) to go up some, his ypc to go back up to what it was in 2013, and increased TDs, putting him squarely back in the top 8-10.

Wasn't expecting Alshon to be available at 2.12. Happy he fell a few spots further than expected. Now that he's the top WR in CHI with the departure of ______ I expect his targets (7th last season) to go up some, his ypc to go back up to what it was in 2013, and increased TDs, putting him squarely back in the top 8-10.

It's ok. You can type Willie Gault's name without any shame.