Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Draft Commentary: Rounds 10-16

Vereen was my second choice after Gates at 9.3, so I'm thrilled to get him here. It would not surprise me if he ends up being the most productive fantasy back in NY, given Jennings' injury history and Williams' ineptitude.

Added bonus: my one-minute pick should move me up Ray's time standings.

Damn you Guru. Not that I wanted to take a 5th RB at this point but Vereen would have been too good to pass up.

Damn you Guru. Not that I wanted to take a 5th RB at this point but Vereen would have been too good to pass up.

I needed insurance just in case Randle decides to shoplift again.

Tanny is more of an intermediate passer so cameron will be good for him.

Josh Hill, imo, will be a top 7 tight end and I'm sure there were more than 7 drafted before h8m. Though I havnt been keeping track.

Just like I don't expect seattle to drastically change their offense because they added jimmy graham, I don't expect new orleans to drastically change because they lost him. Payton loves Hill and I think brees trusts him. Cooks will see a target boost but I believe Hill will see a major boost

Vereen was my other choice if not hill. I took hill because this is a savvy group and didn't expect hI'm to make it back to me. I can live Without vereen in standard scoring

Tanny is more of an intermediate passer so cameron will be good for him.

Josh Hill, imo, will be a top 7 tight end and I'm sure there were more than 7 drafted before h8m. Though I havnt been keeping track.

Just like I don't expect seattle to drastically change their offense because they added jimmy graham, I don't expect new orleans to drastically change because they lost him. Payton loves Hill and I think brees trusts him. Cooks will see a target boost but I believe Hill will see a major boost

I don't want to turn this into a "my dynasty team thread", but I hope you are right about Hill. I picked him up off waivers in March in hopes to pad my depth behind Graham and Rudolph. I wouldn't mind moving Graham at some point for another young WR to pair up with Watkins and a 55-65 catch, 6-8 TD year may be enough for me to do that.

I go back and forth on HIll's redraft prospects. It is obvious the Saints trust him in the red zone and his measurables are pretty much in line with Graham's. I do wonder if the renewed emphasis on the ground game doesn't end up costing him though.

He won't be jimmy graham but he numbers you mentioned are more than realistic

I have been trying to figure out where to take Knile Davis as insurance for Jamaal Charles this whole draft. Glad he wasn't picked in the last 20 picks or so...

I have been trying to figure out where to take Knile Davis as insurance for Jamaal Charles this whole draft. Glad he wasn't picked in the last 20 picks or so...

You were wise to select him now.

That's all I'm saying.

ICEMAN

Every team drafting in a BB format should target at least one big-play WR, so I'm very happy Brown is still around. I don't know if he leads the Cardinals in receiving this year, but he is definitely primed to produce more than he did during a very impressive rookie season.

Ivory was a nice late pick for me last year. NY will be RBBC, but Ivory looks to be number 1, and can put up decent numbers in limited carries.

Really like David Johnson's value here in round 11, especially after such an mediocre year by Andre Ellington. Hope they give DJ a hard look at training camp.

Wanted either Ivory (great value vs. his ADP) or Johnson, but both got snatched away from me. Made me go back to the drawing board (I hate when that happens!).

Stills speed along with Tannehill should make him a big play receiver in Miami. That is also good for BB format. His is my WR5, so I think he should do well on my team.

Really like David Johnson's value here in round 11, especially after such an mediocre year by Andre Ellington. Hope they give DJ a hard look at training camp.

I really felt JScott needed this guy with Ellington.

I really felt JScott needed this guy with Ellington.

I had my eye on him but thought he'd have the best chance of the guys I was targeting to make it to my next picks.

Kaepernick represents my first true best ball format pick. I know we are not supposed to draft for it but the big games he will give you with his legs on occasion are a perfect compliment to eli

• Like 1

I had my eye on him but thought he'd have the best chance of the guys I was targeting to make it to my next picks.

Sorry man, RBs are flying off the board faster than I thought. I feel like I scrambled for my #3-5 RBs

Was thinking ivory might fly under the radar. But I've got some tricks u0 my sleeve for RB 4 and 5 I think

Sorry man, RBs are flying off the board faster than I thought. I feel like I scrambled for my #3-5 RBs

Not a problem. If I felt I needed him I would have taken him.

Wow....... I rather like V. Davis this year, but in the 11th I think that is a little early. That's only my opinion, and I know if you want a guy, you take him.

Yup!!

• Like 1

Vernon Davis was a big reach, and that's coming from a Niners fan. Curious if ICEMAN knows something I don't.

no one took Reggie Bush don't get me wrong I'm not exactly the biggest Reggie Bush fan but I'm a little surprised he lasted this long I mean I see him as potentially having a bigger impact today. Sorry I thought he was off the board

Wow....... I rather like V. Davis this year, but in the 11th I think that is a little early. That's only my opinion, and I know if you want a guy, you take him.

If you guys haven't noticed over the past 10 years or so, I do not give in to conventional thinking very much. I have my own values on each player that (in many cases) varies wildly from what the norm may be. If you don't believe me, take a look at Fumble's reviews of my drafts over the years. They usually are in the "I don't know what the hell ICEMAN is doing here, but every year it seems to work out, so who the hell am I to question!" variety.

As far as VD goes (WOW, that came out differently than I intended!), I am really expecting a major comeback this season. I think that last year was an anomaly that was (mostly) caused by a season-long back problem. The man is only 32 and is only a season removed from 850 yards and 13 TD's! Was last year the line in the sand where he fades off into the sunset? Maybe. I think that it is more likely that he returns (in some part) to form and racks up 800-900 yards and 6-7 TD's with Crabtree gone. We'll see. If we all thought the same way about things, how much fun would that be? :bandana:

ICEMAN

If you guys haven't noticed over the past 10 years or so, I do not give in to conventional thinking very much. I have my own values on each player that (in many cases) varies wildly from what the norm may be. If you don't believe me, take a look at Fumble's reviews of my drafts over the years. They usually are in the "I don't know what the hell ICEMAN is doing here, but every year it seems to work out, so who the hell am I to question!" variety.

Bad joke alert: so wait, ICEMAN is being a maverick?

As far as VD goes (WOW, that came out differently than I intended!), I am really expecting a major comeback this season. I think that last year was an anomaly that was (mostly) caused by a season-long back problem. The man is only 32 and is only a season removed from 850 yards and 13 TD's! Was last year the line in the sand where he fades off into the sunset? Maybe. I think that it is more likely that he returns (in some part) to form and racks up 800-900 yards and 6-7 TD's with Crabtree gone. We'll see. If we all thought the same way about things, how much fun would that be? :bandana:

ICEMAN

As long as you don't get philosophical about VD, I think you're fine :lol:

It sounds like SF wants to go deep a bit more this year and that should suit VD nicely assuming he's healthy. I think his catch totals are probably going to remain low as long as he is in SF, but I do expect more from him in the red zone this year.

I was tracking Latimer and Adams on this turn and then wanted to lock down my #4 rb. That choice boiled down to Ball, to back my investment in CJ Anderson or taking Ivory. Ivory was taken ahead of me and I still don't know which way I would have went had he been present. I am thankful I didn't have to choose if that makes any sense.

• Like 1

I've had Adams on my list for a couple rounds. If Cobb or Nelson get hurt, his value shoots up. If they don't, the GB passing offense is prolific enough that he'll have a few games where he puts up enough points for him to count in best ball.

I was going back and forth between Ball and Ivory. Like I said way back in the first round, the Denver running situation is a clusterfock. The third or fourth back on the depth chart could end up being the top scorer. So a later pick on a Denver back is a better investment, IMHO, than the first round pick on Anderson.

This year it is CJ. This mimmicks the TD situation years ago but we only had a two game sample from him. The final 6 games from CJ was NFL leading in many categories. They protect Mannings arm and run more early and run more late. The zone blocking and his forward power running assures CJ is gonna be a beast and the system will aid Ball , if called upon. Of course this is just my opinion. CJ will make every roster I draft this season, or I will die trying!

There is a TE being overlooked, especially given situations this year.

im thinking 1 of 2 guys but not sure how overlooked i think either of them are.