Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Draft Commentary: Rounds 10-16

Was watching Bush fall as well, I think I had him on my list of players sent to remote, but he was down a few spots. Given that the choice at this time is between aging and vaporizing former starters and unknown rookies (most of the good gambles being gone) Bush's fall was suspenseful to watch.

Was watching Bush fall as well, I think I had him on my list of players sent to remote, but he was down a few spots. Given that the choice at this time is between aging and vaporizing former starters and unknown rookies (most of the good gambles being gone) Bush's fall was suspenseful to watch.

Bush was the top guy on your list for round 11.

I thought about taking Fred Jackson along with 2 other RBs here (one was almost so obvious, but I had reasons not to take him) and in the end I am banking on Sproles to have a few great games. He may even return kicks for a TD or so. I know he is #3 in Philly, so this could end up being a wasted selection.

Meh simply a handcuff for mccoy. I'm banking on if mccoy gets injured that rex and his staff will recognize the veteran presence of fjax, regardless of age. Like they did with LT in new york

Maybe a round too early for Culter, but I'd bet dollars to donuts he wouldn't make it back to me. I don't expect him to repeat last year, but he's got QB1 upside.

• Like 1

Like the Jace Amaro pick. He was the other that I was considering at 12.04. Very talented TE who needs to be more involved in that Jets offense this year if they are going to be successful.

Nice prospect this late in the draft.

Bush was the tBush was the top guy on your list for round 11.

See, there you go, I was high on him :unsure:

Like the Jace Amaro pick. He was the other that I was considering at 12.04. Very talented TE who needs to be more involved in that Jets offense this year if they are going to be successful.

Nice prospect this late in the draft.

I had him as a 13th or 14th rounder, but I have no gauge on when 3rd and 4th tier TEs will come off the board right now. So I might as well grab him while I can.

Here just catching up on picks and will make mine in a few.

Well...I wanted Flacco or Palmer, and you guys took that away from me. So...defense it is.

Flacco I thought would go ahead of a few guys with trestman in town

Williams had a nice rookie year, but regressed last year with the focus on the run game. Without Murray, they might have to pass more, and hopefully Williams benefits.

Also, Rice's pick scored 14 points in this format last year. :overhead:

Hey Fumble. Sent you a few names for my 14th round pick. I might be out for the next 3 hours, so let's hope those names last.

Williams had a nice rookie year, but regressed last year with the focus on the run game. Without Murray, they might have to pass more, and hopefully Williams benefits.

Also, Rice's pick scored 14 points in this format last year. :overhead:

I have a few positional flyers left in mind and none of them will be picked in the 13th or 14th round. I'm pretty much done.

Glad I wasn't the first to pick a defense, but I was ready to in this round anyway. My first choice was Buffalo so I didn't mind the Seahawks got selected. I like what Rex is doing with the defense in Buffalo and I do think they will outscore Seattle!

Was considering Williams since he was a nice pick, but that was taken care of for me.

I am very pleased to see Payne selected as I was very high on him as a backup to Stewert. But, I didn 't know if he was legit, but this proves it. This is why the June Mock is so damn helpful!

For a 5th RB I'm willing to roll the dice on the guy I expect to get a majority of work if (when) JStew goes down

Really hated liked the Bridgewater pick. Really thought I'd be able to grab him next round. Ah, well . . . one less Christmas card to send.

13th round for Dalton migh end up a huge steal. Last year he was without Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert for the entire year and AJ Green for most of 5 games. Bernard missed time too. That's an ass load of targets missing.

13th round for Dalton migh end up a huge steal. Last year he was without Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert for the entire year and AJ Green for most of 5 games. Bernard missed time too. That's an ass load of targets missing.

....and he was a top 5 or 6 in a sneaky way the year before....or close.

Derek Carr has more help this year, and they are gonna have to take it a notch up offensively when you spy their schedule. I feel he is a safe back up behind Cam. Cutler was the original plan, but I waited too long.

White Wonder, not Shovel up. selection thread needs fixed

You started the thread. You can edit it.

Hey Fumble. If you see this, scratch my predraft list, I'm gonna go another route with the 14th round pick. Thanks.

OK.

Incidentally, as the guy who has scored this league for years, I can tell you once again that in this scoring format, D/ST means absolutely diddely squat. None of them warrant a pick any sooner than the 16th round.

Also, FWIW, we are on a record pace for completing the draft...

OK.

Incidentally, as the guy who has scored this league for years, I can tell you once again that in this scoring format, D/ST means absolutely diddely squat. None of them warrant a pick any sooner than the 16th round.

Yep. Top scorer last year? Philly, with 48 points.

I'd love to see, too late now, but a change to dst scoring so it matters. I know it makes more work for fumble but would make for a more accurate mock as a tool for this website

With Brady potentially out for the first 4 games, my pick of McCown is purely based on the fact that he will have the easiest defenses for the first 4 games compared to the other 10 or so late round qBs I looked at.

Robinson: decent last year, who knows if Yeldon will pan out.

Some of us think the rookie will pan out :D

Stevie Johnson is someone I believe I will be targeting late in drafts from now until the season starts. I'll get more specific about why I like him in my next article. In short, I see him as an upgrade in the slot over Eddie Royal, who had some pretty big games in this BB format.