Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 1 & 2 Commentary - July PPR **

And we're off! :thumbsdown:

ICEMAN

I'd say that it is safe to assume that Matt will not be joining us. Has V4E agreed to take part in the mock?

ICEMAN

I'm here, and can fill in.

I've just heard from Matt and he will be making his No.1 pick shortly. You might stick around though in case there is an issue with someone else today...

I've just heard from Matt and he will be making his No.1 pick shortly. You might stick around though in case there is an issue with someone else today...

Cool. I'll have to head out until noonish, but will send you a list in case.

Hmm Bell #1? It doesnt make sense to me. Youre missing so much production through 3 games.

I see no problem with it. If he can weather the storm those first few weeks then he could have one hell of a team the rest of the season.

Hmm Bell #1? It doesnt make sense to me. Youre missing so much production through 3 games.

Would tend to agree, felt as tjou h Charles is the clear #1, followed by lacy and then maybe bell, or perhaps even a wr

Lacy is rather overlooked as a receiver. Going off memory he was awfully close to 50 receptions last season and the bulk of those were after week 5, when the coach said they were going to use him more....and they did.

Lacy is rather overlooked as a receiver. Going off memory he was awfully close to 50 receptions last season and the bulk of those were after week 5, when the coach said they were going to use him more....and they did.

Agree, was hoping he would be ov er looked and fall, feel fortunate, I think there is Charles then lacey and then you are deciding between bell and a wr or two, but that requires serious thought on what happens at your next two picks

Sorry for the delays guys.

I'm not sure if I would take Bell #1 if this was a real league but it being a July Mock it provided a perfect opporunity to test it out and open up some debate.

I do think Charles, Lacy or a WR is probably a safer route.

McCoy going 5th? That may be the earliest I've seen him go. I know that I'm thrilled getting Brown with the 6th pick.

I think mccoy is going to have a ton of volume. Thats as much as i can ask for when taking a rb after the top 4.

It's a bold move that could pay off. Hard to say with him being on a new team.

It's a bold move that could pay off. Hard to say with him being on a new team.

I am tepid on Mccoy until I see what that offense really looks like, not unlike fitzgerald he could be a great player languishing on a moribund offense

I am tepid on Mccoy until I see what that offense really looks like, not unlike fitzgerald he could be a great player languishing on a moribund offense

I just look at what fred jackson was able to do on that team. Add in tex ryan whose teams run the ball, plus the o coordinator who runs the ball, plus the bills trading for mccoy, his volume should be huge.

Great discussion so far fellas!

It really appears to be a matter of if you believe certain offenses are going to operate in a certain manner. I happen to believe the Bills will struggle on offense, but others may not. Guess that is why we "mock".

I learn more from our discussion of the picks and the reasons behind selecting who we picked, than I do in the order and who was selected (where)! Thanks guys.

Hey Jeff:

Looks like you still got Luck here and didn't have to use a 1.01 on him! ha....ha

You'll certainly get a better 2nd round pick than in the June mock.

Hey Jeff:

Looks like you still got Luck here and didn't have to use a 1.01 on him! ha....ha

You'll certainly get a better 2nd round pick than in the June mock.

LOL.. very true.

Tough (and unexpected) call between Lynch and Forte at 1.09. Ultimately, what sold me on Lynch was his ability to finish in the top six in PPR scoring in each of the last four years and continuity in his scheme. I expect Forte's catch total to drop back somewhere in the 60-70 range, which will make it hard for him to outproduce Lynch since "Beast Mode" is almost always a solid bet for at least 1,200 rushing yards and 10-12 touchdowns. His job should only get easier (and his production could actually increase) with Jimmy Graham around.

Guru took who I was leaning so I had to adjust and took who I have as the number 2 WR.. Was tempted to go Forte and normally would have but I like the security Thomas gives me as my first pick

hey all......... remember that little "un-written" rule of not mentioning players who haven't been selected yet??

Just a reminder.

Forte at 2.03........................ what a steal!!

Best pick for the value in a PPR that I have seen in a while. Nice job.

(I would have taken him here if I went for a RB, but I wanted 2 top WRs and I usually take BPA)

Yep. I'll let Dan do what he needs to do here.

Sorry, for some reason I have it stuck in my head that I had pick 1.09.

I deleted my post.

hey all......... remember that little "un-written" rule of not mentioning players who haven't been selected yet??

Just a reminder.

I typically don't do that, but I really didn't think Forte was going to slip under the radar :lol:

It won't happen again.

Yea was shocked that Forte made it back to me but I'm not complaining. At 2.03 I'll take the risk his production could drop off a little but still should be a lock top 10 rb

I typically don't do that, but I really didn't think Forte was going to slip under the radar :lol:

It won't happen again.

Please, I hope no one took offense at my post here. I wasn't trying to be snide, rude or condescending in any manner.

I really was just seeing if this was how we still draft. Upon reflection, maybe I could/should have said it better. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of taking a TE this high (esp. in leagues that require three WRs like this one), but I find it difficult to pass on one that offers the biggest positional advantage of any player in the draft. He scores like a top 10 wide receiver, which means my WR1 only needs to slightly outproduce most teams' TE1 in order for this move to pay off.

Please, I hope no one took offense at my post here. I wasn't trying to be snide, rude or condescending in any manner.

I really was just seeing if this was how we still draft. Upon reflection, maybe I could/should have said it better. Thanks everyone!

No worries and I certainly wasn't offended :P As a rule, I don't talk about players that have yet to be drafted in my leagues, but that is b/c I don't want to remind any of them of someone they may have overlooked in the automated draft queue and b/c I stand to profit from it :D In this draft, we are all working off a spreadsheet or list, so I don't expect players (esp. one like Forte) to be forgotten.

I'm not a big fan of taking a TE this high (esp. in leagues that require three WRs like this one), but I find it difficult to pass on one that offers the biggest positional advantage of any player in the draft. He scores like a top 10 wide receiver, which means my WR1 only needs to slightly outproduce most teams' TE1 in order for this move to pay off.

It was gronk or forte for me and I knew if I took gronk my RBs would have suffered pretty heavily

It was gronk or forte for me and I knew if I took gronk my RBs would have suffered pretty heavily

Yeah, in your spot, it would have been tough since you went with DT in the first. I used to be as devout of a RB-RB believer as there was, but today's game doesn't support that philosophy anymore except in very rare cases. With that said, winning a league is still VERY difficult if you don't have a RB1 that can go toe-to-toe with the Charles and Petersons of the fantasy world. And since we are doing the BB format, it isn't as if you can land this year's version of Forsett off the waiver wire in early September.

I had some trouble deciding between Murray and Nelson there but I have Nelson ahead of him so had to take the best player available.