Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 3 & 4 Commentary - July PPR **

I'm Also think AJ can have a solid year in that system he has a great set of talent around him and a top tier QB

Now, he will play for the best young quarterback in the league, is arguably the only "possession" receiver in an offense that throws it as much as any team in the league, should benefit from players like Hilton stretching the field and probably won't be the focus of many defensive game plans anymore. I think a 90-catch, 1,000-plus yard, eight-TD season is within reach for him, enough to make him a WR1 in all leagues.

Very achievable, and he gets a higher ceiling back for once in his career.

Picked Ellington based on need for a starting RB. I'm not sold on him being great but he's the best I have available on my list.

Like the Edelman pick in this ppr format.

I was surprised to see him fall this far in a PPR league. You can just pencil him in for 100 catches and 6-7 TD's each year. My only fear with him is that he gets hit a lot going over the middle (just like Welker used to).

ICEMAN

My only fear with him is that he gets hit a lot going over the middle (just like Welker used to).

ICEMAN

This......one hit away from being Julieanne.

I think spiller is a nice back to get later in the third. I havent drafted later than the 6th spot yet so he hasnt landed on any of my teams so far. I always hope hes there in the 4th but hr never makes it quite that far. This is when i have my typical draft of rb wr wr. Now that i have 2 primary backs idk that i would take him in the 4th if he was still available.

I wasn't around to comment on my earlier pick on Spiller, so here goes.

I'm in total agreement that Spiller is a nice back to get later in the third. The Saints led the league with 166 targets to running backs last year and that was with Graham around. I wrote earlier this year that NO has averaged around 190-plus targets at RB since Sproles joined the team in 2011. I think Spiller's floor is at the high end of the Sproles' best days in New Orleans (bigger back with similar - not the same - elusiveness) and his ceiling is in the 125-carry, 80-catch area. Assuming his ADP hangs around this area into late August, I'll be buying a lot of Spiller stock this year.

Just texted Dan

Said he'll be home in about 20min

I was hoping Alfred Morris would slip to me. Not sure what route I'm going to go now.

He was who I would have taken had Morris or Murray been gone. Nice pickup her Hawkeye (Iowa fan?)

He was who I would have taken had Morris or Murray been gone. Nice pickup her Hawkeye (Iowa fan?)

Yes I am. Wife and I are season ticket holders.

I'm from Cherokee Iowa.

That's awesome. I'm on the other side of the state, by Dubuque. I have a friend that grew up not far from Cherokee.

That's awesome. I'm on the other side of the state, by Dubuque. I have a friend that grew up not far from Cherokee.

My ancestors grew up in Otho, Iowa.......over dere by Fort Dodge.

My ancestors grew up in Otho, Iowa.......over dere by Fort Dodge

That's a tiny town. Plenty of tiny towns in Iowa though. My town is the home of the Field of Dreams.

Sorry guys. Managed to get my pick up during the brief time I couldn't be anywhere near the computer . . . out doing runs. Ah well . . . you did a nice job cleaning out the receivers in this round, too. Not surprising, so I'll go upside again with Mr. Gurley, who was my favorite college RB even before the NFL draft.

Sorry guys. Managed to get my pick up during the brief time I couldn't be anywhere near the computer . . . out doing runs. Ah well . . . you did a nice job cleaning out the receivers in this round, too. Not surprising, so I'll go upside again with Mr. Gurley, who was my favorite college RB even before the NFL draft.

We didnt want you to have to worry about any of those pesky receivers. Gurley is as upside as it gets at this point.

Is the purpose of this mock to build the best on paper lineup or draft the team that might give you the best in season chance for success?

Like can I draft here with the idea that I might make some trades down the line, ect?

Is the purpose of this mock to build the best on paper lineup or draft the team that might give you the best in season chance for success?

Like can I draft here with the idea that I might make some trades down the line, ect?

No trading. Treat it like an mfl10 league

I believe it's based on a similar format to MFL10 leagues. No waiver pick ups and no trading. Basically a best ball league from what I understand.

Ok thanks. Because I would make very different picks here depending upon the format.

I agree. Would take some bigger chances if you could play the waiver wire.

That's oto and it's about 40 miles from Cherokee. The school was Anthon-Oto.

Can I get in on this conversation or is just for Iowa natives? :P I was born and raised in Nebraska.

Been through Nebraska several times. Only nice thing I can say is the speed limit is higher than average. :shocking: No offense intended, but the stretch of I80 through Nebraska is about as featureless and moribund as they come. NATCH!

NOTE: Is there any way to turn this into an MFL 10? Cause I've got ten dollas in my pocket...

• Like 1

^ Ralphster if not I would def be down for joining up for an MFL 10 with this group.

I already plan on being in a million. Whats a million and 1? Amiright

• Like 1