Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 5-7 Commentary - July PPR **

I don't think I will ever really like picking at the turn. It can be tough to go BPA sometimes when you have so long in between picks and have to fill needs.

I think adding Tate and Cooper who both project to be high volume guys to Evans who looks to be a td monster helps balance out the lineup some. I dig it.

That said if this was a real league where I could make a trade, say after Levon returned in week 3, I might have gone in a completely different direction.

Well, congratulations, Mueller. You're off the Christmas card list. Should have gone the other way, I guess. Nice grab on Amari. I'll just settle for Olsen, who just averages around 75 catches at the TE position.

That Kelce pick is banking on him living up to the hype and capitalizing on A Smith's dink and dunk inclinations. Through five rounds I'm at AP, AJ Green, Melvin Gordon, Landry and Kelce. I like the way this team is shaping up. Now come the dart throws and the high upside sleeper picks. Very glad I've already been through most of my rookie/vet drafts with you guys...

Not happy with what I had to choose from with that last pick. I really wanted Randle there. If he wasn't there I was going to go TE. Marshall seemed to be the best option for me.

The 4th and 5th rounds do seem to have questionable value this year, the lucky drafter might just win their league if they hit in these rounds

• Like 1

^ I think J Stew is a steal in the 5th. He was BPA on my board.

If this had been a real league I might have nabbed him and shopped Hill for a WR after week 3

If Allen Robinson was my true "second receiver", I'd be a bit worried. As my third receiving option behind Gronk and AJ, I'll be happy if he simply carries the kind of production he enjoyed as a rookie over 16 games in 2015. He was on pace for 77 catches and 877 yards last year before his foot injury and that was after he missed of the offseason and preseason with a hamstring. He was reportedly dominant this offseason and is the clear lead wideout in Duval County. The talent is there, so any improvement made by Blake Bortles in Year 2 could allow this guy to be the first Jag since 2005 to go over 1,000 receiving yards.

Nic: Thanks for taking the one guy that could have pulled me off the course I plan on taking in Round 6.

Abdullah will be a sixth-round target for me in a lot of leagues this year.

We could use a ROUND 6 selection thread as I am up next.

Thanks Mods.

Not this year for Abdullah. Worst case for Joique is first two downs and all goaline. He is also a great blocker which keeps Stafford standing. We might see more late in the season but this will not be his breakout year.

In this format and with 4 less spots than a typical MFL draft, plus a kicker, i think its important to get 3 capable backs that i am comfortable with. I would have really liked a robinson as my wr3, but randle has too much upside to pass on.

Should we really draft a kicker though? In MFL10s there are no kickers. Even besides that point, kickers are so hit or miss. Its more of a pure luck/guessing game than actual skill typically.

5.12- I could not believe TJ fell to me here. If I didn't get him I would have gone 2 WRs (and RC would not have been happy!). I now have 3 starting RBs and I am very comfortable with them.

6.01- It was between the 2 Jacksons (sounds like a 60's Pop group), went with Desean since he is the starter and in Best Ball he will have some wonderful weeks! RC: VJac was next if I hadn't gotten Yeldon.

• Like 1

Just dumb luck but I finally checked my bye weeks. Through 6 rounds I have a week 5,6,7,9,10, and a week 11. VJax will be a fine #3 wideout. DeSean and one other were in my sights.

I couldn't bite on Yeldon even though he was a second rounder. Part of that is displeasure with the offense, the other is the crowded backfield. Many are very high on him, and they are balanced out with those with a wait and see perspective.

all the mfl 10's I 've played in have kickers???? same with the 25's??

I've done two MFL10's this summer and they didn't have kickers.

I couldn't bite on Yeldon even though he was a second rounder. Part of that is displeasure with the offense, the other is the crowded backfield. Many are very high on him, and they are balanced out with those with a wait and see perspective.

Hell be a wait and see for me. I didn't invest in Jax's run game last year and don't plan to this season.

all the mfl 10's I 've played in have kickers???? same with the 25's??

You seriously scared the sh*t out of me. I went back and checked and nope, no kickers required. I have done 5 now.

You seriously scared the sh*t out of me. I went back and checked and nope, no kickers required. I have done 5 now.

Weird ......never played one without in 3 years????

A lot of the RBs and WRs look the same to me at this point, so I'll address them down the road since I am confident a handful of undervalued players at those positions will be available to me in later rounds. I can understand why quarterback is devalued somewhat in this format and also because of the depth at the position, but I'm still stunned only two QBs came off the board before my pick of Russell Wilson at 6.4. The addition of Jimmy Graham gives him the best playmaker he's ever had and his running numbers pretty much guarantee he'll be as consistent as any signal-caller. Wilson belongs in a tier below Luck and Rodgers, but I don't think he should be going five and three rounds, respectively, after them either. I would have preferred a running back with my pick, but I couldn't justify passing on a likely top-five quarterback - none of which should be available with my next pick - to reach for a RB here when the same kind of player will be available at 7.9 or 8.4.

Agreed solid option for the spot drafted was one of my considerations but the depth at QB kept me away

Dam you Nic !!

(this is getting to be a habit :mad: )

Dam you Nic !!

(this is getting to be a habit :mad: )

Maclin was the last WR I had in that tier, so changed direction to grab one of the last starting RBs in Blount. Yes, he has the suspension and probably won't catch more than 10 passes but he makes up for it in a safe double-digit TD total.

Its a good thing Dru told me i was otc because even after refreshing the site, the round 6 selection thread was showing ICEMAN as the last to respond. We would have been waiting on ol beernuts for a bit. Thanks bud.

Anyway, onto Bryant. I am not sure where people stand on Bryant. I think he is a little sporadic, but those big weeks can come up huge in this format. Chaos is king in the land of best ball. Actually its not but it sounded cool in my head.

Anyway, onto Bryant. I am not sure where people stand on Bryant. I think he is a little sporadic, but those big weeks can come up huge in this format. Chaos is king in the land of best ball. Actually its not but it sounded cool in my head.

I was all set to take him at 6.09 bastige!! He won't thrive in PPR but I think he'll make up for it by catching something like 8-10 TDs as the Steelers primary red zone threat.

So I settled for Vereen whom I'm hoping will catch a buncha balls out of the backfield in Zoo York..

I was all set to take him at 6.09 bastige!! He won't thrive in PPR but I think he'll make up for it by catching something like 8-10 TDs as the Steelers primary red zone threat.

So I settled for Vereen whom I'm hoping will catch a buncha balls out of the backfield in Zoo York..

If i did not take randle where i did i would have probably taken vereen.

Am high on him, hoping he drops a bit further in later ddrafts as his curent spot does not fit my draft design

Am high on him, hoping he drops a bit further in later ddrafts as his curent spot does not fit my draft design

I would like to get him a little later also, but my spidy senses told me to take him here. Looking at who is left at receiver, i wasnt confident enough to say anyone else was clearly a better option. As my wr3 i like him and am confident i can find other receivers to help out on his down weeks.